Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-23-2009, 09:27 AM   #1  
Yay!

S/C/G: 252/seeticker/195

Height: 1,83/ 6

Default My Little Introduction

Hi Everyone! I am Zofia and I am from Canada

here's my statement (which I will come back read everyday to remind myself why I do this hahah)

I am currently 240 and 6 feet tall. I personnally think I am beautiful and I certainly do not want to lose weight to be skinny.

I need to loose 40 pounds to be healthier. There is a lot of heart disease, ad cholestorol and breast cancer in my family. My mom just got diagnosed with breast cancer and one of the cause is believed to be your diet (meaning what you eat not dieting)

So I read about being healthy in books and I went to see my doctor. Although he says I should be 175 for a healthy weight according to BMI, I dont think so. I believe that chart to not take in consideration HUGE factors such as your muscles, your boobs (some has bigger than others) and your bones.
after discussing this with him we agreed 200 pounds for my height and my mass is healthy.

So there is my goal

The diet I am using is Sonoma because I read about a lot of diets out there and that one is the only one that makes sense to me. I do not believe in purging and not eating things I like. Removing carbs from a diet does not make sense to me nor is removing all fats. I love vegetables and fruits and never had trouble with them so this diet should be perfect. My mom tried sonoma last year and lost 20 pounds and is still maintaining her weight. I have tried weight watchers and after suffering for 3 months (although I did try the 80S weight watcher. HARD) I gain it all back during university and do not wish to go down that path again.

I now have a steady job and life in general so I believe its time for me to be healthy!!!

of course im including exercising every second day for 40 mins of cardio I will include weights later down the road.

My plan:

Be 210 by September 30. If I achieve that, I can achieve my goal of 200 by end of october. Otherwise, I will recalculate and maybe be on the diet for an extra month.

I started the diet monday, easy as a pie over the week. Never had trouble.. my nightmare is weekends.... Im scared. I need all the willpower in the world to go through the first weekend. After that I should be alright... right>? LOL

Thankx for reading, Im chatty :P
Zofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome, Zofia! It sounds like you have set a very realistic goal, which is a great start. If you've made the whole week with no problems, you'll be fine over the weekend. Just stay on track. A weekend day is just another day... Just remember what you're working towards!
Shipaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:35 AM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Zofia and welcome to 3FC!

You seem to have a great plan, which is a great start. Always remember why you are doing this and that only you can control if you succeed.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/162/135

Height: 5'8

Good Morning Zofia...I actually just came across this web site and joined today as well. Congrats on taking the first step...By the looks of it there is a lot of support and caring people here!

Good Luck throughout your journey!
chevygurl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:52 AM   #5  
Yay!

OMG Michelle! WOW nice picture! That is SO awesome!!

Thank you for the welcomes ladies! I appreciate it!

You know whats funny, some people suggested to me that I come on a online support group or forums. I am a gamer and im already really used to forum life but I always stopped myself from support groups... Like I had no faith in them or something..

But now WOW I am so happy. I read some of the success stories and I find people I can relate to. You guys are so nice too! Such a boost. I think this time its gonna work and stay really. This support is amazing!

Yay!

Chevygurl: and seriously, often thats all you need, nive people to encourage you so you keep going. We all have bad diet days, but if you have the mental support, you can go through!

Last edited by Zofia; 07-23-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:00 AM   #6  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zofia View Post
OMG Michelle! WOW nice picture! That is SO awesome!!

Thank you for the welcomes ladies! I appreciate it!

You know whats funny, some people suggested to me that I come on a online support group or forums. I am a gamer and im already really used to forum life but I always stopped myself from support groups... Like I had no faith in them or something..

But now WOW I am so happy. I read some of the success stories and I find people I can relate to. You guys are so nice too! Such a boost. I think this time its gonna work and stay really. This support is amazing!

Yay!

Chevygurl: and seriously, often thats all you need, nive people to encourage you so you keep going. We all have bad diet days, but if you have the mental support, you can go through!

Thank you so much!!

You are right, this here is the best site for support, motivation, advice and tips. I wish you all the best with your journey
Old 07-24-2009, 03:34 AM   #7  

Welcome Zofia!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:42 AM   #8  
Yay!

Thankx ^^

I cant wait until I can put a signature like yours guys Its so pretty!!!

So today I weight myself. I know im not suposed to before 10 days but I was just curious...

SO I was 239 starting. this morning 236! 3 pounds in 4 days (4 first days) Thats great!!! If i loose 6-7 pounds the first 10 days ill be happy and afterthat 2 pounds a week ish.

YAY!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 09:51 AM   #9  
Resident Pixie

Congrats Zofia!!
Old 07-24-2009, 12:58 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zofia View Post
Thankx ^^

I cant wait until I can put a signature like yours guys Its so pretty!!!

So today I weight myself. I know im not suposed to before 10 days but I was just curious...

SO I was 239 starting. this morning 236! 3 pounds in 4 days (4 first days) Thats great!!! If i loose 6-7 pounds the first 10 days ill be happy and afterthat 2 pounds a week ish.

YAY!!!
Thanks!

Congrats on the first 3 lbs.!!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:57 AM   #11  
Yay!

I know this should be in the mini goal section but I thought I could reply to this thread.

Reading this which I wrote almost one year ago I realized that my original goal was 200 which I am only 3 pounds away from!

I did not reach any of my mini goal.. I took longer to loose the weight and since March i havent been dieting.. but i didnt gain one pound which means im maintaining and im almost there!

Around december I decided to make my goal 190... Im still 13 pounds away from it but now looking back.. WOW im almost there O_O

Last edited by Zofia; 05-17-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:09 PM   #12  
Resident Pixie

Awesome!!