General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-21-2009, 02:00 AM   #1  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Default Dance Your Beep Off

Someone please tell me why I watch this show? First of all, they really don't show what the contestants do as far as weight loss and the parts they do tell, just boggle my mind. For example..

The "nutritionist" lowered one of the ladies daily caloric intake to 951 to help her lose more weight. She lost less than the previous week..imagine that.

Ugh!

Okay...rant over.

Last edited by Onederchic; 07-21-2009 at 02:03 AM.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:53 AM   #2  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkychic View Post
The "nutritionist" lowered one of the ladies daily caloric intake to 951 to help her lose more weight. She lost less than the previous week..imagine that.
When I saw that segment, I said to the TV "Up your calories to 1200" My jaw dropped when the "nutritionist" said 951!!! The contestant was really working out a lot this week. Usually when one is eating light (1000 or so calories) AND working out a lot AND there is no or little weight loss it means that your body does not have enough fuel. And she tells her to eat less???

I don't know why I really watch this show. I feel uncomfortable each time it is on. I think it is the chinzy costumes they put the contestants in. Many of those outfits are not meant for 200+ people. Sorry, but they just aren't and then make them neon-colored & shiny too?

And then when they show the audience shots...skinny audience I might add, many seem to be laughing at the contestants and not in a good way. It just makes me feel uncomfortable for the contestants. So why do I watch this???
mizski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:18 AM   #3  
neurotic not delusional

S/C/G: 115/108.5/68 (kilos rock!)

Height: 5'6 (Thats 167cm in real measurements!)

This is on for the first time on Australia tonight. I don't intend to watch it, I've seen the ads for it & it looks like a freak show (is that too harsh?).

It's one things for us to talk about our weight & the things we go through, but I don't know, to expose yourself like that to an international audience, God knows I couldn't do it. For every person that goes "yay for them" there is another that thinks it's really funny for the fat chicks/fellas to shake their fat about. I think it will probably do more harm than good.

Last edited by Lila Leeds; 07-21-2009 at 04:19 AM.
Lila Leeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:00 AM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Yeah I really think last night was my last time watching it.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #5  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

This show brings up a lot of uncomfortable emotions for me that have everything to do with me being ashamed of being fat. I can't watch them without being so embarrassed for them to the point of needing to change the channel. And that makes me feel bad because I'm projecting my feelings about myself onto them. I'm sure the same feelings will come up on that More to Love dating show.

Ugh. I have serious issues with self-acceptance.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote