Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-22-2009, 10:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Default ever get mad with being sick?

This is just a rant...

I haven't been able to do my exercise properly lately...

I had a cyst removed from in-between my shoulderblades over 2 weeks ago (nothing serious), so I was forced to miss a week of weight training as a result before the stitches could be removed.

Then after the first day I could get back into weight training, that weekend I unexpectedly had to run an errand requiring me to lift heavy objects, which of course sent my upper body into "overtraining" soreness so I had to take this past monday off again from weight training but was ready to get started today (wednesday).

On tuesday (yesterday), after working out, I met with my trainer and got all excited in getting my bodybugg set up.

Then since 3am this morning, I've had a serious case of diarrhea (sorry for being gross), which has left me feeling dizzy since (and a bit nauseous at times). It's the first day wearing my bodybugg... and it's the first time being sick that I ended up sleeping instead of going to the gym since I joined back in mid-march.

The determined streak in me is somewhat pissed I'm missing a gym workout in its entirety since I don't like giving myself excuses for not exercising or cop out on a workout in its entirety without giving it my best shot for the day.

Overall, I also feel irritated that I haven't been able to be consistent on working out lately.

And also that I just spent money getting a bodybugg & setting it up, and the first day I'm wearing it, I don't go to the gym and get to see how many calories I burn throughout the day due to being sick! AUGH!

Don't ya just hate those days? lol.

~ tea
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:44 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yes, it frustrates me. To no end.

Then I try to think of it as my body's way of saying "Hey...too fast, slow down a bit". It's hard for me to honor that, but I do try to think of it that way.

Feel better soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:56 PM   #3  

Height: 5'11"

Tea, I can totally relate to your frustration. For over a month now I have struggled with asthma that is basically really, really difficult to control. I'm on three separate medications and still having enough trouble that I'm afraid many (most?) nights to go out on my walk. When I do go, I have to carry an inhaler and my cell phone with me in case I get into trouble. Forget C25k; I had to abandon that temporarily.

But as Mandalinn says, it can sometimes be our body's way of telling us to slow down and take care. We need to listen to our body! Today I did some research and found that stress can exacerbate asthma, so I need to focus on de-stressing somehow--tough to do when you're afraid to exercise!

So hang in there, my fellow sickie--we will figure this out and be back on the mend soon.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote