Old 07-29-2009, 10:45 AM   #1  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Default I have a bad case of I want it now!

I've developed myself a very sustainable weight loss program that is working so well that for the first time since I gained 100 lbs almost 20 years ago that I could really take it off.

That said, I've lost just enough that I'm starting to get the rewards (smaller clothes, better exercise endurance) and now am getting impatient. It's like I want to say to the weight loss universe "look, I promise I'll keep this up if you'll just give me the body I want NOW!!!!".

Now that I have that off my chest, back to my plan. Thanks for listening.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #2  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

that's funny, I just wrote a post on my blog about that topic, weight loss and patience. I hear you.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:02 AM   #3  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

I Feel that way somtimes too, its great that we have a place to vent about those things. I'm sure everyone feels that way once in a while. Thanks for sharing!
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:16 AM   #4  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I hear you because I feel the same way. I really think I have finally got a handle of this weight loss thing. I know what and how to eat. I know that exercise is important and I bust my butt 6 days a week doing it. Yet, my weight is slowwwwwwly coming off as I try to control my impatience with wanting my thin, healthy body today!! It's frustrating, but there is nothing we can do but keep on going towards the direction we know will work. Hang in there!
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #5  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Impatience should be my middle name...

I have lost faster than I ever have before and have zero right to complain, and yet I want more. So I keep marching forward knowing one day I'll look back and say that "only" took X amount of time to change my life completely.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

This is the hardest part about losing weight. Its too bad we don't have a looking glass to see the final result ahead of time, LOL But patience does pay off in the end, hang in there............you will succeed and reap the rewards soon!
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:09 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I used that impatience to my advantage. I wanted that fat off sooo badly, I stuck with my plan day in and day out. Day after day after day. Through holidays, birthdays, social events, weekends, stress, happiness, anger, you name it. That impatience made me STRONG. Now of course no matter how diligent one is, there's only so fast 165 lbs are going to come off. But I knew if I really, really stuck with it, that it WOULD come off. I knew there was no way I was not going to get to my goal.

I also enjoyed every single minute of my losing portion of this journey. I had a BLAST. Loved manipulating that scale. Loved watching my dress size plummet. Loved the added energy. Loved my new and emerging muscles. Loved discovering my bones and veins. Loved the compliments. Loved the strength I found in myself. Loved discovering who I was meant to be. Loved everything about it.

I did make the best use of that time . I looked at my journey as a learning experience. I used that time to really, really get these new habits ingrained in me. I educated myself on nutrition, cooking, my likes and my dislikes. I came up with coping skills, strategies and a solid, solid plan. It really was very valuable. Had the weight come off in a week or a couple of months even - I wouldn't have had a clue as what to do with my slim self - I would have turned around and gained every ounce back.

I wouldn't trade that time for anything in the world.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 07-29-2009 at 05:11 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:43 PM   #8  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

As usual, Robin has done a fantastic job of plucking the words out of my brain.

The journey IS an important part of weight loss. The lessons learned along the way are invaluable. I can't stress enough how important it is to live your life now, don't wish for the future - enjoy each and every day as the gift that it is.

And, parenthetically, what is absolutely amazing is that WHILE I was losing, it seemed that it was a slow, steady pace. Now, I look back and it seems like it happened very quickly. Take it one day at a time, and you WILL reach your goal! And, in the scheme of things, it won't matter one bit how long it took you to get there!

Last edited by CountingDown; 07-29-2009 at 05:46 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:46 PM   #9  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Oh, I hear you. I'm doing better now than ever before and it has made me laugh when I say, "Oh if I can just get into the next decade...." "Oh, if I can just get to X lbs lost...." Then, when I've made it to that point, I think about the next decade or next number of pounds I want off. So, good news and bad news. I'm not where I want to be yet, but I'm much farther than I was back in March.

We are a fun bunch, aren't we?
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:51 PM   #10  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Oh, I can't count the number of times I have tried to make that deal with the weight loss universe!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:39 PM   #11  

Guess I've never looked at weight loss as a learning experience, just a means to an end. No wonder I've always gained it all back and then some. What gerat insight.
waquilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:23 AM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by waquilter View Post
Guess I've never looked at weight loss as a learning experience, just a means to an end. No wonder I've always gained it all back and then some. What gerat insight.
Well there you have it! Takes on a whole new meaning when you look at it in that light, doesn't it? Losing weight and the time it takes to do so is not something to dread. Make it an adventure! Discovery and growth is a wonderful thing.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:26 AM   #13  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Well there you have it! Takes on a whole new meaning when you look at it in that light, doesn't it? Losing weight and the time it takes to do so is not something to dread. Make it an adventure! Discovery and growth is a wonderful thing.

man! I love this site! what a great post (and your post above). I have to tell you this story, bf got a package from the UK yesterday, it's his birthday 8/1. His friend sent him candy bars. He opened one up, and was eating it and said (cruelly! ha, since I'm a chocolate fiend), this is the best chocolate I've ever tasted. I said back, then you should eat it all yourself, it's for you. And I meant it! I don't think I could have done that if I hadn't been reading your posts, rr.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:10 AM   #14  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonwoman64 View Post
man! I love this site! what a great post (and your post above). I have to tell you this story, bf got a package from the UK yesterday, it's his birthday 8/1. His friend sent him candy bars. He opened one up, and was eating it and said (cruelly! ha, since I'm a chocolate fiend), this is the best chocolate I've ever tasted. I said back, then you should eat it all yourself, it's for you. And I meant it! I don't think I could have done that if I hadn't been reading your posts, rr.

Atta girl! That's the way to do it. You've got to decide what it is you want the MOST. Right now your job, your mission is to lose weight. There is no shortage in this world of chocolate, not now or anytime soon. You can have it a later time. When you're more in control, when you've got a better handle on things and when you can "safely" plan a small amount of it into your day. but for now, you've got better things to do with your calories! You're on a cruise to better health.

And I betcha we wouldn't hear that excitement in your "voice" HAD you EATEN that chocolate. Nu-uh. No way. You've done marvelously. Just keep at it. Keep on making those wise, mature, responsible decisions.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

I too often have a case of "I want it now!". Every single response here was brillante! Thanks Chickies!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote