Old 07-27-2009, 03:31 AM   #1  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Default Accountability/Menu/Planning 27 July - 2 August

Hey everyone!

Sorry for going MIA last week - I've figured it out that I've got a real routine here - I post on days when I work because everything's a bit more structured for me. If I lose that structure, then I don't post. Something to think on.

Anyway, I had a good week off. Fairly relaxed - I caught up with a couple of friends and did a few things around here, but it was what I needed. Unfortunately I came down with a cold just in time to go back to work. I didn't think it would be a good idea to call in sick on my first day back, so I took some Coldrex and struggled through. I really can't wait for winter to be over with - it is getting lighter in the mornings and evenings which is great!

There's been a few changes at work. The problem child in our team is moving to another team and we're all doing happy dances behind his back. It sounds horrible, but he hasn't fitted in or, more importantly, made any effort to fit in to the team, so it's a case of good riddance. Things are still quiet, which is good. I'm beginning to think we might just get through a winter without something big happening. And by writing that, I think I've just jinxed us!

The gym is going well. I'm almost enjoying it which is good. I am a little bit worried though - yummy trainer told me on Friday that there'll be a surprise this week. Now, I'm thinking that 6am is far too early for wine, so I'm not sure if this is going to be a surprise I'll enjoy! I'll let you know on Friday night.

I'd better organise dinner, so will talk to you tomorrow.

Have fun!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Nicolen~ Glad to hear you enjoyed your time off work. Sorry to hear about the cold. A nice hot tottie might be the key.
It's hard to believe July is ending this week, time sure does fly. Before you know it you will be enjoying spring blooms!

I quite agree on days I don't work my routine is quite different and things such as the forum can go unattended as my mind is occupied with other things. ~Hope it is a good surprise !!!

Well thankfully I wasn't up wandering the house (other than 4 pottie breaks) all night long so no boredom raids on food. So hopefully that trend has passed with just the two nights under my belt so to speak. See the list for the "illegal" foods .

Managed to get into the garden between the rain spurts. My poor peppers have had a bad year and seem stunted in growth, our temps on average have been very cool...not that I am complaining personally mind you..lol.

The tomatoes are going wild on the other hand but I would like to see less foliage and more flowers on them. I trimmed back many branches and plucked a lot of little sucker sprouts. Re-arranged some branches to help clear my path. Noticed how many wild tomatoes I have coming from last year. Had to pull some of them out but I think they are from the currant tomatoes I had planted the year before.

I have several broccoli which are ready to harvest so that gives me something to think on for dinners this week. Made a broccoli dish I loved last week so I will be sure to shred some stalks up for a repeat performance. My cabbages are huge and need to start curling or I will not be able to move through that section of the garden ...lol.

I moved some pots that have strawberry plants in them only to find an infestation of grubs under each one. I fished them all out and tossed them to the chickens. Speaking of chickens the orange snow netting I bought on ebay is really helping this year with keeping them out of the garden. I also blocked their view from their run to the garden so when they come out to free range they aren't already in the mind set of heading straight to the garden.... so for them I guess out of sight is out of mind...lol. Other than some new hatchlings running through my garden the other day there have been no major surprises.

I wish I didn't have to go to work today. Oh well some things can't be avoided. Hope everyone has a great day !!! Monday is here...lol

Sun 7/26/09
** foods after midnight but before 6am… ugh**
4 Crackers
2 boiled eggs mashed w/ mayo
Slice of salami
Vanilla ice cream
Sunflower seeds
Water

Ff yogurt
Pineapple
Sprinkle of muesli
Water

Zucchini & Tomatoes w/ pineapple
Parmesan cheese sprinkle
Water

Grilled salmon
Quinoa & veggies
Water

Sf pudding

jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Monday morning ladies!
I've been away on vacation at the beach. It was a nice break, and I did okay with food - mostly on plan, but with a few planned treats. Time to get back to business though! I will read last week's thread to catch up later, but for now hope all are well. I did see that cfmama is in the hospital. Best wishes for her speedy recovery.

Here's today:
B: strawberry-cottage cheese smoothie, hard boiled egg, coffee with milk
S: tomato juice, raw zuke with hummus
L: lean ground beef patty, veggie salad
S: latte, mozzarella cheese stick
D: grilled salmon, cauliflower mash, sauteed zukes, maybe a ripe tomato (fingers crossed)
S: NSA fudgesicle or SB peanut butter cup
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:42 PM   #4  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

hello ladies, sounds like everyone is back to being busy! Lots of vacations going on right now! Wish I was on one...not until november though! Then...SAN FRAN!

now onto the good stuff:

b: 4 oz seitan in sugar free syrup
s: 2 oz hummus with wheat thins
l: sesame tofu
s: 1 cup strawberry halves
d: naked bbq burrito (homemade) w/ light sour cream, brown rice, black beans, seitan, and corn salsa.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:10 PM   #5  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I'm back!!!! We had a nice time, although I am VERY glad to be home again!!!! Food was ok, exercise was great--LOTS of walking. The rest of the week will be spent hanging out at home and just doing random 'stuff'....Right now dh and both dogs are sleeping....all three are snoring. It's pretty funny.

Have a great night! I'll catch up tomorrow!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:40 AM   #6  

I didn't get a chance to pop in here earlier. Been busy getting the kids, the house and myself together for my Philly trip. I'm still doing well and plan on keeping it up while I'm away. We even scheduled gym time and a run up the Rocky steps.

My menu today:

Breakfast: A broccoli and red bell peppers scramble and strawberries.

Snack 1: A strawberry and blue berry smoothie.

Lunch: A whole wheat turkey burger and a Sugar-Free Jell-O.

Snack 2: Was too busy and completely forgot!

Dinner: Marinated Flank Steak and Surprise South Beach Mashed "Potatoes".

Dessert: A .Sugar-Free Creamsicle
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:18 AM   #7  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hey lovelies,

I'm actually a bit sore today - sore arms, so I must have worked out hard yesterday. Well, that's my theory and I'm sticking with it anyway. Had a good cardio workout today and am looking forward to my day off exercise tomorrow.

Work is good - fairly quiet till the last couple of minutes. We've got a problem claim with a fairly prominent man here who today decided to go to the media about his issues with us. The reality is, he's not covered and that's that. Thankfully it's not one of my claims, but that sort of thing always makes for an interesting day.

But apart from that, there's not much to report.

Jab, your garden sounds fantastic. Yummy, yummy fresh broccoli!

Schmoodle, I'm pleased you had a great break.

Lottie, yay for looking forward to a break! I've heard San Francisco's lovely - apparently it's very like Wellington, our capital city and if that's true, then it must be a wonderful city! I went to university in Wellington and completely fell in love with the city.

MJ, I'm pleased you had a great break as well.

Sunshine, another one going on holiday! What's with us all at the moment?

I'm watching TV and they're making the most yummy Lemon Tart. I love Lemon Tart - it's a good thing I'm too lazy to actually make one from scratch, isn't it?

Take care everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:41 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolen View Post
Sunshine, another one going on holiday! What's with us all at the moment?
Ahhhh...the fun days of summer! However, my trip is more business than pleasure but we scheduled extra days before and after our conference to have a mini-vacation.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:42 AM   #9  

I also plan to log-in to this site often so I can stay accountable. You guys are part of my life line!

Last edited by SunshineCA; 07-28-2009 at 03:43 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:13 AM   #10  

Hello, hope everyone has a fabulous Tuesday !!!!!!!!!!!!

Food was better yesterday, although I admit to being too hungry by the time I got home. Going to the grocery after work to pick up a couple things did NOT help ! I bought a pack of Kashi cookies and had one to tide me over till I got home.

The beauty of left overs is I was able to scoop up a big bowl of left over veggies and quinoa and put it in the microwave while I put in the laundry and unpacked the groceries. Ate too fast but it served it's purpose well, and when it's veggies I have no guilt. I am one of those ppl who thinks if it's veggies and fruit you can free range...lol.

Yesterday's food...

Mon 7/27/09

Joseph’s flax, oat bran, w. wheat lavash
Grilled salmon (leftover)
Squirt of mayo
Water

Kashi bar (not nearly as filling as my triscuits !)
craisins
Water

Kashi cookie
Water

Quinoa & veggies (leftovers)
Zucchini & Tomatoes w/ pineapple
Water

yogurt
Blueberries
Water

2 crackers
Ff cheese
Old 07-28-2009, 08:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Happy Tuesday chicks. I did great with food AND exercise yesterday - a long walk in the morning and swimming in the evening. Don't know about today yet though. DD and I have dental appts, some errands to run, some cleaning I need to do, and work. Hopefully I can squeeze a walk in there somewhere but I think we are in for some yucky weather later.
Anybody watch Anthony Bourdain? He was in Baltimore last night, definitely showed the underbelly of the city. All the fabulous food around here and he went for fried whiting???? Whatever. At least he got some oysters and a crab cake, but he didn't say much about it.

Here's today's menu:
B: scrambled eggs with zucchini and salsa, turkey bacon, coffee with milk
S: raw veg with hummus
L: leftover hamburger patty or chicken breast with mashed cauliflower
S: skim latte, strawberry cottage cheese smoothie
D: tomatoes stuffed with tuna salad, couscous
S: SB peanut butter cup

nicolen, hope your cold is better. I guess last week was the week to be off work!
jab, I'm with you on the veggies, the more the better.
sunshine, have a great trip.
Welcome back mj, where did you go?
I haven't been to San Francisco lottie, that's really something to look forward to!
jab, sounds like you are quite the gardener! I'm a novice, only zucchini, tomatoes, and peppers for me. My peppers and zukes are doing great, and I've got tons of tomatoes, but none ripe yet. It's been cool here too. The plants have early blight, but I'm hoping I'll still get tomatoes before they die. Don't know how that happened, since we built new raised beds this year, filled with new soil, and started the plants from seed.

Well, my laundry doesn't seem to be hanging itself, so off I go. Have a good one ladies!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:06 AM   #12  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

b: 2 egg whites, 1 slice cheese, 1 english muffin whole grain lite
s: hummus w/ carrots
l: bbq tofu
s: 2 egg whites 1 slice cheese
d: black bean burrito w/ sour cream
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:34 AM   #13  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

hello. i havnet been here in a year. but somehow managed to remember my password and log in info.

plan: stay on plan

well, im off to work. ill check in later when i have time. have a good day everyone
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:43 PM   #14  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I've been around, just not posting too much. Everyone has been good at posting their meal plans. I'm not good at that because it can change throughout the day. I keep up through the day with The Daily Plate so that my calories stay in check. Exercising has been great. I had hoped to add another day of spin class today, but I wasn't there as early as I wanted to be and the class was already starting. I didn't feel comfortable walking in there, so I'll just go on Thursday and try again next week to add Tuesday. I worked out hard with the weights, so I felt good about that.

I had wanted to make it to the 30 pounds lost mark on my weigh in, but didn't get there. TOM going on and that might have been the reason. I'm not sure, but I'm trying to really work it this week to make that magical mark.

Math Puppy - I remember you from before. Good to see you again!

Schmoodle - I didn't see that show, but what is fried whiting? Is that fish?

Jab: I'm like you with the veggies. Should be limitless when they are good for you, right? ha!

Sunshine: Good to mix a little pleasure in with a business trip!

Nicolen: Glad you're getting some good workouts in! Way to go!

MJ: Glad you're back!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
I've been around, just not posting too much. Everyone has been good at posting their meal plans. I'm not good at that because it can change throughout the day. I keep up through the day with The Daily Plate so that my calories stay in check. Exercising has been great. I had hoped to add another day of spin class today, but I wasn't there as early as I wanted to be and the class was already starting. I didn't feel comfortable walking in there, so I'll just go on Thursday and try again next week to add Tuesday. I worked out hard with the weights, so I felt good about that.

I had wanted to make it to the 30 pounds lost mark on my weigh in, but didn't get there. TOM going on and that might have been the reason. I'm not sure, but I'm trying to really work it this week to make that magical mark.

Math Puppy - I remember you from before. Good to see you again!

Schmoodle - I didn't see that show, but what is fried whiting? Is that fish?

Jab: I'm like you with the veggies. Should be limitless when they are good for you, right? ha!

Sunshine: Good to mix a little pleasure in with a business trip!

Nicolen: Glad you're getting some good workouts in! Way to go!

MJ: Glad you're back!
That is why I usually post what I ate the day before...lol. I find what I plan tends to change from what I put in my mouth, so by posting what I ate the day before it is a true accounting.

Now I just need to get my butt in gear and motivate toward moving more once I get off work !!!!