Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 09:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Talking The curve is back!

Literally!

This morning for the first time, in what seems like forever, I noticed that I'm getting back my lower back curve!! . I can't speak for everyone, but in my case, with all this weight, it appears that you couldn't tell where my back ended and my rear started! Basically it looked like I just had a crack in my back!! I USED to have a curve. I hate looking at my body profile in the mirror (for obvious reasons! ) but today I checked it out and there it was, my good ole curve coming back! . From the rear I look like a block, from the shoulders to the bottom of my butt. When I'd pull down my shirt, it would go straight, but this morning, it actually came in at the lower back and then came out over my tushy! I am so thrilled . Who would have thought something so "small" could make me want to dance!

Has anyone else noticed anything "small" that has thrilled them? Like maybe seeing your cheekbones for the first time in years?
Old 11-06-2002, 10:18 AM   #2  

Hooray for you!!!

It's great when we notice these little things & they just make our day. My best was when I noticed my collar bone was noticable again & not lost under the extra pounds.
Old 11-06-2002, 11:15 AM   #3  

Good for you! It is always so wonderful to notice those little differences.

I myself, just noticed yesterday morning that my tummy wasn't so round anymore. It actually looked like I had a little shape before my hips. I was very excited.
Old 11-06-2002, 12:13 PM   #4  

WOOHOOO! These moments are even better than stepping on a scale and seeing a loss.

My coller bone and waist!

Old 11-06-2002, 01:22 PM   #5  
hot mom wanna be!

I know you are psyched!
For me so far the most obvious change is my face and neck. I mean my pants have gone down from a 26 to a 20 but I really see in my face and neck. I tend to get a really fat face. Even when I have been "thin" for me my face has those chimpmunk cheeks!

laura
Old 11-06-2002, 02:02 PM   #6  

Yea Dyan! That is MAJOR!

Laura, I am the same way with my face. Some people look thin in the face even when they gain wait and want pictures from the neck up, but not me! I can't hide it! That's why I look so different to people and I'm hard to recognize with all this weight. I've got chubby fingers too and am looking forward to wearing my REAL wedding ring again! (My hubby gave me a band that would fit my chubby fingers last christmas. We had resized my ring twice and I just couldn't bear to do it anymore.)

Anyway, that's great Dyan!
Angi
Old 11-06-2002, 02:24 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Angi - funny you should say that about the rings. When I was @ a loss of 42 lbs, my wedding ring finally fit again. Now that I am up 20 lbs, I am back to waering my substitute.

The minute I lost some weight, my bracelet felt looser. It still does, so that's the good news.
Old 11-06-2002, 03:21 PM   #8  

Sandi, I just realized my "chubby" band keeps falling off. So, I got out my original, sparkly ring and it fits! My fingers tend to swell and wane with TOM, no apparent reason, and Full Moons, so I don't know how long it will last.

But, I'm wearing it TODAY!
Old 11-06-2002, 03:43 PM   #9  

I have cheekbones????? Where are these fictious things located?
Old 11-06-2002, 04:16 PM   #10  

Hehe, you gals are too funny! I'm glad to hear that everyone is noticing little things here and there. Of course I'm no where near to the curve I want, but hey, we got to some where right?

The thing I'm pretty sure everyone notices is that you always lose the weight where you LEAST need to lose it first. For me I lose it in my face first and then it works it way down to where I REALLY need to lose it and that's my fat ole thighs! Now my friend that's here, she's losing weight too, but she's losing it in her legs first, and she needs to lose it most around the middle. She already has "chicken legs" (her words, not mine). Why couldn't we lose where we REALLY need to first? I guess we'll never know!

Last edited by Dyanm1; 11-06-2002 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-06-2002, 04:22 PM   #11  

Oh yeah Saannndddiiii.....

You can run, but you can't hide! How are those morning workouts working for ya? I did notice in one of your other posts that you found you don't have as much energy when you didn't work out in the morning. Was that my imagination or did I really read that? If I did read that , then I just have to say......told ya so, told ya so, neener, neener, neener..... Hehe.....

I'm still hanging in there. All 3 kids are sick so that means not much sleep for me. This morning asked DH to hit the snooze button on the alarm, but he must turned it off instead, because the thing I knew, it was 5:30am!! gotta be to work by 6am. SO needless to say no workout for me this morning and I'm pretty bummed about it.
Old 11-06-2002, 09:55 PM   #12  
Old Cackler

i'm amazed that i have collar bones after all this time!!! they're STILL THERE!!! and i've been showing them to everyone... and making them feel my ribs!!!! and the curve is coming back in the back as well..

there's a long way to go for the hip bones.. but i'm getting there!!!
Old 11-06-2002, 10:52 PM   #13  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Miss Dyan - for the time being, I must officially resign from the morning workout club. My heel spur is really bad. But it is 10 times worse when I work out 1st thing. Sorry.
Old 11-07-2002, 07:21 AM   #14  

They say the place you gain first (face, waist, hips) is where you lose it last. That sure has been my experience. My belly gets it first and hangs on for dear life. Oddly, I have very thin thighs--sure makes it hard to buy pants that fit--I look like MC Hammer in those big puffy pants!! LOL. My face loses first and if I can look in the mirror and not see a spare chin I'm happy.

Barb
Old 11-07-2002, 08:51 AM   #15  

You can always see it in my face first. As for the curve of my back, it's always been there because my butt sticks out so far!!! I noticed a couple of weeks ago while doing sit-ups that my thighs seemed thinner ... though this may be an illusion because measurements don't show them to have lost very much!

Pen
265/221/150ish
Closed Thread