Old 07-29-2009, 12:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 274/259/135

Height: 5'4

Default Is it possible to lose 4 inches in 3 1/2 weeks?

I know, I roll my eyes at these types of threads too, but I need to lose 4 inches from my waist and hips in that time in order to fit into my wedding dress!! I am significantly overweight, I weigh a little less than 250lbs and i'm 5'4 so hopefully that will help my cause. I'm eating a very high fiber, moderate carb diet and working out. Does anyone have experiences of how many inches they were able to lose in this amt of time?
DCchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:26 AM   #2  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

i don't think so. have u tried like spanx? but if u end up losing the 4inches let us no on how u did that. good luck n best wishes
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:36 AM   #3  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I don't have any experiences to offer you honey, and everyone's body will lose different amounts off of different body parts at different times. My best advice would be to keep working out, keep eating well, lose as many inches as you can... and invest in a bridal corset, which will help you to look sexy as **** on your wedding day.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:23 AM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

try atkins, although its not very healthy, you can drop a lot of weight quick
princesspuffypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 390/375/200

Height: 5'3"

Default Many may not want to hear it... but...

My aunt lost a couple of inches all over her body the day of her wedding by getting a body wrap. She followed every single one of the instructions to the absolute T. She also did one a few weeks before the wedding to test it out so that she wasn't relying on the wrap to make her fit into her wedding dress.

I am not in any way advocating this, but considering that I work in the beauty industry, I know it works. I've seen it done before my eyes at the Premier Show in Orlando. The lady they did it to lost anywhere from 3 - 5 inches on different parts of her body. It's a completely temporary fix, but if that's what you need to fit into a dress you probably paid a lot of money for.
gypsie921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:28 AM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 222/136/?

Height: 5'10

Anything is possible but it wouldn't be health and more detramental in the long run to your health. Too lose that much weight you would need a huge calorie defecit which would probably screw your body all up.
benchmarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:10 AM   #7  

Thanks everyone! We'll see what happens. i really could care less how much weight i lose, I just care about the inches! I'm hoping that I'll lose big the first week that I get seriou s(this week) as that is what usually happens. I gain most of my weight in my midsection, and tend to lose it there first...fingers crossed. if i dont, i have to pay like $400 for extra fabric and then rush rush rush tailoring fees. so there is another option, but i'd rather just cut the inches off!!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:12 AM   #8  

OH, and I"m ABSOLUTELY wearing a corset. unfortunatley, they only take off about an inch in my waist!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

You can lose a lot of water weight in a short time if you're really ambitious. Eating very low-carb usually helps (and will probably cause you to drop a good amount of fat, too)... but can also cause headaches, nausea, and other things you probably don't want on your wedding day. Maybe in 3.5 weeks you'd be used to it, though.. I have no idea.

You'll want to eat VERY low-sodium and drink lots and lots of water for at least a week beforehand. Eat extra light in the days leading up to the wedding so that you have less material in your intestines taking up space.

There are also plenty of unhealthy ways to really dehydrate yourself that people use to fit into special outfits, but I don't want anyone to think I condone them.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I've lost 2 inches off my waist in one week, without dieting. I was doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. If you are just starting out, you have that working for you, so I would keep it low sodium, no bubbly drinks, lots of working out, and I would do a low carb diet, South Beach says you will lose the weight off your waist first. If you are really determined I think you could easily lose 2-3 inches, and then spanx to take off the rest! Good luck!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:40 AM   #11  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimGirl View Post
I've lost 2 inches off my waist in one week, without dieting. I was doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. If you are just starting out, you have that working for you, so I would keep it low sodium, no bubbly drinks, lots of working out, and I would do a low carb diet, South Beach says you will lose the weight off your waist first. If you are really determined I think you could easily lose 2-3 inches, and then spanx to take off the rest! Good luck!

-Aimee
The Shred is Awesome! I just started on Monday and have done it the last 3 days in a row. I'm sore as heck but I can already see a difference in my waist!

I say get a good intensive exercise routine and go low carb for a few weeks.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:04 PM   #12  

Yeah I'm looking into the Shred now! can someone give me a little summary of what the workouts are? What types of exercises does it incorporate?
Old 07-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

It depends on which level, level 1 has jumping jacks, jump rope, abs, some weights, it was the hardest one for me, but I saw such great results from it! The 2nd and 3rd levels weren't so great for me, I didn't see much results from them Must have been the cardio! I would take some days off, let your body recover, I was doing it every day and hurt my back and abs, I had to go to the chiropractor, and still cannot sleep on my sides, only my back.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:21 PM   #14  

oh dear! I hope you are doing better, sounds like you are! I have a reallly small apartment, so I can't jump rope in it, but i could do the jumping jacks. does she offer another option for jump rope? maybe i could just jump up and down for the jump roping part?! so i guess as far as equipment goes; dumbells, jump rope
Old 07-29-2009, 01:26 PM   #15  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

You're not actually using a jump rope, you're just making the motions - ie jumping up and down, rotating your arms, etc. To be honest, I never really jumped off the ground during those - I have TERRIBLE shin splints and it felt like my legs were going to just split apart - but I'd make the motions up and down and it still worked for me.

As far as the dumb-bells, I had hand weights but a friend of mine just used soup cans and she said that worked fine enough for her. Its pretty much designed so you really don't have to have any extra equipment, just the dvd.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote