South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-14-2009, 11:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

Red face

hi ladies- posted this in my "hulloo i'm back" thread but would appreciate y'alls opinions

"i have rationalized the idea of doing a "modified" P1- whole grain carbs at one meal only.....i think i am chickening out, tho
ummmm i'd really appreciate some input here- has anyone else ever tried a p1/p2 combo? or is the tabula rasa method the most effective?"

i do weigh about 203 pounds now but am exercising every day (weight training 30 day shred....) boy oh boy you can tell i am not relishing the thought of my 5th bout with p1.....

Last edited by beachgal; 07-16-2009 at 11:04 AM. Reason: I removed the post about this in the "I'm back" thread to avoid confusion and duplicate thread topics. :)
jandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:08 PM   #2  
Macros!!

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'0"

Phase 1 is Phase 1 for a reason. It seems to defeat the purpose of the cleansing of Phase 1 if you don't follow it precisely.
ArmyAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:09 PM   #3  

In my opinion, any healthy diet is a good idea.And if you stick with it, it will work.A diet concentrated in veggies, fruits, lean meats , low fat dairy and whole grains is recomended by medical and nutrition professionals.Sounds like a great way of eating.

I do understand this is not SBD though.I am a big fan of SBD but if you are unable to follow their recommendations, then this is also a healthy way of eating-forgot to add that.Good luck.

Last edited by beachgal; 07-16-2009 at 11:05 AM. Reason: If you want to add something to a post you've already written, just hit the "Edit" button. :)
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I'd say go with it ONLY if that is the ONLY way you can succeed getting started.

BUT, a clean phase 1 is SO important and you may be setting yourself up for problems down the road....detox all the way!
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:00 PM   #5  

thx for the input....*sigh* i seriously don't know what's holding me back- i use to preach the marvels of sbd to everyone!!--i KNOW just how effective it is and also how important phase one is... especially for a sugar cravin junkie like me!!!
for some reason i am mentally blocked this time around..
Old 07-14-2009, 05:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/170

Height: 5'8

I was actually looking forward to restarting again, and don't mind p1 at all. Am I the only one? lol

Last week was my first week, and also the first week in a *long* time that I have felt as good as I did.

Any step in the right direction, is good .. but I kind of agree with those that said that SB is set up the way it is, for a reason.

I just remind myself that it's only 2 weeks. 2 weeks of getting rid of all that crap, and getting myself on the way to success.

I was totally ready though to do this, so I didn't have that fear or thought process of it. I just jumped in.

You can do it.. you've done it before, you can do it again
ruby2sday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:10 PM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandaman View Post
i KNOW just how effective it is and also how important phase one is... especially for a sugar cravin junkie like me!!!
When I am wanting to mess with the structure of this WOL (which I am not calling a diet today) by eating something not OP, I will tell myself, "Debbie, don't mess with the chemistry."
More Sugar=less weight lost
I believe that my lack of cravings which has made the last 10 weeks PDE(pretty darn easy) is because I detoxed during a clean P1.

While eating healthier is always a better choice, the reason I am committed to SB as prescribed is that I am ready to live at a normal healthy weight in a reasonable time frame. The majority of my weight loss from "eating healthier" on my own came at an amazingly slow 1# per MONTH. 63 pounds took 6 years!

I think if you post post post here, that 2 clean weeks will go by very fast.

My vote is clean P1. I hear so many P1'ers saying just what Ruby said, "Last week was my first week, and also the first week in a *long* time that I have felt as good as I did."

Best wishes!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-14-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:04 AM   #8  

thx ruby and debbie! it does help not to overthink it and jus' DO eet. also realizing that it is a lifestyle change and not a magic soup quick fix em. thanks for settin me straight!! that said--- day 1 of phase one-no modifications, frills or "extra-würste"
Old 07-16-2009, 11:02 AM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Note: I wrote this in your other thread and transfered it here, Janda, so it's a bit late. So glad you've decided to do a clean P1!

Time for a If you've been pretty much on plan for a long time, you can consider a modified Phase 1. But it sounds like that's not at all the case. So you need to do the real thing. Not necessarily for 2 weeks, but I'd definitely do at least one week. You need to get the sugars out of your system. Just remember how good it feels to be on the other side of Phase 1! If you haven't been exercising much, put that off until Phase 2 as a way of making things easier, okay?

Last edited by beachgal; 07-16-2009 at 11:08 AM.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:01 PM   #10  
KittyKatLady

S/C/G: 160/159/120

Height: 5'3"

The best way that I stayed on Phase 1 without cheating is by ALWAYS having your meals planned out and having snacks ready--like cut up celery, nuts, and cheese ready for emergency snacks. It really helps! My friends are very impressed at how disciplined I am with my new WOL. =) Good luck!
jlh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:18 AM   #11  

hey laurie and kittykat!! sure is time fer a buttkickin *grin* yup-preparation is everything! i just got re-inspired by checkin out the supercharged phase one menu plan. awesome!! gonna drag my behind through numerous german supermarkets on the hunt for ground turkey and lo-fat ricotta today. have been making due with the same same p1 foods. time to switch it up!