Katie

Height: 5'1

Default Losers and Friends July 20th- 28th

Morning everyone!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #2  
Katie

I am starting this morning to cut out all carbs for a week. I am still gaining a little each month, no matter what I try, so I am going to narrow it down, little by little. If I lose this week and do better, then I will stick to limiting carbs. If not, then next week I am going to forego dairy for a week. I can see that this week will be spent eating a lot of veggies, eggs, and cheese. For breakfast I sauteed some chard from my garden with a clove of garlic, then scrambled in 2 eggs, and topped it with a slice of cheese. So good!

Lets have a good week everyone!
Old 07-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good Morning to Katie and Hello to everyone. I just could not wait to share my good news with you all. As everyone of you will appreciate it as much as I do and I wanted to share it with you as you all have been my support system and inspiration for the past 20 weeks. On Saturday at 11:35 a.m. I stepped on the scale and it read 199.0, no ounces, no waivering, nothing a solid 199.0. I could hardly conatin myself. So as a reward I bought the 30 day shred DVD and I have done that for the past 2 days. I know I just lost 2 pounds, and I know I am not a size smaller, but to me it is a major milestone that at this time last year I did not think I could reach. So thank you to you all...

Jillian- I am so glad you like the Dailyplate too. I have enjoyed loggin my caloric intake and It has helped me so much to continue to loose. I got the 30 day shred on Saturday and I did level one SAt and Sunday. I am very sore today but in a good way and just so you know Jillian is much more tame than on the biggest looser. I have used one of the biggest looser DVDs and she is way more over the top on it. Now whether I can do the 30day shred for 30 days will be a challenge for sure.

BarbaraB- the 30 day shred is a very intense work out and Amy is right it makes you realize what they do but the biggest loosers though. If you have done some exercise regualry it will still be hard. They have an advanced person to watch and a beginner to watch, I of course did the beginner and altered push ups, but I feel it today it hurts to potty, which I have tried to increase my water today so it has been a struggle.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #4  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all.
today is DD's 6th birthday. we're having her birthday party on saturday, but going to have a little celebration for her tonight.

i did my first day of the 30 day shred dvd. it was a good workout. i'm debating weather to do it everday for 30 days or do it every other day and on the off days i'd do my elliptical and arm/ab workout. not sure, i'll decide tomorrow morning, i guess.

there's alot going on in my life, but nothing i feel like sharing at the moment. i took a huge step for myself on friday and although it was scary, i did it anyways. i had my DH there with me, so it made it a bit more bearable. thanks for everyone who's been thinking/praying about me. keep it coming.

ok, baby X is crabbing..so i gotta get a bottle for her.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:16 PM   #5  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Congrats on making it to ONDERLAND, Amy M.
Your hard work is really paying off. What a terrific reward you gave yourself. You are a true inspiration. Keep working hard, we are all so very proud of you
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:00 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone! I am still lurking around..just weight loss has not been my focus...but it is today! I have to get that scale moving! At the very least I would like to be in onederland by the time I get hitched. I've worn a size 12 at 200 lbs so hopefully that will still hold true if I haven't lost too much of my ol' muscle mass.

P.S. Will do an official weigh in this week sometime and own up to my ticker

Last edited by Kristinx; 07-20-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:22 PM   #7  
Katie

Yay Amy!!!! You rock!
Old 07-20-2009, 03:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Way to go Amy! That's awesome

Wanted to give an update on my cleanse... thank goodness it cleansed and improved liver function because I'm not sure my liver would have made it through this last weekend without it! It was our first weekend kid-free and we overdid it just a tad... Thursday, Friday, Saturday... and Sunday we were dead to the world! I'm too old for this kind of partying...
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #9  
Katie

Haha, Julie, that is hilarious!
Old 07-20-2009, 06:10 PM   #10  
WonderWoman

congrats amym on getting below 200! i remember that feeling and it was freakin' AWESOME! it made me even more motivated than ever! keep it up girl!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #11  
Katie

Hey Mary, are you still hanging in there?

Not eating carbs today is KILLING me. I can do this, though. It is not that hard, right? Right!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:09 PM   #12  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh, Katie.......cutting out carbs is really hard the first couple of days, but it is sooo wonderful once you get past it. I loved it when I was low carbing it. I never got super hungry, and I just ate to get energy......not for the love of food. I hope you made it through the rest of the day, and if you didn't.....tomorrow is a new day. Maybe I should try that......hmmmm.......
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:34 AM   #13  
Katie

Thanks girl. I made it! Tomorrow should be easier, I hope. I am discovering that when you don't eat meat or carbs, you are pretty limited. Good thing I LOVE veggies, especially this time of year.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #14  
WonderWoman

morning all. i got up, fed baby X, had my espresso and soymilk and south beach bar and then did day 2 of the 30 day shred dvd. can you say, super sweaty? ick! luckily baby X was still napping, so i could pop in the shower!

can i just tell you all how much i appreciate the "family" we've created here. i feel more comfortable sharing things with you than my own family..as sad as that is, it's true.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:28 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Thank you all so much for your support. I honestly do not think I could have made it this far with my weightloss journey without you all. It is wonderful to be able to read post and know that people are going though the exact same things I am. I hope to be able to continue to loose and to continue a healthier lifestyle.

Carbs are hard for me to limit too. It seems like everything I love is bread/potato ect. I still eat some carbs but I try to eat them earlier in the day and limit them to small serving sizes.

Katie- I have actually had more success limiting or almost elminating dairy from my eating. I am slightly lactose intolerant and have always limited dairy but I read an article and how many people have issues with dairy and how your body can react to something it is allergic too. I always thought I might have IBS but I realize now it was dairy consumption that was irritating my stomach for the past 30 years.

Jillian- I did day 3 of the shred last night. I am still sore. I am walking funny and I thought sitting on the potty this morning might kill me, but I am going to try to do it for 30 days and see if I am still standing after that. Also good luck with your other problems.

Nicole- thank you for your kind words, you are always so supportive to everyone. I think limiting carbs is a great idea. Keep in mind Pears and Banannas are high in carbs so limit them as well. My husband has decided to loose some weight too and I have just been limiting his portions not limiting what he is eating. He has lost almost 5 pounds in 2 weeks. He like most, did not realize how much he was actually consuming. Also how is your daughter doing?
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote