Old 07-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #1  
This is my year!

S/C/G: 291/252/150

Height: 5'4"

Talking "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" Group.

Hey you fellow "enough is enough" members, today is another day to help us reach our weight goals.

I, am on a diet program that is essentially portion size and healthy food choices. Because it's all about developing a healthy lifestyle change.

I, personally am in a great deal of pain and I'm thinking that by getting this weight off it will help my situation. Hey, it couldn't hurt the situation!!!

I, also belong to a TOPS support group to give me some accountability of my weight loss. And I was just thinking about putting on my tennis shoes and walking to the mailbox to pick up the morning paper. Which, you might think is a VERY short walk out to the curb, but alas I leave out in the country and my mailbox is about 2 acres away. My driveway alone is about the length of two football fields. So, it's an okay jaunt for a morning wake up call!!!

Then, I'll come home, take a shower, make my breakfast and take my meds. Then it's time to get busy.

Have a great day and remember we can do this.

KELLI

Last edited by Nightmare; 07-15-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:55 PM   #2  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

Kelli,
Hope you had a great day.

A
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/270/154

Height: 5' 9"

Hey I've found you both!

My plan is to calorie count with exercise to get the weight off. However I must also realise that I have a problem around food and that is the fact that I'm a compulsive overeater.

Ok I've posted this on 2 other threads already but I'm so thankful to have such a supportive partner that I'm posting up again my husbands idea to help me.

This is his idea. I open up a savings account in my name and for every 1lb I lose he will put in £10 then once I've lost a stone (14lb) I can withdraw £100 to spend on clothes, make up hair, beauty treatments, whatever I want as long as it is for me, this will happen for every stone I lose until I reach my goal weight he will then buy me a nice little second hand car! The remaining money in my account will go to The National Autistic Society. Then the account will be closed.

Nicki.

I'll be back to chat later when I've finished the dreaded ironing!
Nicki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #4  
This is my year!

S/C/G: 291/252/150

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicki54 View Post
Hey I've found you both!

My plan is to calorie count with exercise to get the weight off. However I must also realise that I have a problem around food and that is the fact that I'm a compulsive overeater.

Ok I've posted this on 2 other threads already but I'm so thankful to have such a supportive partner that I'm posting up again my husbands idea to help me.

This is his idea. I open up a savings account in my name and for every 1lb I lose he will put in £10 then once I've lost a stone (14lb) I can withdraw £100 to spend on clothes, make up hair, beauty treatments, whatever I want as long as it is for me, this will happen for every stone I lose until I reach my goal weight he will then buy me a nice little second hand car! The remaining money in my account will go to The National Autistic Society. Then the account will be closed.

Nicki.

I'll be back to chat later when I've finished the dreaded ironing!
Hey Nicki, Glad you found the "enough is enough", so here we go!!

I'm trying to just eat healthy and portitional. Counting calories, or counting points, or counting whatever drives me crazy because I don't want to bother. I just want to go, get something healthy to eat, and then eat. Perhaps, I should reread that to myself and it might be an eye opener!!

Look at your plate.....half of it should be vegetables, a quarter potatoes, rice or pasta and then the other quarter meat, poultry or fish. But that's it. No second helping.

As for you DH's idea, that's awesome. Kutos to him on that supportive idea. My hat goes off to him.

My DH was said that he would happily buy me an entire new wardrobe when I reach my goal weight.

Oooh, if I were your friend and lived a heck' of a lot closer I'd come over and do your ironing. I love to iron. Weird, ay?
I use to have a mate years ago that I did just that for her. On the weekends, I go over to her house and iron her stuff.

Everytime I get into a forum, I always seem to zero in on the UK friends, because of my relatives and admiration of England. But, then I get kind of down-in-mouth in thinking of "the good ole' days" while I was over there. Ya' know, one of these days, I should just cast fear to the wind and just make the trip over again. But, DH can stay home because he was undoubtedly ruin (or at least try) it. And, believe you me, you don't want to ask about that statement. Because that is a humongus can worms to open!!!

Well, gotta run. Best of luck on eating healthy. Maybe next time I write, I will jot down my diet regimen for you.

KELLI

Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:44 PM   #5  
my beautiful mess

Hi Chickies,

I started a post and then it disappeared...anyway I will try to recreate it.

Nicki, I love your husbands plan. We have a similar one in this house. No savings account, but money spent on just me every time I lose 10lbs. And the car was supposed to be on the horizon but I may remove money from savings and do a tummy tuck instead. Ehh we'll see.

I also have a problem around food. That is my goal this time- to really work with that issue. Otherwise it will all come back again. I've done it too many times. Right now I am using a hypnosis tape at night. And not getting into sticky situations. The DH came home and said he wanted mexican. He is dieting too ......I said no. And I am trying not to feel guilty.

I too want to go back to England. It took 16 years of marriage before my husband took me home That and $$$. He was shocked that I liked it so much. trying to convince him to retire there. Some little flat in Jarrow. Nothing fancy. We'll see if it works. I have 20 years to work on him. lol

I have no ironing. Hate it. Don't buy clothes that need it. My girlfriend came to visit and then went out and bought me an iron and a board - she needed to iron.

All the best, Chickies. I wish you an easy and stressless day.

A
Old 07-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #6  

It's another day and it's thunder and lightening here right now. Luckily neither my daughter or me are scared in fact until a few minutes ago we were both standing at the opened back door out into the garden and breathing in all those negative ions.

My eating is very unbalanced right now. One day I'm binging the next I'm almost starving myself, and today I'm eating a lot of cheese, chocolate, sweets and bread. Still on we go. I am getting my head around counting calories, in fact I picked a bag of sweets that were 148 calories where I usually buy the larger bay which has 350 calories.

As a contestant said on Australia's Biggest Loser. ' I'm a work in progress'. Years of bad habits aren't suddenly going to disappear.

How's everyone else getting on?

Speak soon and heres to the 3 of us.

Nicki
Old 07-17-2009, 09:56 PM   #7  
my beautiful mess

Nicki, Small steps right. I think its great that you chose a smaller bag of sweets. Its great that you're paying attention. I think that is huge.

Counting calories is a real eye-opener for me. I am starting to keep a food journal and wow.

I'm doing ok. went out to eat twice today and did ok. Not perfect but I paid attention and made conscious choices. which is a big deal for me. Every little step counts.

Tomorrow I weigh. Ick.

Take care,
A
Old 07-18-2009, 06:22 AM   #8  

Kelli: how are you getting on 'Fat Smashing'? Even though after checking up on it and deciding that it wasn't for me, I can appreciate how it could be very beneficial for others. We're all individuals and what may suit one may be completely wrong for another. So keep sharing your journey with us and we will All that and more.

Of course the same treatment will be dealt out to all who join here.

A: hope you have good news when you weigh in today.

Nicki
Old 07-18-2009, 08:16 AM   #9  
my beautiful mess

Kelli, Hi.... Will look for you later. Miss hearing how you are.
Nicki. Hellooooooo (hello across the pond). I lost 3 lbs. woohoo. And last time I did this I lost 7 or so. boohoo. I am going to adjust my plan a bit. How is your plan going today. baby steps!

All the best.
Ash
Old 07-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #10  

Kelli isn't it a little early to be adjusting your plan. Just because you lost 7lb last time doesn't mean that you've failed because you lost 3lb this time. Are all the circumstances the same? Did you eat exactly the same things at the same time? Lets be senisble here. We're on a journey that will have it's up's and down's. 3lb is a great weight loss, and never belittle that.

Nicki
Old 07-18-2009, 04:06 PM   #11  
my beautiful mess

Quote:
Kelli isn't it a little early to be adjusting your plan. Just because you lost 7lb last time doesn't mean that you've failed because you lost 3lb this time. Are all the circumstances the same? Did you eat exactly the same things at the same time? Lets be senisble here. We're on a journey that will have it's up's and down's. 3lb is a great weight loss, and never belittle that.

Nicki
Ash here. Thanks for the reminder. 3 lbs is not bad at all. I am trying to be clear with myself about what I am feeling. And I have mixed feelings. The not knowing what I am feeling is what gets me in trouble with food.

Sorry I wasn't clear about mushing the plan around. I have officially entered phase 2 so I get to mush it around more. Phase 1 is restrictive. Can now have meat for instance! Woohoo!

How did your day go? I hope it went well. Ash
Old 07-18-2009, 04:49 PM   #12  

Is there a kicking yourself smilie? Just realised that I've got Ash's and Kelli's diet plans mixed up! Sorry Am I forgiven? Can I blame next doors ginger cat?

Nicki
Old 07-18-2009, 07:44 PM   #13  
my beautiful mess

Quote:
Is there a kicking yourself smilie? Just realised that I've got Ash's and Kelli's diet plans mixed up! Sorry Am I forgiven? Can I blame next doors ginger cat?

Nicki
Sweetie, You don't need to worry at all. But I like the idea of blaming things on the cat. A
Old 07-19-2009, 05:24 AM   #14  

Thanks Ash.

Nicki
Old 07-19-2009, 12:16 PM   #15  

I'd typed a long rant about housework but decided to delete it and post this instead
I know which I'd prefer!

Staying on track today Breakfast was 2 slices of toast Lunch was porridge, because it's Roast Beef Yorkshire Puds Gravy and a selection of veggies followed by Ice Cream.

Nicki