Old 07-15-2009, 03:53 PM   #1  

Default Newbie and going to Mexico

So I know I am crazy but when I started this I figured something will always come up and there will never be a perfect time to start MRC. So needless to say I am on the green menu (just started) and am leaving for Cabo (family vacation) on Saturday. I am trying to plan and think of things in advance so any help that you advanced MRC people could give me would be so appreciated. I really want to be in control or at least as good as I can be while still having a nice time while I am there. I am only on the 2nd day of using the green menu so this is all new to me and I am trying to figure it out.
Bobsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:49 PM   #2  

Oooh -- good question! I am anxious to hear the responses myself. I have only been on MRC for a week and getting ready to leave on vaca for 8 days...a little worried about getting it all right when I'm not at home. I'll definitly be packing my scale and I am going to make a food list/plan for each meal before I leave (we are staying in a cabin and so can make our own food). I am also bringing carb blockers. I think the hardest thing for me will be being around other people eating like they are on vaca.
twinmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:44 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsey View Post
So I know I am crazy but when I started this I figured something will always come up and there will never be a perfect time to start MRC. So needless to say I am on the green menu (just started) and am leaving for Cabo (family vacation) on Saturday. I am trying to plan and think of things in advance so any help that you advanced MRC people could give me would be so appreciated. I really want to be in control or at least as good as I can be while still having a nice time while I am there. I am only on the 2nd day of using the green menu so this is all new to me and I am trying to figure it out.
I am new myself, but suggest bringing meal replacement bars/shakes with you, just in case you don't get 3 meals a day in, or if the people you are with are eating something you shouldn't have. Also, I was just away for a few days and brought my melba toasts in snack bags so they were all counted out before I left. When my husband and I travel we usually have two meals a day: a late breakfast and an early dinner. I didn't know, before we went away, that there is a two meal a day menu. Anyone who only eats two meals a day might want to ask about that.
ali g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Haven't gone away yet but read that it is not good to switch back and forth between the 2 and 3 meal plans. Pack anything that you can get through customs or on the airline. If you are going someplace that you can prepare your own meals, then purchase items at a store near where you are staying. If you are going to be in a hotel, call and talk to someone and let them know you are on a strick diet and ask for special meals to be prepared. Take the powder supplements with you on the plane and see if you can pack your concentrates in with your luggage. Take your menu with you and remember why you are going on a vacation, to relax and have fun with people you love. It is not all about the food. To inspire you while you are watching people eat things you like, try to think of how good it will feel to come back when you are at your goal. The nicer clothes, less restriction on activities and looking great!
Have fun
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:58 AM   #5  

so does anyone know if I can get the bars through the airport in my purse? I know that I can get the powders as I have already done that but since I am just allowed to use the bars now I have never tried that
Bobsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/151.5/141

Height: 5'1"

Default Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsey View Post
Hey Bobsey,
I recently came back from a weekend vacation to an amusement. On the trip I took meal replacement bars which I ate for my lunch which replaced the fruit and the protein. I bought a salad ate the park to go with it. Than I also took my melba toast with which I ate for breakfast and dinner. On the trip I only ate eggs for breakfast and for lunch I ate salad with grilled chicken from IHOP. And on one of the days I had to split my meal up but I made sure I got in everything I was supposed to have in a certain time from. But I only did that for my dinner menu. Bobsey you willbe alright as long as you plan it out before you leave.
angelofsc is offline   Reply With Quote