Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 07-15-2009, 12:30 AM   #1  
yay short girls!

S/C/G: 128/ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Default Protein or Meal Replacement Bars?

Hey all, I'm looking for some reasonably priced bars that are (yummy of course!) high in protein and could possibly be used as a meal replacement. Mostly I just want something quick and full of protein for right after a workout. I tried the Powerbar protein plus in chocolate peanut butter (eh, not recommended, jaws were sore afterwards) and vanilla yogurt (not too bad at all). Anyone have any suggestions?
minitwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:06 AM   #2  
Workin' It

I like the Think Thin bars. The name is the link for the website! I buy them from Trader Joe's or Kroger, am thinking about ordering them from Amazon.com.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 172/161/140

Height: 5'7

i saw on a website the top healthiest foods by categories (frozen meal, sports drink, etc.) the healthiest meal bar they said was the south beach peanut butter delight? something or other but it was def. SB and PB. not sure if it was meal replacement or just as a snack bar but give it a try!
Pnut Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #4  
Workin' It

I didn't think about the SB bars, they have several protein bars that are yummy. I don't know which type the Peanut Butter Delight is, haven't had it.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I sometimes eat Clif Builder's and they are really filling. They are a little high in calories (260?) for a granola, bar but they are pretty filling.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 172/161/140

Height: 5'7

me neither shannon but put peanut butter on anything (mostly!) and ill eat it
Pnut Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:06 PM   #7  
Workin' It

I love peanut butter... I will eat it on just about anything, too.. .Probably why I never tried the Peanut Butter Delight SBD bars, didn't want to add one more temptation.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:39 PM   #8  

I just ordered these https://www.carbritediet.com/store/h...gory.cfm?id=54 I am not a low carber, but I get tired of drinking Muscle Milk before my workouts and wanted something to BITE with high protein. These have about 190-200 calories and 20- 21 grams of protein, 3-4 grams of fat. This will be interesting to try them. If I like them, they are available on Amazon.

Flavors are S'mores Bar, Cookie Dough Bar, Toasted Coconut Bar, Lemon Meringue Bar, and a Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:20 PM   #9  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

I really like the South Beach meal replacement bars, both the crispy crunchy kind (usually about 210 cals, but they changed the protein content on some flavors so it varies from 12 to 19 or so grams per bar), as well as the chewy chocolate peanut butter kind (180 cals and 15 grams protein I believe). I also like the Zone Perfect protein bars and I've tried a couple of flavors of the Atkins Advantage that are pretty good (Marshmallow Mudslide).
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote