Old 11-07-2002, 12:26 PM   #1  

Default Oprah show. Woman lost 300lbs

Did anyone see the Oprah show yesterday? A lady named Samantha said she lost 300lbs in less than a year. I am wanting details, cant find them, do you know?

She did say she was a sugar adict, gave it up. She also said she went to meetings(OA?), she weighed and measured food, she did not excersize.

Does anyone know anything about this?
Old 11-07-2002, 12:32 PM   #2  

I saw this. I actually taped "after the show" but have yet to watch it. It just seems a little unrealistic to me that you could lose 300 lbs. in a year or a year and a half without having weight loss surgery. Not trying to take away from her accomplishment (which is tremendous), but I need more information. I hope I'll get it from "after the show."
Old 11-07-2002, 12:37 PM   #3  
Domestic Goddess

What? That's almost 6 pounds a week. We dont get local channels we have a dish. Well, should say that we do have local channels but I dont play with the attena . I did however play with it last night so I could see the Country Music Awards. Had a good look at the cutie Kenny Chesney!! He's a cute little bugger!
Old 11-07-2002, 12:41 PM   #4  

I saw part of after the show on Oxygen this morning. Looks like a low carb diet. It was pretty amazing, but while I was watching it, I was wondering about her skin. It doesn't look like she lost 300 lbs., unless she had a lot of surgery or she can cover it up real well. It will be on again later, so I'll watch the whole thing again. It looked like Oprah believed it, so maybe it is true.
Old 11-07-2002, 03:29 PM   #5  

She sounds pretty legitimate to me--sounds like Atkins if you ask me!
Old 11-07-2002, 04:06 PM   #6  

I saw the "after show" not much detail about what she actually did though....I want details! They had a before picture of her, she was big, and Oprah seems to know her, so I believe it. I just want to know how. On Oprahs web site the board mentions OA. I dont know if thats the meeting she was referring to though. Does sound like low carb. I want to know how many carbs, what program, how many calories......I want details!!
If you find them let me know
Old 11-07-2002, 06:35 PM   #7  

have been reading the Oprah boards. I have been told that Samantha (lady who lost 300lbs) most likely belonged to one of the anonymous groups, 2 of which have food programs that result in significant fast weight loss: This first one I am interested in, it looks low carb and makes sense. www.foodaddictsanonymous.org www.Ceahow.org

Thought I would share what I found out. Still not total detail I know.
Old 11-08-2002, 02:22 AM   #8  

Thanks for sharing that, I'm going to go check that website out now.