Old 07-28-2009, 09:57 AM   #1  

Height: 4'11"

Default Tripped but didn't fall.

Yesterday was not a super day. I didn't exercise. I bought my son a gumball machine at Goodwill, and filled it with gumballs. Then I started eating the gumballs like candy. I don't know what came over me. I had about 6 before I came to my senses. Then I felt yucky and craved carbs all day. I didn't give in too much, although I did have a couple of pieces of bread, and didn't get my 5 fruits and veggies in yesterday.

Anyway, I just wanted to put this out there, that I had a small setback, and will be redoubling my efforts today. I feel so much better when I eat well, and now when I eat poorly it's nothing like a bad day before. The gumball machine is safely out of view in my son's room. So I feel fine about it.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #2  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Good job on catching yourself before it became more than a small trip. You'll do better today!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:11 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

A very slight trip at that. And as long as you catch yourself and LEARN from it - no harm done whatsoever. It's all part of the process/journey.

You're doing great.

Oh - and don't forget - eat your veggies. -
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Yes, good job actually. Every post here is right. You are human, this is part of life, and you learned from it!!! Fantasic girl!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #5  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Just a little stumble; don't let it get you down! I'm glad todays a better day for you.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:25 PM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Good job on catching yourself!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:35 PM   #7  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Good for you on snapping back quickly. I have to tell you something you might enjoy hearing.

You have become the inspiration for a "non-junk food" challenge for 3 little boys aged 9-11 years. Almost a week ago I was reading one of your posts here at 3FC and my son and his 2 good friends walked by the computer and saw your (at the time) "One Month without Junkfood" quote in your siggy. My son ( who is slightly overweight and a junk food junkie) spouted off to his friends, (also overweight) that a month without junk food would be a breeze..."That would be a cinch" he says. The other 2 boys agreed. I told my son if he could make it to the first day of school, (about a month away) without a single bite of junk food I would give him $50. He took me up on the challenge. When his friends mom came to get them we told her about the challenge. They wanted to try it too...so the other 2 boys were offered the same challenge to them from their mom. We all sat and discussed what Junk-food was, (Pop, chips, candy, ice cream, etc.). Anyway, it has been several days and all the boys are still hanging in there but almost caved a few times. They have all admitted how HARD it is. One boy said, "I never noticed how much junk food there is!" Another one said, "I didn't realize how many chips I ate." SO, you have inspired 3 chubby little boys to give up Junk Food. You have made a difference! Thank you!!

Last edited by Lori Bell; 07-28-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:21 PM   #8  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Kudos for ingesting that sugar and not completely falling off! It takes a lot of strength and determination to catch yourself so quickly.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:02 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
Good for you on snapping back quickly. I have to tell you something you might enjoy hearing.

You have become the inspiration for a "non-junk food" challenge for 3 little boys aged 9-11 years. Almost a week ago I was reading one of your posts here at 3FC and my son and his 2 good friends walked by the computer and saw your (at the time) "One Month without Junkfood" quote in your siggy. My son ( who is slightly overweight and a junk food junkie) spouted off to his friends, (also overweight) that a month without junk food would be a breeze..."That would be a cinch" he says. The other 2 boys agreed. I told my son if he could make it to the first day of school, (about a month away) without a single bite of junk food I would give him $50. He took me up on the challenge. When his friends mom came to get them we told her about the challenge. They wanted to try it too...so the other 2 boys were offered the same challenge to them from their mom. We all sat and discussed what Junk-food was, (Pop, chips, candy, ice cream, etc.). Anyway, it has been several days and all the boys are still hanging in there but almost caved a few times. They have all admitted how HARD it is. One boy said, "I never noticed how much junk food there is!" Another one said, "I didn't realize how many chips I ate." SO, you have inspired 3 chubby little boys to give up Junk Food. You have made a difference! Thank you!!
That is so wonderful. Wow. Lori, let us know how it turns out.

Thinpossible, you must feel so marvelous reading this. That really is something.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:56 PM   #10  

Good for you for coming to your senses!

LoriBell: Good luck to the boys! This rocks!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #11  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Kudos! You are amazing!!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:27 AM   #12  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

thinpossible that was a wonderful and inspirational post!! congrats on framing things in the right way and not letting it get to you. You are an inspiration to many just like Lori said. You also really got me thinking.

Today I tripped but I realize I haven't fallen and quitting is not an option. I'm hovering at 200, I have never passed 200 since I was 15 years old and I have so much anxiety over getting to 199 it's ridiculous. My stress level is through the roof - I'm so afraid of failure and everyday I check the scale it says 200, 201 or 202. Thanks so much for sharing your moment. I was feeling soooo down today. I came back from visiting an ill family member and was so stressed that I turned to food for comfort and went over my calories for the day. But tomorrow is a new day and I know that I'm in it for the long haul - I know I can make it past onederland and beyond. one day, one step at a time and tripping doesn't mean we must fall. hugs ladies!
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote