Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 07-02-2009, 12:40 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Summer Barbecue Recipes

What are everyone's favorite recipes for summer cookouts and bbqs? We normally have the usual hamburgers, chicken or fish on the grill but I'm looking for some new ideas. There are some great recipes in this month's Fitness Magazine that I want to try: Hot off the Grill: Healthy Recipes for a Summer Barbecue. Has anyone tried any of these? The Soy Lime Scallops with Leeks sound so good!
blueberry3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:37 PM   #2  
it's always something

Thanks! The Grilled Vegetables with Romesco Sauce sounds delicious
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #3  

I know! They do sound tasty and the picture looks amazing! I hope it looks that good when I try to make it. I was also looking at the Spicy Fish Kebabs.... it sounds like I have a lot of meals planned for the next few weeks
Old 07-04-2009, 04:31 PM   #4  
sugar is the devil

I want to make kebobs with beef or chicken... but with grilled pineapple on it. Never done this before. Any good recipes out there for this (and other grilled fruits with meat (like peaches or something...)???
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:11 PM   #5  

Sweet scrumptious- you can add the pineapple chunks to any kebab. A teriyaki one would probably be good. Just skewer your chicken or meat alternating with maybe onion chunks, pepper chunks, and pineapple. Brush with a lower sugar/fat prepared teriyaki sauce and grill.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:39 PM   #6  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

my favorite thing for the grill is zucchini and summer squash chopped up with onions and garlic, tossed with a bit of olive oil and seasonings - in a foil packet on the grill. also love doing grilled asparagus! tossed with olive oil and some good salt- or marinated for a while in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. yum!

we make buffalo burgers a lot, since its leaner then regular beef and tastes sooo much better. i mix my meat with some finely chopped onion or shallot, garlic, a splash of Worcester sauce and salt & pepper and grill.

also good is grilled peaches or nectarines- just halves and grilled up. yum. also good with balsamic on them.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:27 PM   #7  

I loved grilled shrimp! We also grill vegetables on the grill - peppers, corn, you name it! A little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and it is delicious. To finish it off, we have some grilled pineapple - no need to add anything, it is just unbelievably delicious!
healthymom01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:52 PM   #8  

These meals sound so good and it's all making me very hungry! I also love grilled shrimp- we make a lot of grilled shrimp caesar salads in the summer months. And I don't think there is a single veggie that doesn't taste better grilled. Has anyone tried the recipes from Fitness? I got fish tonight from the grocery store to try the Spicy Fish Kebabs. I'll let you know know how they turn out!
Old 07-23-2009, 11:28 AM   #9  

I saw the recipe for the Spicy Fish Kebabs - would LOVE to hear how they turn out.
healthymom01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:38 AM   #10  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 194/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

my oven is broken
so I either have to cook on the stovetop or on the grill..usually the grill.
I need some good healthy BBQ recipes!!
MsDiana 08 is offline   Reply With Quote