Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/144/130

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation Help! Wedding dress barely fits

I'm getting married in 12 days and I tried my dress on (I got it on ebay a while back and it fit great) and now I can zip it up just barely and I have major back fat hanging over the back (It's a halter style, but pretty much looks strapless in the back)
Anyways, I NEED to lose a size in 12 days.
So my question to you all is, What's the best diet/exercise to do in this short amount of time?!
I have lost weight in the past (South Beach, calorie counting) and I exercise at least 4 times a week (jogging and fitness DVDs), but obviously I'm also good at gaining a lot of weight in the past. I need a kick in the rear, if you know what I mean!
What works best for you guys? Help!

Disclaimer: I know that the only "safe" way to lose weight is by losing 1-2 pounds a week, I get that. But to me, this is the only acceptable time to crash diet. My wedding pictures DEPEND on it!!!
skinnymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:19 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
So my question to you all is, What's the best diet/exercise to do in this short amount of time?!
Jillian Michaels has a great book and accompanying fitness DVD - 30 day shred. You don't have quite 30 days, but you have enough time to see some results. I recommend you check it out!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:20 PM   #3  
thininside

S/C/G: 200/185/150

Height: 5-8

Dress size? I don'tknow. I did the cabbage soup diet for a week and lost 8 pounds. I didn't eat anything but the cabbage soup and sugar free jello. That was a lot, a lot of water weight, but not a dress size?
oogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #4  
Chaos in Action

S/C/G: 250/210/160

Height: 5'4

I would probably go through the 30 Day Shred. I know a lot of women who lost weight FAST doing it.
paradoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:38 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

I'm going to third the advice for the 30 Day Shred.

In general, you should definitely add strength training, and probably kick up your cardio some too. (We may have different body types but I build muscle WAY fast and that's what I would do...too bad I haaaate strength training.)
aphrodite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:53 PM   #6  

Default funny thing

Funny thing is, I've been doing the 30 day shred (Mostly through level 2) about every other day for the past month (I haven't been doing it every day) and I'm scared about going to level 3 cause level 2 is so hard! Anyway, I know I need to step that up and just bite the bullet.
Also my diet has been atrocious. I am a firm believer that weight loss is 80% food-related and 20% exercise. I can't control what I put into my mouth!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:00 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

There is a book written (before the videos came out) by Jillian with a full diet plan to accompany the 30-day Shred. The book might give you guidelines for eating.

Cut your sodium!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:09 PM   #8  

Sodium, yes! Thank you. I am probably going to go the low-carb route but knocking down sodium will help tremendously!
And thanks for recommending the book. I'll check it out.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:13 PM   #9  

Height: 5'11"

You might want to consider having a tailor let it out as a plan 'B'. I'm sure you can make lots of improvements to diet and exercise in 12 days but it might be tough to lose an entire size. It would be for me, anyway!

Good luck and best wishes on your upcoming marriage!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:13 PM   #10  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I can't control what I put into my mouth!
You can't control how much weight you can lose in 12 days but you most certainly can control what you put in your mouth. In fact, that's the only thing you can control, other than exercise, for the next 12 days. A size in 12 days isn't impossible but it isn't really realistic either...totally not trying to be a downer, I promise. Can you diet, exercise and also have the dress altered, fast? Best of luck and don't let your dress keep you from having a perfect day, OK?
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:21 PM   #11  

Ah, a tailor! I was hoping nobody would mention that! It's ok though. I'm definitely keeping that in mind. If by next Monday the dress doesn't fit any better I'm going to have it taken out. I know my commitment to the weight loss is only going to work so far... But! i'm not going to let that plan B cloud my determination to at least debloat before then!
Old 07-21-2009, 12:19 AM   #12  

Height: 5'11"

Oh, for sure--get as healthy and trim as you can! But I would hate for you to feel self-conscious in your wedding pictures if it's just a matter of having someone let it out an inch or so, as well. We want you to feel happy and confident in your gown!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:24 AM   #13  

You've been given great advice! Just wanted to congratulate you on your upcoming nuptials!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:15 AM   #14  
~jus' being me~

- 30 Day Shred - but be careful if you are low carbing . . . I love low carb but cant work out with great intensity when I am eating low carb . . .

- Low low low low low carb - and leaner foods if possible - think Stillman's.
http://www.lowcarb.org/stillman.html
Although I need veggies so I would still add them in and do a lean protein Atkins induction

- Low sodium

- Loads of water

- Some massage time if you can to caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalm you down and keep you happy in the lead up

Good luck! Check back in and let us know how you are progressing!

Hugs!

Last edited by Madison; 07-21-2009 at 02:18 AM.
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:39 AM   #15  
Inspired

S/C/G: 275 / 208 / 135

Oh boy the big day! It's exciting! I remember how fun it was to stay the same size for my dress too XD

I thought I would tell you a day of food I eat, I lost 10 lbs in 6 days because I made a major difference in what I eat along with Jillian's 30 day shred.

Breakfast: Oatmeal (unflavored) steel cut oats - 1/2 cup with a little no sugar maple syrup, light - all of this is around 180 calories and filling.

Snack: banana and vitamins (ladies one a day and flax seed oil)

Lunch: 2 slices whole wheat bread (50 cals per piece) lettuce, hummus (the 50 calorie per 2 tablespoons kind in red pepper - sprouts supermarket) pickles, raw mushrooms. Make a sandwich This should be around 250 calories.

Snack: purple grapes - 1 ounce 110 calories and 1 ounce of cheddar cheese ( about the size of your thumb) 110 calories (varies on cheese type) and water

Dinner: fresh broccoli cut up into pieces, place in pan with a little bit of water, carrots and raw mushrooms sliced and thrown into pan with brocc, turn heat up to cook veggies until they are bright and tender (may need to add more water if it all evaporates too fast. Chop 1 ounce of firm tofu into little cubes, add to the veggies to warm. Last put your favorite stir fry sauce on veggies (I use iron chef general Tso sauce) and make sure to measure out the sauce. This is usually around 270 calories for me.

Snack: strawberries (around 20 cals a cup)

Fit in lots of water between meals. If you remove all other drinks that is cutting out a crap load of unneeded calories (unless you want a 1/2 cup of milk or something, that's okay)

Do the shred everyday, you'll make a difference. I also find that reading success stories boosts motivation.

Good luck on your big day!

Last edited by Minya; 07-21-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Minya is offline   Reply With Quote