Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 07-23-2009, 11:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 231/226/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Donuts?!

Oh, how I want a sweet, yummy, delectable donut.

Chocolate cake glazed
Peanut butter cream filled
Or sooo many different Entenmann's varieties! Yuuuummmmm...

But I can't. But then the scale would yell at me. And my thighs would go on strike. And my fat butt would get in a fight with chairs.

It's not fair!! I just want a donut!!

What are you craving today??
PatientlyWeighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:17 AM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

I've been craving cheesy greasy pizza. Not happening!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:25 AM   #3  

Pizza does sound delicious right now. Mm, large pizza and a dozen donuts. At least a girl can dream.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:28 AM   #4  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

mmmm I wish I could find a good substitute for donuts that wouldn't blow my day. I was craving pizza the other day too! I found some little thin and crispy personal pizza crusts at the store. A little sauce, a little cheese, and loaded up with veggies... hit the spot and didn't blow my calorie budget out of the water .

I've been craving cake lately... lol I used to eat those little WW 100 calorie pack cakes but they just made me want MORE so I have to avoid it now . *sigh* only on birthdays!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:37 AM   #5  
Wii would like to play.

S/C/G: 235/206/190

Height: 5' 7"

"Mmmmm, Donuts."

When you drive home from work at 6 am, passing all the shoppes with neon "Fresh Donuts" blinking in the window, there is a daily battle to not stop and grab a dozen "for the kids."

Still, as far as out right desire goes... I gotta go with pizza, too.
Or rather, Three cheese bread with marinara to dip it in.
SlimmingDownSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:41 AM   #6  
Wii would like to play.

S/C/G: 235/206/190

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
I've been craving cake lately... so I have to avoid it now . *sigh* only on birthdays!
Good news is, it is always SOMEBODY's birthday!!!!
SlimmingDownSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:15 PM   #7  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
I used to eat those little WW 100 calorie pack cakes but they just made me want MORE so I have to avoid it now . *sigh* only on birthdays!
having those just make me want more, also!

PatientlyWeighting, it is VERY hard but just try to not even think about donuts. If you did cave and have some, you would probably feel terrible afterwards. Both physically and mentally. Just hang in there, gf!

Last edited by VermontMom; 07-23-2009 at 12:16 PM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:31 PM   #8  

I know! I'm fighting the urge! But it's soo hard. Boo! Haha. I'll keep it up. Great job though everyone. I'm reading your tickers and thinking, "amazing!!" You are all well on your way to your goals if not already there. Let's just keep daydreaming about our cravings and not actually giving in to them.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #9  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Oh Im so starving for lunch right now.........I crave peanut butter and lately the bread section at the grocery store has this sweet smelling awsome goodness smell that calls me. I turned right around from that section and headed elsewhere yesterday. Plus I made my family a chocolate cake over the weekend and Ive had to smell it all frigging week. It smells heavenly and sweet and luscious!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #10  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I moved from Boston to LA, and luckily for me most of my hard core cravings are things that I can't get out here...

a good steak and cheese, barroom pizza, greasy chinese food, and Devil Dogs

None of which can I get when the craving strikes. (at least not the kind of food that I'm craving, and the stuff out here is a poor substitute, so easier to resist the urge) Unfortunately this does make trips home almost impossible, as the entire visit usually revolves around eating. But hopefully, by my next visit I'll be in a better mindset about my eating habits and not "splurge" quite so much.

I've never been a big fan of doughnuts, but a nice marble cruller does sound tasty right now.
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:48 PM   #11  

Oh, you're killing me Lissus!! I'm a Philly girl and I am ready to make that 20 minute pilgrimage to Geno's for a real Philly Cheese Steak!!! And Devil Dogs? I haven't had one of those in years. Another food that would rock my socks right now. The foods I used to take for granted.. :Sigh:
Old 07-23-2009, 09:39 PM   #12  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Have you tried Holey Donuts? I have 2 boxes in my freezer right now My favorite is the glazed, which sets me back about 150 calories. It's a pretty good substitute for "the real thing."

Last edited by Ija; 07-23-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:57 PM   #13  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientlyWeighting View Post
Oh, you're killing me Lissus!! I'm a Philly girl and I am ready to make that 20 minute pilgrimage to Geno's for a real Philly Cheese Steak!!! And Devil Dogs? I haven't had one of those in years. Another food that would rock my socks right now. The foods I used to take for granted.. :Sigh:
Ok.. now you're killing me. I know they make a good steak n' cheese in Boston, but an authentic Philly? Hold me back!!

I used to have my parents ship me Devil Dogs and Marshmallow Fluff when I first moved out here. Now I just bug them for Ah-So sauce once in a while. (DAMN good on chicken and pork)

I think I'd be having a much harder time dieting back home. There's too many foods that I absolutely love. And Dunkin Donuts was never very kind on my waistline either.
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:14 AM   #14  

Drina, I just looked at your pics. Incredible! Congrats! I'll have to look into those Holy Donuts. If you can eat those and look like that? I'm sold. And Lissus, Fluff and peanut butter sandwich? Nom nom nom..
Old 07-24-2009, 09:58 PM   #15  

I'm craving a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. It's legal on Phase 2 of South Beach but I'm trying to abstain for a while.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote