Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-22-2009, 06:59 AM   #1  
Kimberley

S/C/G: 23st 6lbs

Height: 5ft 11

Default Hardest part of the day?

I am at home all day most days (because i am at university so i am off now untill september) and i find this part of the day quite easy to cope with, although i dont really do much - other than clean and cook the dinner the rest of my day i spend on the laptop or watching tv or playing with my animals (i am an animal nut and to date i have 13 pets lol) - i dont find it particularly hard not to eat junk food i can go by just eating me breakfast and lunch however my problem comes after dinner when i have washed up and sit down with my cup of coffee, i find it extremely hard not to eat biscuits or something with my coffee and i spend most of the night from around 7 till i go to bed trying to talk myself into not eating stuff (which i know sounds awful but its the truth) and i really dont know how to solve it so i was just wondering when you guys worst time of the day was and how you go about making sure you dont fall off the wagon? xx
kimberleyanddarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:01 AM   #2  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

You might have to give up your evening coffee if it is triggering a biscut craving. I would also suggest getting out and doing something...anything. Offer to mow the lawn for the little old lady across the street, go to the mall, go watch a little league ball game. Get out and be around people. Animals are great, but they can't talk back when you need them too...
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/135/119

Well im the same as you, evenings are my worst time (im also an animal nut).
When i lost weight initialy following weight watchers it actually allowed me to eat in the evening, becasue id save all my points (calories) for the evenings, though i have a feeling I wouldve lost weight quicker if Id not had so much food in the evenings as alot of dieting advice doesnt recommended eating in the evening due to the facts its the day you need to the energy for.
But the point is, it can be done, i lost over 2 stone in about 5 months, and thats quite alot considering i wasn't too overweight to start with.

The funny thing is that even though you seem so hungry in the evening you will go to bed and then wake up with no appetite, its just proves its all in your head really, and the best way to stop it is to find something else to do, break your usual habit, I think i saw once on Trisha that she lost weight by hand sewing a patchwork quilt, maybe a new hobby would help?. I also found that just logging on to the forums could help as it gave me something to do and kept me focused, especialy reading people success stories!
cosmogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:13 AM   #4  
Kitten steps to fitness

S/C/G: 208.5/?/148

Height: 5' 6"

I am the exact same way, I am hungry (or as I call it, "snacky") in the evenings. I have those sugar-free jello cups in the fridge and usually have one every evening. I used to have the 100-calorie microwave popcorn, for the really bad cravings, but I don't really like micro popcorn. I also like to have a cup of tea, it seems to help too.
Pas de Chaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:19 AM   #5  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I'm snacky in the evenings too. it's the time we wind down, watch tv (lots of food ads!). I plan a yogurt and glass of milk snack for 7:30 or 8. Sometimes doing exercise and/or drinking water helps me. exercise in the evening doesn't keep me awake, and can get rid of my "hunger" pangs. ditto drinking water.

I have had it where bf and I will end up eating cheese and crackers, it's not a deal breaker, but a deal slower downer. what I've been doing lately to stop this is to tell myself I only need to worry about getting through the next hour and what will I do in that time (bec it's not a big hunger, it's more like a mental snacky craving). Then when that hour is done, the next. Then it's time for bed.

Hope that helps.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Snack time hits me anywhere between 3-7!

I have heard working out during that time helps. I don't know--haven't tried it! I try to remind myself to choose healthier snacks with lower calories. I cannot tell you though how many times I have eaten all my calories before dinner!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:51 AM   #7  
Kimberley

i also find it gets worse lately because my boyfriend now works till 6pm so by the time we get home and have dinner and clean up its late, yet i still want something! i may have to start not having my coffee or switching it for green tea or something, thanks for the ideas!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:58 AM   #8  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

My worst time seems to be very broad..between 4-midnight. I constantly feel hungry and am thinking about food but as Lori Bell suggested, I do find other things to occupy myself with because that food is so totally not worth it
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:11 AM   #9  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

for me the toughest time is 4 pm until dinner.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:59 AM   #10  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

All of you ladies who have found ways to combat night eating have such props from me.

This thread came at exactly the right time when I have just spun out of control at night lately. That is the toughest time of day for me too. I wish it would just go away but it feels like vigilance, even when I am successful, will be required for the rest of my life. And that feels overwhelming.

But kudos to all who have found a way to cope.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:22 AM   #11  
pudding558

Talking

I have a horrible time not eating constantly after about 7 pm. I was doing so good yesterday until my boyfriend made enchiladas and bought DORITOS!! AAHH! I hadn't had doritos in months. I usually save my calories so I can have a good dinner. I think I need to shift my calories to daytime and leave less for dinner. Maybe that will help with my tendencies. I will be back on here tonight to distract me!
Old 07-22-2009, 11:46 AM   #12  
Kimberley

i know alot of people who eat dinner at lunchtime and then eat lunch at dinner time, i have never tried it myself but they said it really stops them craving, whatever works for them i guess but i cant see it helping me much
Old 07-22-2009, 11:52 AM   #13  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Night time eating is my downfall - bigtime! When I curb it, I lose weight quickly. I know I associate TV & eating, so now I am not eating anything infront of the TV to try and break this habit. My main TV time is in the evening. I too have heard you eat link a King for breakfast, Queen for lunch and Pauper for dinner. I also heard make protein the main food at dinner to help the fullness last. This is what I am trying, and so far it is working. The only thing I am enjoying in front of the TV is tea and gum........;-)
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:56 AM   #14  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

I usually only watch TV at night in bed. I am almost always in bed around 8:30pm. I'm tired because I get up at 5:30am to exercise. Anyway, my point is that I will not eat in bed--that's gross!

My danger hour is in the afternoon when I get home from work before DS gets home from school, around 3pm. I could shovel in an extra 1000 calories within a half hour easy. I've worked really hard to change that habit.

Last edited by losermom; 07-22-2009 at 11:58 AM. Reason: addition
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:21 PM   #15  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

Evening time for me is the hardest. I do fine during the day, but once I am home, and I start winding down all I want to do is eat. I have been having a snack at about 8:00 (bedtime for me is 10) so after I eat I brush my teeth (my signal to stop eating) and try to find other ways to spend my time. Reading, coming here, watching TV on DVD. It seems to be working for me.
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote