Old 07-12-2009, 09:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Default My scale won't move

It's been two weeks since I've lost any weight and I haven't cheated! I jus ate 4 piece of M&Ms because I had low blood sugar, that's it. I even run and workout more nowadays. So can anyone tell me what's wrong? This really fustrates me on how I'm working my butt off and the scale is still mean to me.

I do drink a lot more water now, could that be it? Argh, rawr, hisssss.
AngelicLyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:53 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Can you give us a better picture of what you're eating/exercise program looks like? How consistent have you been? How many calories you're consuming? Perhaps with a little more insight, we can give you some pointers.

2 weeks is really not all that long in the scope of things and perfectly normal, so do keep that in mind.

Congratulations on the weight you've lost thus far. With some patience and perhaps a tweak here and there, you'll get that scale moving downward once more.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:02 AM   #3  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I feel your pain. I've been working out more, eating well within my points range and started drinking all my water... and I've been moving up and down the same two pounds for the last two weeks. The water consumption is pretty new for me too and I've been wondering the same thing.

Last edited by Lissus; 07-13-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:23 AM   #4  

Me too! For a couple days it went down to 238, now it's back up to almost my starting weight and I had one sliver of cake. I am increasing my water intake because I've heard that when you increase exercise your muscles hold onto water.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:14 AM   #5  
agility-nut

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

I am with you guys on this. It is so frustrating!! Havent lost a pound in 2 weeks and have been exercing like a fool, eating right, lots of water. It is so demotivating for me.
Janis427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:57 AM   #6  
no more hiding

S/C/G: 296/215/160

Height: 5' 5"

I logged on this morning so I could ask for encouragmet for the very same thing! I have been floating between 233 and 230 and I really wanna see 229! This morning I am back up to 233.2. I've been there for at least 2 weeks, maybe more, I thought pulling out June's journal would be too depressing to see if I have been here any longer. This morning I just feel like I wanna quit. I am still soooo fat and 40 pounds lost doesn't even show yet! URG!

I'm glad to know there are a few of us in this boat together. We just have to keep trying casue the fat isn't gonna go away any other way!! So pick up those oars and keep paddling, the fat won't win this battle!!

I'm off to the park to walk...........................
2behealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:41 AM   #7  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Make sure you are eating all your calories--and no more.

I'm currently reading a book called The Thin Commandments by Stephen Gullo. I read the chapter last night where he talks about structure. What you eat is important, yes, but when you eat it is also vital, apparently. It's timely news for me, as I am up this week from last.

Make sure you are eating a healthy breakfast that isn't full of simple carbs. Make sure there is protein involved. Same with the mid-afternoon snack. Feed yourself well! do NOT let yourself get too hungry. This is key for me. If I am ravenous, my poor body clings to every single little calorie. Right at my tummy, too.

Last edited by Alana in Canada; 07-13-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:14 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Can you give us a better picture of what you're eating/exercise program looks like? How consistent have you been? How many calories you're consuming? Perhaps with a little more insight, we can give you some pointers.

2 weeks is really not all that long in the scope of things and perfectly normal, so do keep that in mind.

Congratulations on the weight you've lost thus far. With some patience and perhaps a tweak here and there, you'll get that scale moving downward once more.

I'm calorie counting, I average around 1000 cals a day. (I know it seems low but I'm not starving myself, I have a lot of food but the calories are just so low.) I've been eatting lean beef, chicken breast, fish and leafy greens for my meals about 3-4 times a day and for snacking I would have sugar free jello, fruit, light beefy jerky or light cheese. My carb intake is set low, about 20-35 daily but I do this because it's great for my diabetes, I don't need insulin when I keep the carbs around the 20s. I also take vitamins and drink about 1.2 gallons of water a day.

My exercise regimen is stretching for about 45 mins, 30 sit-ups, 40 push-ups and 30 jumping jacks before I start my walking/jogging for 3-5 miles. I do that 3-4 times a week.

I've been true to what I've listed above for 6 weeks now, no cheating. (Not counting the time I had low blood sugar)

It sounds good right? But the evil scale is still.. well, evil. lol

LADIES and gentlemen! This is so fustrating but don't give up! The good shall prevail over the evil scale.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 258/233/182

Height: 5'8"

Hello

I'm struggling to see a constant loss of weight too. I seem to yo-yo the same three pounds for a week or two then suddenly drop a couple of pounds. Theres another thread on here that suggested increasing the calories for a day, to trick the body, and keep the metabolism up. It worked for me, i've also started living in the bathroom..........oh I mean drinking lots of water.

I will not give up this time!
FitFabFiftyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:36 PM   #10  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

As crazy as it may seem, it sounds like you are not eating enough... If you get low enough in calories, your body can often try to preserve what it's got in case it's not going to get more in the future. I would try upping your calories to at least 1200, if not more than that - like 1400 or so.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:37 PM   #11  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitFabFiftyFive View Post
... i've also started living in the bathroom..........oh I mean drinking lots of water.
I hear ya there!! Hooray for Charmin Mega rolls or I'd be changing the paper every few hours. LOL
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:53 AM   #12  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

I just peeked at your blog - Did I read incorrectly? You've lost 45 lbs. since June 4th? That's 30 pounds a MONTH! That's DEFINITELY too fast! You lost weight from dropping your calories dangerously low, but now your body thinks it's starving and is hanging onto every single ounce.

I ran your numbers through a basal metabolic rate (BMR) calculator. Your BMR is the number of calories per day your body burns even if you just lay in bed all day. Your BMR is 1746 calories. You sound moderately active in your blog, so using the Harris-Benedict equation (see www.bmi-calculator.net), I come up with you needing to take in 2706 calories per day just to maintain your current weight. If you want to lose two pounds per week (which is the absolute max you should be losing), you will need to cut 7000 calories per week. (You have to burn 3500 calories to burn a pound of fat.) So, you need to chop out 1000 calories per day. That means you should be ingesting a minimum of 1700 calories per day.

I know that sounds like a lot, but really - slow and steady wins the race. Sure, you can lose a ton of weight quickly the wrong way, but it will come right back on - and then some. (Ask me how I know.) Study after study has shown that people who lose slowly have the best long-term prognosis for keeping it off.

Last edited by Jennelle; 07-14-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:52 AM   #13  

Thanks for the information Jenelle! To clarify the 45lbs weight loss, I started my diet when I was 260lbs, but I was 235lbs when I joined this website, started blog and keep track of everything. So I've lost 22lbs from June 4th to July 1st but the weight loss has stopped since then. I will try to eat more to see if that helps, thanks for the info ladies!
Old 07-14-2009, 05:11 AM   #14  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Definitely go for more calories. I know you say you're not starving yourself and I believe you - but your body thinks you are. 22lbs in a month says Disaster! Panic! to your body.

Congratulations on your commitment, it is impressive, puts me to shame, I've been getting lazy recently. I think now (and I speak only from imho and my experiences, not a medical pov) is the time to commit to taking it more steadily.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:42 PM   #15  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

It'll move if you pick it up and toss it out the window

Congrats on your success and good luck with your goals
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote