Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-25-2009, 01:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Talking My NSV!!!

Okay, today was a little frustrating for me. I have been dealing with a situation that came to a head today. Nobody died, nothing serious --just frustrating. The last thing I wanted to do was hit the treadmill. Everything in me said, 'You deserve to sit in front of the TV and chill.' Then I thought to myself, 'I will not punish my own body because I'm aggravated at someone else.'

So, I got on the treadmill and worked it hard for 30 minutes. And while I had to keep repeating that mantra to myself the entire time, I have to say I stuck it out and I'm proud of myself!

And, I didn't go to food for comfort either.

Thanks for letting me share!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:48 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Wooo!! Congrats

Last edited by Onederchic; 07-25-2009 at 01:49 AM.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:49 AM   #3  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

AWESOME!!

I had a very similar type situation the other day, and pushed myself to work out still too. It's a good feeling afterwards isn't it?
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 280.0/205.8/100.0

That sounds like two NSVs to me. You worked out when you didn't want to and you didn't eat for comfort! Way to go!
CamiToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:34 AM   #5  
Start 8/5/12

S/C/G: 205/138/130

Height: 5'4

That's so great Creation! It's so hard to push through those super tough times so I congratulate you for doing it!! Yay for you!
CandieRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Oh man. Aren't angry workouts awesome? Sometimes I wish I had more rage in me.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 227.8/226.6/150

I commend you for your will power! Way to go girl, :-)
You guys Rock!
Chunkychic, every time I want to press that STOP button on the treadmil because it feels like dying, I think of you! you started from the 300s and now, at least 20 lbs smaller than me! you inspire me to keep going, I owe my success to the likes of you all!
Well, I have a NSV to share myself. The other day I was done with 45 mins of treadmil and 45 mins of Elliptical, I stopped by the pool on my way back to the apartment. The pool is so crowded that time there are no more normal chairs available. I always dread sitting on those high chair/counter top long chairs coz I have to sort of climb in to them. But those were the only ones around, I tried and it is as easier as it can be to get in to them. Felt so good, I came running back home and shared with my ever supporting husband who is taking care of my 3.5 yr old and the 7 month old so I can go to the gym.
You are the reason I get up and go to the gym every day! Thank YOU Thank YOU and Thank YOU!
niru78 is offline   Reply With Quote