Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-25-2009, 05:34 PM   #1  
Start 8/5/12

S/C/G: 205/138/130

Height: 5'4

Default Cramps (the girly kind) while running?

This has become a big issue for me lately and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this or knows a reason for it.

When I run, I get menstrual cramps yet I'm not ON my period nor am I even close to being on it. They are REALLY painful, just like I'm on the first day of my menstrual cycle. The ones where you want to curl up into a ball and die.

I have absolutely no clue why this is happening. After slowing down to a walk and walking for about 5 minutes, they eventually just fade away, but it really puts a damper into my running.

Any info ladies?
CandieRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:15 PM   #2  
plucky clucky

S/C/G: 228/228/130 or less

Height: 5" 5'

Maybe it is because you are using ab muscles that are not normally used while walking??? That would be my guess but I am not sure.
Bravelilchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:41 PM   #3  

I wanted to let you know that this is really common, especially if you are somewhat new to running, running further or faster. This used to happen to me, no longer though, stick with it. Make sure you are really hydrated and eating enough salt. You need extra in high heat when you run to replenish your electrolytes, your body will cramp without enough. Just salt your eggs a little, don't overdue anything.
amyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Glad to see this post! I have been having the same sort of thing happen towards the end of my HIIT workouts this week. Although not as severe as yours sound, they do feel like menstral cramps. Like yours, mine fade after the jogging intervals are over and I'm doing my cool down.

Thanks amyn for the info, I'll be sure to really watch my water (I'm getting at least 64oz but maybe I need to up it) and up my salt intake--I almost never use salt and avoid lots of sodium. Perhaps that's it?

Thanks for starting this thread CandieRae! I hope your cramps subside soon!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

I hope they really are not menstrual type cramps because if they are..it could signal that you may have a little endometriosis. I know there is a pain some get called a "stitch" I used to get that very badly when I was younger.

is the pain deep in your pelvis? it may be your ligaments and NOT have anything to do with your ladyparts.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote