Old 07-22-2009, 08:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Cool 30 Something's Daily Chat: Wed 07/22

Happy hump day ladies!

I'm telling you...we just CAN'T seem to get some consistently nice weather up here! GOOD GAWD!
It's supposed to rain all day! Well BOO to that!

Had a pretty good night last night...we only lost the game by one point (17/16). Our entire team played hard last night...it was great!

Afterwards I had a 6" sub for dinner...I ate late (8pm) but I just can't eat too much before a game, it makes me feel sick as I'm running the bases...

I'm slowly starting to get on the healthy choices train...
I need to cut out the pop again...I've been "talking" about it...just haven't "done" it yet!

I also didn't get to study at all last night...I was exhausted. I have to cramarama today at work and tonight after our double header - 2 games tonight!
Look out exercise...here I come!

How's everyone doing?
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:28 AM   #2  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

wifey - good job on making a responsible choice for dinner that late at night. I tend to fall down when I have to eat that late.

Today is looking like a better day already! Our baby slept from 9pm til about 4 this morning, so I got some sleep last night.. I plan to load up the kids and go down the trail for a couple of miles after their nap today. There's a nice park this side of the trail that I bribe them with for on the way back.

I have some fresh caught Nebraska Catfish to make for dinner tonight. I looked up a recipe on AllRecipes that looks good. I've never cooked much fish - don't even know what to serve with it! Chips (fries)?? Okay, maybe not!

Hope you all have a beautiful Hump Day!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:53 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

M, I don't eat fish, but what about some brown rice? Yeah on sleeping through the night!!

W, funny you mention giving up soda. I am not a big soda drinker - ginger ale when I'm sick or whatever, but I had a Diet Coke w/Lime the other day at work and man was it yum!!

Gotta run, checking in from work! Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Yesterday was absolutely amazing! My hubby rearranged his schedule and took the day off so that I could go on a hike with a group of ladies (most were from my work). We hiked Mt. Lassen which is located in Nor California and it was so beautiful. It took us 5.5 hours and it was hard, but so worth it. Coming down was actually more difficult than going up. My ankles were throbbing and my legs felt like wet noodles, but I feel pretty good this morning. It wasn't too hot and the group of women who went were absolutely amazing. One of the women was 76 years old and she was so inspiring.

Also there is a 10k on August 9th and I have been wanting to do it, but have't committed to signing up yet. I don't know what is holding me back. I haven't actually been able to run 6.2 miles yet (the farthest I've gone is 5) and it is blazing hot where I live so I am scared.

mortonpixie - Congrats on the sleep. I know it makes a world of difference in your day when you are well rested.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:21 PM   #5  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

RileyOzzy - sign up for that race! I ran the Half last year and when you train for that the furthest I ran was 11 miles in training. Your adrenaline will take you the rest of the way. I love running road races - it's a truly awesome experience. There were 6000 runners at the Marathon, it was breathtaking!

I hear ya about being out doors - I can't hardly imagine doing my miles on the treadmill now that I've gotten out side a few times! Glad you got some "you" time.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:06 PM   #6  

Sounds like you are all doing well today!

I hope your cram session goes well Wifey, I remember those days! LOL!

That hike sounds awesome Rileyozzy.

And good for you Morton Pixie for finding a way to exercise EVEN THOUGH you've got little ones to deal with. We all have obstacles but succeeders find the work around solutions.

Lauren- you must be the most consistent person here! Everyday, rain or shine, gain or lose.

I'm slowly getting better. It's no small thing to get the lungs cleared out after the Swine Flu thing (or whatever it is!) I'm not even going to think about working out again until next Monday. It will all depend on how I feel then though- may or may not be back to full power.

My weight went up a little today which I expected. Weight lost due to being sick isn't a 'real' loss- though I only bounced back up about 1 lb. from where I was so not bad. I'm trying to get back up to speed slowly.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Well, even though many teachers in the grad program brought muffins, breads, donuts and bagels to share...I have managed to walk past them and avoid them for the past three days. I just know if I stick to it, I will lose that insane feeling where I must have a donut.

How many of you give into your urges? How many of you go by the theory that you must give in once and a while in order to succeed? I do believe you need to give in every once and a while but i am hoping to just go a little longer so that I can get to the place where I can eat 1/2 a donut and not three!

Have any of you done the Wii Fit? I am beginning to really love it...just hard to always fit in. The yoga moves are nice and I love the boxing and rhythm steps!
Well, keep at it and take care!
McMama22 is offline   Reply With Quote