Old 07-29-2009, 01:26 PM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default More to Love

sorry if this has been discussed already, I haven't been around too much (on vacay) but did anyone watch the Bachelor-type show, More to Love, with big people? he seems sweet, genuinely likes bigger girls which is good. HOWEVER, it's the first DAY for heaven's sakes and these girls are crying and sobbing about being loved, being fat blah blah. It gives fat girls a BAD NAME and I for one do not like it. I've never sat and cried about being fat - it's not like someone did it TO ME, or it's not like there isn't a solution to it LOL, ergh it annoyed me to no end. AND of course small dresses with skimpy spaghetti straps without supportive bras, yah that's a good look! There was one I liked so far, a 6'2 amazon girl who seemed poised and confident so i hope they show her more! The sobbing and crying, or the false bravado of jumping in a pool to show how whimsical and cool you are, yoikes!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:28 PM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I won't even watch that show. WTF! Like big girls need to be singled out like that!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

There's a discussion in General Chatter about this show but I will echo what I said there..

I can't be bothered to watch this.

Here's the link to the discussion - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...more-love.html
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:12 PM   #4  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I saw the preview for it yesterday while working out and just rolled my eyes. Fat people are all over the TV lately and while some of the shows might be inspiring, for the most part it's just exploitation of desperate people seeking attention. I won't watch this show, but then again I don't get into the other dating shows.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:23 PM   #5  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
The sobbing and crying, or the false bravado of jumping in a pool to show how whimsical and cool you are, yoikes!
I agree, about the "whimsical" dip in the pool .. LOL
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:24 PM   #6  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pita09 View Post
I saw the preview for it yesterday while working out and just rolled my eyes. Fat people are all over the TV lately and while some of the shows might be inspiring, for the most part it's just exploitation of desperate people seeking attention. I won't watch this show, but then again I don't get into the other dating shows.

I totally agree.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 274/259/135

Height: 5'4

OH I COMPLETELY AGREE! That's exactly what I was thinking when I watched it last night!! EVERY interview showed each girl crying about just wanting to be loved despite their weight, and how troubling their love lives have been. Not EVERY overweight person has been destined to a life of solitude! I am overweight and have been on plenty of dates and am getting married to a wonderful man. It was awful! It basically just came across that there is NO way you can be happy if youre overweight. AND THEN, they showed them eating and talking about the hors d'oeuvres...no other 'bachelor' type show have they shown that, but of course, since it's fat girls they have to show them eating and talking about food.
DCchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #8  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I have been very happily married for 17 years and my sex life still ROCKS!!! Being heavy doesn't seal your fate!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:04 PM   #9  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
I have been very happily married for 17 years and my sex life still ROCKS!!! Being heavy doesn't seal your fate!
Amen!

I met my boyfriend on the internet almost 6 years ago. For almost 5 of those, I sent fake pics because I was ashamed of me. I believed if he ever saw the real me, the 330 pound me, he would run far far away. I was so wrong. I moved 1800 miles in July of last year to start our life together. I had told him just mere days before we met face to face that I lied.And just a fyi, he is a thin guy. But you know what? He loved me then and he still loves me now. Being fat does not have to mean alone and miserable!
Old 07-29-2009, 03:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/175.5/130

Height: 5' 7"

You just know that right after the finale for this show about "real women" airs, the couple is going to appear on a TV weight loss competition.
iskatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #11  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

LOL I wouldn't doubt it!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote