Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Default I Cant Take It

I cant live like this anymore. Im done. I am offically done eating crap. I got on the scale today and it said 264!!!!!!!! Im 20 years old. How did this happen to me? I know! I couldnt shut my mouth. I went to the supermarket today and bought eggs, turkey bacon, chicken, salad, veggies, vinegar, and fruit. Oh and bottled water. I am sticking with that. No fast food. NO CRAP. This is offically the last time I can fail. How do you stay motivated people?
Old 07-20-2009, 09:51 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I remind myself daily why I am doing this and that I am the only person who controls if I fail or succeed and I just plain ole refuse to fail anymore.

You can do this!! Good luck.

Hugs
Michelle
Old 07-20-2009, 09:57 PM   #3  

Thats very true. How did you succeed?
Old 07-20-2009, 09:57 PM   #4  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Umm, same way you just stated...Last year, I was 19, and I weighed the same as you do! That is not acceptable! You just have to say to yourself "I do not deserve to be fat, and all the things that come along with it". That being said, we seem to have a lot in common! we should be buddies!
Old 07-20-2009, 10:11 PM   #5  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Whenever i get tempted i think about how i will feel when i work out with this food in my stomach- will i feel good and have lots of energy? Will i feel sluggish and slow and have a hard time? I hate workouts that are sluggish! They are so much harder than workouts where i eat well the days before. So I remember that. I think about my car (lol i know its so cliched), but i wouldnt put bad fuel into my car because it might give out on me and not last as long as i want, i wouldnt be able to get as much out of it as i can.

Basically, when i am tempted by fastfood and junk food (which still tastes pretty good to me lol) I think to myself "Is this good fuel?" and if the answer is no, i dont have it.

I also think about why i am doing this. And i hate re-doing things! So i think of having a bad meal as having to do a workout over again- if im ok with that, then i eat it. If not, then i dont (or i try not to ).

After a while it just becomes habit
Old 07-20-2009, 10:24 PM   #6  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breannaj1215 View Post

I'm a calorie counter. I eat nutritious foods. I do cardio 5-6 days a week and strength 3 days
Old 07-20-2009, 10:26 PM   #7  
Chaos in Action

S/C/G: 250/210/160

Height: 5'4

I try to focus on how I'll feel in an hour. When I am about to eat, I ask: "Will I be glad that I did this an hour from now?" With a stomach comfortably full (but not stuffed) full of healthy, nourishing food, I'll be proud of my decision. My stomach won't hurt. I'll have more energy. With a stomach stuffed full of crap, I'll be mad at myself. I'll probably have a stomachache. I'll feel like a giant slug. And I won't be able to taste it anymore anyway.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:45 PM   #8  

YAY id love to mescelestus. Wow you lost 70 pounds? How did you manage to stay motivated?
Old 07-20-2009, 10:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/241/160

Height: 5'11

I personally don't think you should say "done" to everything indulgent and bad for you. I think you should allow yourself a treat here and there, like once a week.

If you don't you have a very good chance of binging on the bad food. And that is something you do not want.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:10 PM   #10  

Hi! First of all, congratulations for making a big step in life! You've also come to the right place. Read lots of posts on the forum. I especially love seeing people that have made their goals. It's very inspirational.

My advice is too take it slowly. If you cut too many calories too fast, you'll find yourself feeling ravenous. One of the best things I've read on here is that the best diet is the one you can stick with. So, find something that you think you can do long term. Whether it's going low carb or counting calories or anything else. I'm still trying to figure out what foods work best for me.

To stay motivated, I come to this forum. I read books about health. I try new recipes. I think about my mom, who died at age 45 of a heart attack. That's the one that really gets me. I want to be around for my kids and my grandchildren. I don't want my weight to be my excuse for living anymore.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

In the beginning I was just like you, mad and fed up. That's actually where the motivation came from in the beginning, being so mad that it was all I could think of. The anger and irritation helped me get through that first week, which is the worst of all of it for me. Then a routine kind of settles in and then you don't always have motivation but you have commitment to doing it no matter what. And then there's the forum to add a spark when you feel like you've lost yours.

A plan is vital too, willpower only goes so far. Make a plan, calories, exercise, whatever fits your life and write it down. Work the plan, fiddle with it and find out what works for you. And get that sleep, nothing endangers willpower, commitment and motivation like a crappy nights sleep.

Good luck and rock it girl!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:32 PM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Sweetie, you just DECIDE to. You decide once and for all that you're not going to take it another second. That all of that high calorie/high quantity food is not worth it. The consequences of it is just too high. And I think you may be there!

Quote:
YAY id love to mescelestus. Wow you lost 70 pounds? How did you manage to stay motivated?
I don't rely on motivation. It comes and goes, peaks and wanes and is NEVER around when the high calorie stuff is. So I've made a commitment. An ironclad unbreakable commitment to good eating and exercise. I no longer wanted to be a person who ate whatever, whenever. I WANTED to be a person who was choosy, particular, mature and responsible with her food intake. My health, my weight became a tippy top priority for me. I wanted to have the best life possible and "those foods" no longer had a place in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Goddess View Post
I personally don't think you should say "done" to everything indulgent and bad for you. I think you should allow yourself a treat here and there, like once a week.

If you don't you have a very good chance of binging on the bad food. And that is something you do not want.
Sorry, we're all different, so for me I disagree with this - strongly. For * most* that have reached the over 200 lb mark, leaving the door open, "allowing" yourself an "indulgence" once a week is a recipe for disaster. Making "those foods" off limits - no matter what makes it much easier. Once you let in a little, well it's real difficult to stop. If you don't start, then you can't overdo it. Period. I wasn't taking any chances. So for me, it was no. It took the decision making process away. Once I let in a little of "those foods", well THAT is what could easily set me up for a binge. It was a relief to not have to even think about "those foods". They were off limits to me and that was that. I believe that is why I finally had success after decades of failure.

Make a plan. Stock up your home. Map out your food schedule. Get excited. Get going. You will be thrilled with yourself. You CAN do this. Make that commitment to yourself. To your health. To your future.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:37 PM   #13  
Almost there! 7lbs to go!

S/C/G: 165/137/130

Height: 5'8"

I tell myself that NOTHING tastes as good as being thin feels!!! And I mean *NOTHING*!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 12:14 AM   #14  

Hi Breanna,
After years of trying almost every diet I decided that I could do anything for a month. I started by giving up sweets for Lent. I haven't wanted them since then. Pick one thing to do food or exercise, and commit for one month. It's worked for me so far, and since it takes 40 days to make a habit, I've developed some good ones to replace the bad ones, things like eating fruit instead of candy or a donut.

Good luck and remember that the journey of a hundred miles always starts with the first step.
Bette K
Old 07-21-2009, 12:34 AM   #15  

Just wanted to congratulate you on making the first step towards your weight loss success. Coming here will be one of the tools you can use for motivation. I wish you the best of luck!
Closed Thread