Old 07-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #1  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Default Chicken overload

I've passed the point of no return with chicken. If I never see another chicken breast, it'll be too soon. I was eating my dinner tonight and mid-bite it happened. I couldn't chew it another second and started to gag. No more bird for me.

What do you all eat for dinner that is chicken free?
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:08 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I'm a big fan of other lean meats...pork tenderloins and center cut chops, extra super lean ground beef (I buy 4% fat), ground turkey breast, even very lean cuts of beef or smaller portions of higher-fat beef.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:13 PM   #3  

Height: 4'11"

we mostly eat ground turkey-- it can be fixed a lot of different ways.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:21 PM   #4  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I got like that with chicken every so often.

Now i"m attempting being veggie. I eat a lot of black bean based things. Black bean sloppy joes and black bean chili, naked burritos, or tofu, or zucchini, like zuchini lasagna, etc.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

shrimp
grass-fed beef
fish
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 156/142/120

Height: 5'4"

VEGGIES!! i love a tomato chickpea and feta salad for dinner. Or you could try fish every once in a while?
SugarHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:30 PM   #7  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Salmon burgers! They're super easy to make yourself, but you can also find them pre-made in the freezer section. Yum!
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:48 PM   #8  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Lean ground beef, turkey, pork
Shrimp, scallops, salmon
vegetarian dishes
eggs (or is that too much like chicken? )

Maybe you need to lay off chicken for awhile and then come back to it with some new recipes that you've never tried before.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:52 PM   #9  

I personally can't stand chicken. That bird just rubs me the wrong way! I eat mostly vegetarian, but chicken is really the only thing I exclude (out of preference)

Lentils-can be made anyway you prepare meat. I stir fry everything-Eggplant and mushrooms are good additions for texture, but add the lentils and some quinoa for protien/iron, etc.
I love Amy's california burgers (soy free). Try an omelete or a fritata can be prepared in endless ways. Falafels are easy to make from scratch and you can make tons as they freeze well. I also love quesadilla's with avocado,tons of raw kale, (I throw some salmon in if I have it) tiny bit of cheese-enough so it sticks. Trader joes has awesome habanero lime tortilla's.
Soups/stews (although not so much in the summer)
thisisnotatest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:54 PM   #10  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

yes what they all said! I have to have variety
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:57 PM   #11  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I eat a lot of beef, turkey, eggs and pork. I usually only have chicken 1 or 2 times a week.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:55 PM   #12  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Awww, I will suck here because I love chicken and usually have it every night
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:16 PM   #13  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

We have chicken a couple times a week but I try to vary it up flavor-wise so it doesn't get too repetitive. Here's what we had for supper this week:

Monday - Crab Cakes and Green Beans
Tuesday - Fat Free Hotdogs and Salad
Wednesday - Grilled Pork Loin Chops and Roasted Veggies
Thursday - Broiled MahiMahi and Stirfry Veggies
Friday - Buffalo Chicken (Hungry Girl recipe) and Baked Potato

Basically, we rarely eat red meat now and vary the other proteins between fish, pork and chicken. I also use ground turkey sometimes.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:52 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

My meats are on a seven day rotation because of food intolerances. I have chicken, cornish hen, turkey, beef, pork, buffalo and fish. I variety the cut of meat some weeks, grilled chicken breast, whole roasted chicken, roasted hen (because that's the only thing I know to do with it), baked chicken, turkey legs, ground turkey marinara with spaghetti squash, ground turkey with peppers and onions, ground turkey taco mix, baked turkey breast, beef steak stir-fry (my favorite meal), beef roast, steak, pork roast, grilled pork chops, buffalo roast, buffalo burgers w/carmalized onions, buffalo burger patties made with onions and black beans (taste like meatloaf), grilled fish, baked fish. If I don't have some variety, I'm not going to stick to my plan. I know some of my meals may have a higher fat contant than you are looking for, or compared to chicken, but it works for me. I'm still loosing weight on a regular basis and I don't get tired of my food.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:54 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

My meats are on a seven day rotation because of food intolerances. I have chicken, cornish hen, turkey, beef, pork, buffalo and fish. I variety the cut of meat some weeks, grilled chicken breast, whole roasted chicken, roasted hen (because that's the only thing I know to do with it), baked chicken, turkey legs, ground turkey marinara with spaghetti squash, ground turkey with peppers and onions, ground turkey taco mix, baked turkey breast, beef steak stir-fry (my favorite meal), beef roast, steak, pork roast, grilled pork chops, buffalo roast, buffalo burgers w/caramelized onions, buffalo burger patties made with onions and black beans (taste like meatloaf), grilled fish, baked fish. If I don't have some variety, I'm not going to stick to my plan. I know some of my meals may have a higher fat content than you are looking for, or compared to chicken, but it works for me. I'm still loosing weight on a regular basis and I don't get tired of my food.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote