South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 06:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Get Moving Monday

Let's get our engines revving, Girls! A brand new week is facing us!

Now back to our regular programming. Ugh, it's Monday. Actually, today should be a pretty busy day for me, so it should go fast. The girls' summer tutor will be coming this morning, we have piano lessons at 1, then I have to get the girls back to the farm to get ready for Maggie's birthday party at 4. Somewhere in there, I'll have to find time to run to the DQ to pick up her ice cream cake. Rain is predicted for later, but we're keeping our fingers crossed that it holds off until after the party.

So how's everyone week shaping up?
Old 07-20-2009, 06:29 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh my! Mentioning of DQ cake before 7 AM is not a good idea. I just remembered I have leftover ice cream on hand and maple syrup. Fibre 1 with yogurt will seem so mundane.

Another good three dog night again. The furries now are a pack and want to be together at night. I'm glad because I don't really want a 65-pound dog on my bed. They are all getting along just beautifully with lots of playing and no fighting over food.

The mid-way for the Fair arrived from one to three last night. I just love wakening to the sound of big trucks under my bedroom window - not! Today they start the set-up. I am going to be in the office for a few hours today, mainly to answer questions. I have one more sign to do but will do it here as there will be too many interruptions over there.

My ticker is lying at the moment from a week of care-free eating so I need to buckle down and plan. Crackers and asiago/artichoke dip is not a proper supper, especially when washed down with leftover red wine.

Now I am going to put the ice cream into the sink to melt and dish up my yummy Fibre1 with yogurt. I do have some lovely raspberries.

Happy Move-It Monday!

P.S. The seeds I planted in my new raised bed last Tuesday are all up!
Old 07-20-2009, 06:53 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Red Eye Express and Mondays - the only way to start the week.

Cottage - Hope the rain holds off until everyone is tucked into bed. I prefer busy Mondays, makes them slightly less long.

Ruth - in the middle of the night they set up? I'll join you in your mundane breakfast - I'm having 5 grain cereal with fresh berries. Actually the fresh berries make it more of a treat. Glad to hear your seeds are up. I pulled up my broccoli and cilantro last night. The slugs, flea beetles and woodchucks really did those beds in. I'm replanting with chard and spinach so hoping for a new bumper crop of greens.

I actually need a break from chores so the office isn't a bad place to be today. With the hour cutbacks Mondays are very quiet in my department. I got lots done this weekend but, of course, also have lots left undone. Tonight is yoga Haven't been in two weeks so it will be great to get back to it. I've got to find a drop in class for August because my instructor takes the month off. I do love my yoga class.

Hope the sun is shining where you are and the Monday-ness isn't too overwhelming
Old 07-20-2009, 07:12 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cyndi, they don't do set-up in the middle of the night, just haul in the rigs down my street. They were at another nearby Fair which closed at 11 Sunday night so they "strike" the rides and haul them here. This morning they will start the set-up. The Fair opens Thursday morning so there's plenty of time for set-up and safety checks.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!

Ice cream cake for breakfast sounds awesome but I am going with the mock oatmeal. I have to be more accountable this week - I started a document on my laptop to track what I eat. I have been losing a lot since Thursday and was down to 196 Sunday am. I did not work out - did yard work instead - and thought I was safe. I did nibble a lot - SB safe stuff except for a small spoonful of no sugar added ice cream. I did snack at 9:30 - nuts while watching Next Food Network Star. Woke up this am to 197 Clearly I have a leak to plug.

I joined Facebook last week just to learn more about it (plus my friends were nagging me) and its actually kind of nice. I love catching up with my former co workers and current friends. My kids are laughing sayings its a bit of an obsession!

Weather is nice here for the moment but we are expecting rain through out the week. Happy Monday!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday!

Okay, I'm really not as cheerful as I sound.

Cottage, Your day sounds wonderful! A birthday party at a farm sounds fun.

Ruth, I'm having Canadian Coffee (Timothy's) this morning. It's very good -- Strong like Starbucks. Re. your 65 pound dog. At the flea market yesterday, there were English Mastiff puppies with their 250 pound daddy. Jeff said, "I bet he eats a lot of groceries!" I said, "Can you imagine the poop???" WOW!!!

Cyndi, Try Jazzercise.

MomofSteel, I love Facebook! My hubby refuses to join, but when I'm on he says, "Is Joe Blow on there? What about Suzy Q?" He's funny.

Me, I actually don't know what today holds. The therapist's calendar is empty. My boss is not coming till Wednesday. I'm even done with filing! We'll see....

It has been the most beautiful weekend! It's only 61 right now. It's July! I could get used to this!

Hope your day is beachy...

Last edited by Chelby29; 07-20-2009 at 07:33 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:44 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Good Morning All! It's a cool morning in S. Louisiana..how weird!!! Almost feels "fallish".

Cottage, sounds like you'll be ripping and roaring all day. Hope the rain holds off till after the party.

Ruth, crackers and artichoke and wine...sounds pretty well rounded to me. You have your grain, veg and fruit! I've had dinners like that myself recently with so much going on.

Cyndi, enjoy that yoga class. I thought I was going to get back into yoga this summer, but the classes are at a weird time (too late for me..I'm a morning person and they are around 11...by the time I would hit the steam room and get the face on, it would be 1!) Speaking of exercise, has anyone used slim in 6? I was thinking about ordering it to do in the evenings before "tv" time. I'm kind of stuck in a "rut" at the gym...3 miles on the treadmill, then assorted machines. Thought I could shake it up by adding some work at home.

Mom, I'm a little into facebook too...have found all kinds of old friends and they have found me. I also got into classmates. Just check it every couple of days though.

Chelby, sounds like a nice peaceful Monday for you! Enjoy this cool weather..I'm loving it.

Me, nothing special. Just got clothes hung outside, have to go water some plants in pots outside and headed to the gym in a bit, then the rest of the day will be spent cleaning and getting our postponed dinner cooked.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-20-2009 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:44 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Mom - Nuts are my downfall. I am the queen of the tablespoon in peanut butter I've been reading How To End Overeating and I really think I am one of those people for whom the combination of fat and salt is almost addictive. I can eat the silly 100 calorie packs of raw almonds and not need another but the huge salted cashew packs always leave me wanting more.
I know what you mean about Facebook. I resisted for a long time then got lured by a friend who promised pictures of her kids. Now I'm checking in all the time (gotta love iPods!). DD was horrified to discover that I had a page before she did

Chelby - I don't even know if I could find it around here. This is the kind of place that has multiple yoga studios but not a lot of other exercise venues (I like to refer to it as the granola belt). Hope you get out of the office for awhile to enjoy the weather
Old 07-20-2009, 08:07 AM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I'm with ya'll on the nuts. I do ok with a scoop of peanut butter, but give me a can of nuts and it's all over with. I decided a couple of weeks ago just not to buy them anymore. I was buying those "nutricious" nuts with the almonds, cashews and macadamias. Bad news. I can pass up cookies, cake etc, but nuts?...a catastrophe! Decided they were on my no-no list.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:50 AM   #10  

Good morning! It's another sunny shiny day here. Hopefully it keeps up b/c I am hoping to take the boys to the lake this afternoon. DH worked the overnight shift last night and is fast asleep...when he wakes up, hopefully we can hit the sand and surf (okay no surf but you get the idea).

Until then, it is a typical day, cleaning, playing outside, popping on the computer. I am in the process of potty training my 2 year old, so we don't want to venture to far from home. Soon, I will only have one to buy diapers for.

Cottage- Sounds like you will be busy! I hope the weather holds out for you!

Ruth - UGH to waking up to loud trucks!
YAY to seeds starting to grow! What are you growing?

Cyndi - I would love to get into some sort of yoga program. It is just so hard to find the time.

momofsteel - Weighing yourself everyday will drive you crazy. (and I know plenty of people still do it) I know that my weight can fluctuate 1-3 lbs a day depending on what I ate the day before. Don;t fret unless you see a consistent increase on the scale.

Chelby - Enjoy your day! It sounds like it will be a nice one for you!

femme - gotta love all the chores. I hope your dinner turns out yummy tonight!

I hope the day continues to be wonderful for everyone!
Old 07-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Cyndi - Fluff is my downfall - if its in the house, I'll work my way thru the jar in a day - with one spoon in the pb and one in the fluff.

My3Sons...You are right. Going to stay away until Wednesday - I don't want it to go to far or I'll creep up before I know it.

Thx all....enjoy the day....
Old 07-20-2009, 09:12 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Yesterday was a little disjointed, but I made it through OP and had a great day. Our plan for a road trip got back on track although it would have been nice to leave earlier. It was 110 m one way to one of the newest national parks, Black Canyon of the Gunnison. I knew Chelby had been there and we were within 20 miles of where she used to live. Its a beautiful drive through fruit country and I came home with 10# of organic bing cherries. K will dry his for snacks, but I'm going to try to do a little dark chocolate dipping with my share of the dried to put in with Christmas boxes.

All said and done, it IS Monday and I have a busy week here. It IS time to get focused and figure out how I'm going to get everything accomplished. Today is pretty easy. to . But first I'm waiting for the Agave guy to call. By 8 I'll have 50# of Organic Agave Nectar for only $96 . It does last almost a year but is such an incredible $ savings. Although I'm new to SB, we haven't used refined sugar for anything but jam in over a year. DH was a sugar addict and he feels much better since he made the transition.

Chelby, why don't you offer Jazzercise intensive workshops. We could come down, work out AND enjoy SB WOL. Hope you aren't bored today.

Cyndi, I buy fresh almond butter. I have to be careful, for sure, but I have a TBSP in the morning before I hop on my bike. Sorry about your garden. I think we all just have to get through this season and see what next year brings. Enjoy Mine is in the pool today.

Ruth, great that your seeds are popping and I always love your doggie updates.

Cat, your gym routine is inspiring. I'll check out the slim in 6.

My3, enjoy your sandy beach.

MomofSteel, I ate a few too many nuts yesterday while travelling. My alternatives were not such a good choice. There are SOOOOO many external factors which affect what the scale says. I do weigh, but my true "scale" is with myself-what is the trend? and what have I been putting in my mouth? Have a great day.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Popping in real quick sounds like everyone is off to a good start on this Monday.

Cyndi- hope the Maggie's birthday party goes great.

Ruth- your sleep was interrupted by trucks mine was interrupted by my work BB- last night- for emails that came across not important need to set up some rules in my email inbox so when I am on call I do not get woke up by those.

Cyndi- enjoy your yoga class today.

Mom- I have moved away from weighing every day because it drove me mad when the scale went up

Chelby- have a good day today, I cannot even imagine a 250 lb dog wow

Cat- Sounds like you are having a nice day enjoy

Mythreesons- hope you make it to the lake today

Debbie- sounds like you have another productive day ahead of you.

As for me trying to make sure everything is taking care of at work before I leave work on Thursday. DD1 birthday is Thursday she turns 16, DH will take her to get her DL that day she is so excited. We are going to share a car for a couple of months and then I will get a small new (or newer) one. Getting excited for the trip to CA our plane leaves at 6 a.m. so early morning for us to get the airport.

Have a great day everyone
Old 07-20-2009, 11:48 AM   #14  

I'm in the office today. I hope the dog was smart enough to come inside his crate in the garage when we had that heavy rain this morning. At least they hybrid is getting great mileage on the drive to work but I preferred not taking the drive. I'm seeing if my team lead will approve a couple of week's vacation. If I don't get it scheduled and taken by the end of the year I will lose it and I have over 3 weeks left. I might as well take it.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/170

Height: 5'8

Good Monday morning everyone

I've started p2 today, and it feels a bit odd (but nice !) to have had oatmeal for breakfast

Big plans for the day are cleaning up, laundry, try not to strangle hubby, and a nice long walk to get myself moving.

Have a good one !
Closed Thread