Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2002, 11:52 AM   #1  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Default Yet another motivation thread

Hey ladies....

I felt the need to post, as I woke up this morning re-motivated. I was in that half-asleep sort of getting ready to wake up mode, when random thoughts seem to drift through my brain. One of the thoughts I had was "you are nine pounds from your fattest and it's showing." Boy, is it ever! My skirts are tight across my butt again...I keep popping the button on my favorite khaki pants...****, I'm even knocking my (__|__) into desks again. Who needs this s@!*? Certainly not me.

Even if I will never again be a size 8, I could certainly be a size 12. Even if I will never again see 132, 150 is not unreachable. Besides, my track record is against me if I continue down this path. I lose weight, only to gain back more than I started with. It's gotta stop somewhere. 242.5 is my threshold. I can't weigh that ever again.

So, I got on the scale this morning to a pleasant surprise. I'm at 229...I think I lost some water weight because the bloat of PMS is starting to wind down. I'll take it. Now I just need to do it. Just do it.
Old 11-09-2002, 09:01 PM   #2  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

Hi Jennelle from your neighbor up in Tennessee!!!

That's great about your motivation! You know, that's really a good reminder for us all. . .motivation sort of needs to be renewed fresh every morning! Espiecially since there are so many things that can sqwelch it (from ourselves and the outside circumstances!)

This is a great post, because I truly feel motivation is the key to success. It keeps us going (along with help from above! )

*smiles* irishwings
Old 11-10-2002, 07:38 AM   #3  
hot mom wanna be!

Default Just Do It!

Hmmm where have I heard "just do it" before?
Heck, it works for Nike and it will work for us too! Just do it! You really could be a size 8 again if you want it bad enough. I am starting to believe that lately. I have a coworker who has gone from a 2x to a size 6/8! It took her a looong time and she had a baby too in between but she finally made it! She has been this size over a year now, so it's not like she just crashed it off and then gained it all back overnight! She proves to me it can be done. Myself, I have never been that small. I am 5'8 and have a large frame. I remember wearing a size 12 and looked darn good! So for me a 12 is your 8!!
We can do this!!
laura
Closed Thread