Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-25-2009, 07:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280.0/205.8/100.0

Height: 5'2"

Default Bad Day Turned Good

Today started off badly. The scale said I gained .4 pounds, which I know isn't a real weight gain but it sucked nonetheless.
Then I had a tuna sandwich planned for "breakfast". I had it made and was just about to stick it in the microwave to melt the cheese when I dropped the plate on the floor. Tuna sandwich mess to clean up and nothing prepared to eat!
A few months ago I'd have said screw it, I'm going to the diner. It actually passed through my head that I could just go get a gyro and fries. I'm allowing myself a planned gyro (NO fries) in August for my birthday. I didn't need another one anytime soon. I made another tuna sandwich instead.
Then I was trying to convince myself that I didn't have to go to the gym. After all, I had extra work preparing my food all over again and cleaning the mess and the gym closes at 5PM so it wouldn't hurt if I just didn't go today...
I went anyhow. And managed 40 minutes on the elliptical plus 35 minutes on the treadmill. In March when I first tried the elliptical I was toast at 1.5 minutes and praying for death when I crawled off the machine after a whopping 3 minutes. So hitting 40 minutes on the elliptical was awesome!
All things considered, a bad day turns into what *I* make of it. And I turned today into a GOOD day! I hope everyone else had a fantastic day also!
CamiToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:40 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

You know, sometimes it seems like the world is trying to sabotage your healthy choices (I've had cats eat my tuna sandwiches...twice!), gym equipment break, you name it.

But it has no power if you don't let it get to you! And you didn't!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Woo hoo! That's fantastic!! Good for you not letting anything derail your plans! I've had those off days too and when you make it through you just feel so much better don't you? Great job!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280.0/205.8/100.0

Height: 5'2"

[QUOTE=mandalinn82;2843915]You know, sometimes it seems like the world is trying to sabotage your healthy choices (I've had cats eat my tuna sandwiches...twice!), gym equipment break, you name it.QUOTE]

LOL gotta love cats! My sister has to share with her two cats when she makes fish or opens a can of tuna. They bat at her with their paws and meow until she sees things their way.
CamiToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:43 PM   #5  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

that is the best attitude to have. everything is what you make it. when i am having a bad day weither it be from something at work to the weight loss or what ever it is i simple say "nothing can get to me unless i let it". i may have to say it more than once to make myself believe it but in the end it does work.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Good for you!! I could never make it for 40 minutes on the Elliptical! Maybe 5!
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:30 AM   #7  

SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Good going! I know it seems like "it's you against the world" some days...but remember you can do it. That is awesome you let NONE OF THAT derail you.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:18 PM   #9  

great job-

not sure how much you are into cooking, but just wanted to add a note on the gyros ( i also love them)
I make a lentil loaf flavored like gyros (rosemary is key ingredient). You can follow a regular recipe that calls for meat, just use cooked lentils instead. Or you could prob just use meat and it would still be better for you.
add all your own toppings and it is awesome much better then mystery gyro meat
Then you can have a gyro whenever you like.

just a suggestion
thisisnotatest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:06 PM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Not too long ago we were having roast for dinner....the kids were all coming over...Angie left the roast on the counter...all salt and peppered, while she went to get the roasting pan in the garage pantry....here comes Reba, golden retriever, down the stairs with it in her mouth...

so much for our planned meal right?

nah...we washed it off...cooked it...ate it...then told the kids...

As we make our journey..life gets in the way...

great job in dealing with the situation!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 07-26-2009 at 08:07 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:21 PM   #11  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Good job, girl! That is totally incredible how you stuck with it even though all those little voices were telling you to give in! I hope I can do that one day....

Congrats!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:50 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

EZ..lol..that's something I would have done!!! haha! OUr cats get into my WHEAT bread all the time. They love it. I usually throw out the really bad pieces and salvage what I can!

Last edited by jendiet; 07-26-2009 at 09:51 PM.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:53 PM   #13  
I will make time!!!

Wow, we can all learn something from you, I have. Great job, keep it up!
SnowWolf is offline   Reply With Quote