Don't Give Up
Join Date: Jul 2009
First name (if you want to tell): Kat
Meaning of user name: It fits my personality.
Geographical location: Hot Arizona!
Marital Status: Happily married.
Children/Ages: None yet…I want to wait until I’ve reached my goal weight & go to Hawaii.
Occupation: Data Administrator for a health company.
Pets: None now unless you count my Gardenia Bonsai.
Hobbies/Interests: Writing novels, writing children’s stories, drawing, painting, crafts, hiking, swimming, art, photography, singing, dancing, Wii/video games, poetry, boxing, cooking, shopping, camping, fishing, sewing, fine dinning, and more.
Eye/Hair Color: Green/Light Brown
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: November 2006
Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 235/176.5/140
Problem: Was a binge eater in my teens & for a short while in my twenties. (Not that I was always overweight). Back then there were times that I ate to make myself feel better or to deal with stress. Sometimes I would be hungry sometimes not. Now I know I have a healthier relationship with food and I no longer binge. I do still love food and I still love to go out to fancy restaurants and eat.
My biggest problem now is I can eat too many sweets at times. I’m so bad! Tsk…tsk…
Plan/Way of Eating: Calorie counting, exercising 4-6 times a week, eating healthy, taking vitamins, and getting enough sleep.
Favorite exercise: There are so many! Swimming, hiking, aerobics, Wii Fit, EA Sports, Yoga, Pilates, biking, walking, and boxing are my favorites.
Favorite movies: Star Wars, Casablanca, Wizard of Oz, It’s a Wonderful Life, Life is Beautiful, The Maltese Falcon, The Matrix, 7 Year Itch, The Big Sleep, Bringing Up Baby, Sabrina, What the Bleep do we Know, To Have and To Have Not, All About Eve, Top Hat, American Beauty, Edward Scissorhands, Pride & Prejudice, Indiana Jones (1&3), To catch a thief, Sandlot, Dune, Sleeping Beauty, Waterboy, Somethings Gotta Give, Cinderella, Stardust, Coraline, Ratatouille, Pixar’s UP, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Lord of the Rings, Funny Face, Godfather, Alice in Wonderland, Ailens, 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, American Graffiti, Happy Gilmore, Big Fish, 50 First Dates, What Women Want, Splash, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Rain Man, The Christmas Carol, The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951 version), Finding Nemo, Sound of Music, Marry Poppins, How Green was my Valley, Singing in the Rain, Much to do about Nothing, My Fair Lady, Some like it Hot, Beauty and the Beast, Nightmare before Christmas, Ben-Hur, Monstes Inc., Charade, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, ET, and Pinocchio to name a few.
Also, ones to note that I enjoyed but wouldn’t call favs is Brazil, Blade Runner, Sweet Smell of Success, The Grapes of Wraith, Swing Time, Chinatown, The Quiet Man, Lawrence of Arabia, Meet me in St. Louis, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Rebel without a Cause, Adaptation, Shane, Back to the Future, Beetlejuice, Clueless, Legally Blond, and a bunch more I’m forgetting. Plus, there are still many movies I haven’t seen!!!
Favorite books/plays: Old man and the Sea, Animal Farm, Black Beauty, The Count of Monte Cristo, Little Women, Island of Blue Dolphins, The Secret Garden, Harry Potter, Wind in the Willows, Hamlet, Wicked (the play), Phantom of the Opera, anything by Beatrix Potter, A Princess of Mars, The Hobbit, Dune, To Kill a Mockingbird, A time to Kill, Charlotte’s Web, Icewind Dale Triology, A Farwell to Arms, Sandman comics, Superman for all Seasons, Sin City, and a bunch of others but I think my movie list was long enough so I’ll stop here on the books. Oh and I’m dying to read 1984 by George Orwell and a Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. I need to get on that!
Music: Jazz…believe it not I’m in a serious Jazz faze right now. Coldplay, U2, Led Zepplin, Cars, Nirvana, Fiest, Depeche Mode, Aerosmith, Elvis, Dixie Chicks, Garth Brooks, Beethoven, Chopin, Jimi Hendrix, Foo Fighters, The Doors, Norah Jones, Black Sabbath, Johnny Cash (cause my Grams use to listen to him), No Doubt, The Killers, Tool, and Rage Against the Machine. This is just some of the music I like.
Favorite Quote(s): “Imagination is more important than knowledge.” Albert Einstein
Favorite People (dead and living): My Grandma, Mom, and husband, Audrey Hepburn, John Adams, Marlon Brando, and Albert Einstein. To name a few.
People I can’t stand: The nosy guy that sits next to me at work, Paris Hilton, that crazy Spencer kid from the Hills or whatever…eh…scary, Tom Cruise is annoying and crazy, and mean people in general.
Places you’ve been: Every state in the west, Missouri, and Mexico.
Places you want to visit: Hawaii, Paris, Europe, Italy, Egypt, Mayan Cities, New York, Spain, and Machu Picchu to name a few.
Pivot’s questions (don’t think too long, answer as fast as you can)
01. What is your favorite word? Nuggets! Te he! You asked!
02. What is your least favorite word? No. It can be an irritating word.
03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Being out in nature is the number one way but also going to museums.
04. What turns you off? Apathy
05. What is your favorite curse word? Nuggets! Seriously this word is great for everything! And you can say it around kids & get away with it. …Don’t judge me.
06. What sound or noise do you love? Soft chimes.
07. What sound or noise do you hate? Screeching sounds or…nails on a chalk board.
08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I want to publish my books I’ve written & make movies out of them. Be a science teacher for kids in 7th or 8th grade. Then later be a hot older professor at some University and teach Molecular Bioscience or Biology or something like that.
09. What profession would you not like to do? Telemarketing.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Whatever God wishes to say.
11. What is your favorite color? Green
12. What are your favorite foods? And why are they your favorite or give some description about them.
- Pizza! I love fancy pizza. Some of my favorite places are in Phoenix. I love Pizzeria Bianco. It’s a world famous pizzeria. The chef studied in Italy and is truly a rare talent! Mmmmm….
- Chocolate. I love snacking on dark chocolate chips. They are full of antioxidants. Plus, for 13-15 chocolate chips its 70 calories and 9 carbs.
- Stuffed shells from Buca Di Beppo. Spicy sausage…need I say more.
- Fruit! Strawberries, peaches, bananas, cherries, kiwi, mango, star fruit, papaya, watermelon, avocados, and so many others! Yum!
- Veggies. Cucumber, carrots, broccoli, zucchini, squash, & potatoes!
- Nuts like almond, macadamia nut, walnut, are all full of Omega 3. Mmmm…
- Salsa! Home made chunky salsa with a good amount of cilantro, garlic, and sweet tomatoes. It is so healthy and such a great snack!
- Home made flautas with guacamole and pico de gallo.
Any other tidbits you would like to share: Nope. I think between the food and the movies I’ve written quite enough! If you read all of what I wrote then you are totally
1). Weigh 175 on July 25th
2). Weigh 169.9 on August 29th.
3). August 29th Hike Mt. Timp to the top!