Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 04:09 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #64

Stay at home Mom's #64

Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #63 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.

Ginny
Old 11-05-2002, 04:11 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just a quick hello. It was great to hear from Jackie, Melissa, Karen and Spryng at the end of the last thread, which had gotten so quiet. It looks as though we are starting a Thanksgiving challenge (5#)- so I hope we get lots friends to join us and lose all those pounds.

Gotta go pick up Dd. See ya later!
Ginny
Old 11-05-2002, 06:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hi All!
I hope everyone is doing well on their thanksgiving challenge! Me? I'm just looking forward to TURKEY!! I can taste it already.
We've been gone all day. I bought some maternity clothes. That's all I wear already. Can you believe I am showing so much already!? I'm only 7 weeks but have a definite belly! Could there be twins!? ok, that's not funny... I guess we just show faster with each subsequent pregnancy? I'm not complaining though. I'm loving my new roundness and my maternity shirts really enhances it and I find early pregnancy bellies so adorable.
That about does it for me. Hope to hear from you all soon!
Old 11-06-2002, 10:09 AM   #4  
One day at a time.

Morning,

I thought I'd check in to see what's going on, not much going on here, just trying to get ready for the holidays!

I'm always up for a challenge ladies, so count me in! And I guess I get to count my loss from last night, right? OK, I lost 1.8 lbs. so that leaves me with 3.2 to lose by Thanksgiving. But I really want to lose more, I have challenged myself to be in Onederland by New Years! I know it's gonna be tough, but maybe that'll help keep me from all of the holiday eating!?!

Have a good day!

274.2/217.8/135
Old 11-06-2002, 10:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
It's another typical day here. Just picking up the house while the kids are watching Barney. My morning sickness hasn't been unbearable lately. Only hits me when I'm hungry. So I try to eat whenever I think about it. I don't know about weight gain. My scale broke a long time ago so I can't weigh myself. I think I'm going to dig out my MIL's scale (it's digital and all that, she never uses it) and weigh myself on it to see how much I am now. I have a feeling I've gained some since becoming pregnant. I feel like my face is putting on weight. I hate that, don't you? But I'll find out later.
Mel, congrats on your loss!! You are doing so good!! I can't wait to join you all in about 7 months. You are surely an inspiration and I hope you all meet your goals by thanksgiving.
Well, guess I should finish this house before we have to leave. I have an appointment this afternoon and the kids have to go to their aunts because they can't come. Talk to you all soon!
Old 11-06-2002, 11:59 AM   #6  
burned out bus driver

Good morning ladies!!!!!
Great to hear from you, Melissa and Spryng. I had no idea this morning when I booted up if there would be any replies to the thread. It has been so quiet.

Melissa- you are such an inspiration!!!!!
Congrats on keeping on with the weight loss. Don't sweat it if you do not quite make it to "onderland" by Jan 1- at the rate you are going you will be so close............I would hate to see you get down on not making that goal (although it is entirely possible that you will!) and lose your focus. (can you share some of that inspiration with me, please?!) Keep up the good work!

Spryng! I am so glad that you are feeling bad...........sound silly eh? (but by now you have come to expect the unusual from me, I guess). Early on you mentioned that you were not feeling so pg...... and I guess it reminded me of my 3 miscarriages (all early on in the pg) and I remembered when I went from feeling pg to not pg.......then to find out a few days later that it was over. I was just hoping and praying for you that that was not the case.
So!!!!!!!! I am ecstatic to hear that you are feeling very pg and showing. It is such a blessing. But I am glad that you do not feel too bad also (I am not sadistic).

As for me, today has been busy. My dishwasher died (anyone want to come to the funeral?) so I have to keep up with doing them by hand for now. I hope to get to Sears tonite to buy a new one. Just can't imagine holiday cooking.........and all that without one! My eating is still not right. This is a tough time of year for me- and I had a very intense conversation with my mom last nite. (We get along well 99% of the time, this was about issues with my Ds~ and my dad's bday is coming up soon- he would have been turning 78 next week, so this time of year is a bit painful for all of us). To make a long story short, my Ds is still fighting with my father- blaming him for all sorts of stuff (kind of tough to argue with someone who has been dead for almost 18 years!!!!!!!! but somehow she continues.) And it tears up my Dm that Ds cannot forgive or just plain get over his personal shortcomings. Kind of bugs me too that Ds is being such a pain about it all. And, with my Dm missing him still- it would sure be nice if Ds could just grow up on this score and at least be a source of comfort instead of agitation. Now that I have blabbed all that out.............

I had better get off this thing and go get my workout in. Just do not feel like going for a walk today, so I will break out the Leslie Sansone tape.

Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 11-07-2002, 08:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Day, All!

Well ladies, thanks for keeping the thread going & thanks Ginny for opening up a new thread. You beat me to it! I honestly thought of opening up a new one, but thankfully you did! Ginny: I'm definitely in on the Thanksgiving challenge! I've been forcing the fruit down my throat for breakfast. I will get used to it & love it, but I'm having withdrawl symptoms for a bowl of LIFE cereal & milk right now! I'm back to having veggie wraps for lunch & trying to keep my servings of protein & carbs separate. I have to keep reminding myself that I lost 16# this way in less than 3 mos. Unfortunately, the weight found me again! I have some incentive built up though. Want to hear it? If not, I'm going to tell you all anyways!
While I was cleaning out my dd's dresser drawers, I came across a picture that was taken a few years back at one of my dd's field trips that I went on. I was in the picture & said to my dd, I hate this picture of me-look how big I look in it! DD then replied:Mom, you actually look better in this picture than right now! Kids say it the way it is, don't they? So...this is my incentive plan, to look better than that picture of myself! Well Ginny, I hope that you got your workout in. I'm sorry to hear that your ds is still holding a grudge against your DD after being gone for 18 years already! Spryng: I'm watching a live birth on Good Morning America as I'm typing this right now! It's all coming back to me now! As for yourself: I'm glad that you're feeling better & feeling PG'd. It sounds as though you are going thru the same symptoms as I went thru with my dd. Unfortunately-I ended up gaining over 40# with her & I'm still trying to lose it! So...my advice to you: try to make healthy choices on what you're putting in your mouth. It will be better for you & for the baby/babies. Go & find your MIL's scale & start weighing yourself to keep it under control. I hope that you enjoyed cleaning your new home.
Want to come over & clean mine next? I hope that your check up goes well for you. Mel: Congrats on your loss for this week & for your over-all loss. You are awesome! So...you're getting ready for the holidays? I bet you're one of these people that have just about all their presents bought & wrapped already. Am I right? I still have a long........ way to go before I'm finished! Well, I must get going. Have a great day everyone & happy weightloss challenge, everyone!
Old 11-07-2002, 10:04 PM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just a quick check in, I was on the computer checking out dishwashers.......... Never got out to get one the other nite, and in the interim I have checked out Consumer Reports for a good one and done some online pricing. Dh could care less what I get, as long as it is quiet. All the quiet ones (according to Consumer Reports) are around $500. So I guess there goes my idea of getting a less expensive one. I am tired of Dh bellyaching about the noise of the dishwasher (the electrical one,not his wife!)

Jackie, glad that you checked in.......I always knew that you were a bit fruity! (hehehehe) Hope that your new eating plan is going well and that you are getting workouts in.

My eyelids are getting droopy, guess it is beddy time! Hope to see ya tomorrow! Have a great nite.
Ginny
Old 11-08-2002, 04:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi!

I'm not going to stay long, as it's 3:00 a.m. I couldn't sleep, so I decided to check my e-mail & see if anyone posted here. Ginny: I'm just going to answer one reply to you: We have a Whirlpool called the "quiet partner" 980 series. We've had it for several years, and it's rather quiet. We have open concept, which means the kitchen & family room are open to one another & we really are not bothered by the "quiet partner". It makes somewhat of a noise, but not bad. Most of the noise is probably due to loading it wrong with the pots & pans & you can here them clanging together. (This happens when I overload the washer.) If you have a friend that's a builder/contractor, they can get a great price on them through a builders warehouse. Well, I'm too sleepy to type much more. I just wanted to help you out before
you went out & bought one. Well, I'm off to dreamland again.
Old 11-08-2002, 02:08 PM   #10  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Hi Everyone!

Sorry It took me so long to get back to everyone! DH has been working at home and has thrown my computer time into a tailspin!!

I havent exercised the rest of the week I know I know.. My endo kicked in and I have been sitting with a waterbottle on my back. It is on my spine and nerves and it causes my left leg to go numb! I have a new course of therapy.. so hopefully this will be the last month like this! I HOPE!

MEL - You are so awesome! And my inspiration with the weight loss!! You go girl!

Ginny - I wish my dishwasher would break! Mine is on now and is SOOOO LOUD! DH promised me that we could replace it in about a year.... but still!! Hopeyou find one soon!

Jackie - 16 pounds in 3 months! You go! how are the walks going??

I weigh in tomorrow. The good thing about endo is that I dont want to eat at all... so I have been eating lots of salads and lentil soup! So hopefully I will have a reduced weight to report! I am going to go back to my scale's weight as the day after the gyno appt I showed 195....

Talk to you soon!
Old 11-08-2002, 10:12 PM   #11  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!!!!!
This has been a quiet nite.......Dd went out to dinner with her soccer team and Dh and Ds went to a Nets game (basketball). Someone from work gave Dh the tickets ($95 each!). So Dd and I (the 6 year old) went out- got dinner at BK (her choice, not mine) and she picked out her "picture dress" (school pictures this week). Nice as I did not have to cook, and actually got to control the remote this evening!!!!!!

Karen- sorry that you are not feeling good. I do hope that your new course of therapy works out for you. Big hug and feel better soon!

Jackie- you mind reader...........my now deceased dishwasher is a Whirlpool and after reading Consumer Reports (they still have the best reliability rating) I bought another one. Knowing what a pest Dh is about the noise factor forced me to go for the "Quiet Partner" 1200 series. It was basically the lowest priced dishwasher that CR tested that had a very good soundproofing. Unless I wanted to spend $1,500 for a Bosch......... At any rate, it will be delivered on Monday. And I am sick of doing dishes by hand. I hope that this one runs as well as it predecessor which lasted 15 years.

Other than that, a busy but uneventful day. I have not walked in 3 days.......but tomorrow it is supposed to be almost 60 degrees and we are planning a day of yard work. So I hope to burn some calories that way.

Hope that everyone has a great weekend!!
Ginny
Old 11-09-2002, 10:32 AM   #12  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Hi Everyone!!

I have good news to report!!

Today is weigh in! Drumrolll...........

I am down 2.5 pounds!! WOO HOO!!! I guess the salads and lentil soup work! So I am half way to the November goal in weight loss! Today I am starting to feel better.. so I might try a few minutes on the Treadmill. At least my leg isnt numb!

Ginny - I am so glad you found a dishwasher! I was with out one for about a week when we first moved in here because it leaked, and I hear you about washing dishes by hand! Not fun!! I need to get out and do some gardening this weekend too! Let burn those calories!

How is everyone else???

Hugs to all!
Old 11-11-2002, 12:33 AM   #13  

Hi Ladies, may I join you? I am a SAHM, but I work 1 day a week and have my own little business that occupies my time a night or two a week (just enough to keep my sanity). I LOVE being home with my dd. She is almost 18 months. I recently lost a pregnancy - it was my 4th mc total - not fun. Funny thing is that I've gained more weight after the loss than during the pg! About a year ago I started dieting and exercising and lost about 20 lbs by the summer...now it has slowly crept back. Sooo, I am back at the drawing board at the same weight I was a year ago.

Today I kept track of my WW pts and I only went over a little. But I'm sure that is much better than I have been doing lately. I have been so out of control. My goal is to lose 10 lbs by Jan. I think that's reasonable. At that time we'll start ttc again, but I refuse to do that at this weight.

Well, I look forward to getting to know you ladies!

Beki
180/180/145
Old 11-11-2002, 10:31 AM   #14  
One day at a time.

Hello Ladies,

Welcome Beki, Sorry to hear of your lost pg. and I wish you much luck in reaching your goal weight. This is a great place for support, you won't find a better bunch of people anywhere!

Ginny, glad to hear that you found a new dish washer, I hope it works well for you!

Hi Jackie, I hope you finally got some rest! How are you?

Karen, sorry to hear that your endo. is bothering you again and I hope your new treatment takes care of it! Congrats on you great scale victory!

My life is still in high gear, Ds just had a birthday and we ended up with a house full of 12 & 13 yo boys, but they were well behaved and the party and sleep over went great! Now I'm getting ready for a business trip with Dh, but I'm not to thrilled about going though! I just feel so out of place with all of the upper management and we'll be staying at a country club for time we're there. I'm just a ol' country girl and I don't like playing dress up cause I'm affraid I'll do or say something to make a fool of myself! Anyone have any tips or helpful hints?

Well, I better get some work done!

Hope everyone is well!
Have a wonderful day!!!
Old 11-11-2002, 11:37 AM   #15  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Welcome Beki!!

I am a SAHM of 2 little ones too! Although mine are a bit older than yours. 6 and 4. I own a business that I work out of my home so that I can stay at home too!

I am sorry about your loss. I had a MC before my first child was born and I remember gaining weight with that too. Depression can do it to me every time!

You will love this group! Lots of support here!

MEL - You will do fine! dont you worry! but I am with you on the country girl not wanting to play dress up. I used to work for a large company that had a yearly awards banquet in Montery, CA in a fancy hotel on the coast. I had to wear velvet dresses and rub elbows with the upper management too. One year I even got an award. I was so nervous that I almost fell on my face going up there!

Ginny - Is that dishwasher in yet??? Hope so!!

Jackie - did you get some rest?

As for me, I have had a busy weekend! Shopping, cleaning house and now I have to get ready for a "Tech day" my DH is hosting here on saturday for the car club! sigh.. home made lasagna!

I have started on my hormonal patches this weekend.. and Man are they giving me a headache already.. but the endo pain was gone the first day!! I am going to call the doctor today to see how long I should wait before the headaches are gone...

Eating was not great this weekend. DH brough home Krisy Kremes last night. I had 2. but they are out of the house now...

Anyway.. hope all are well. I am on the treadmill this afternoon! talk to you all soon!!
Closed Thread