Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-13-2009, 03:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Two more lbs lost!

So I lost two more lbs and that's a total of nine lbs lost now. I'm really happy and I can see a difference. But this is usually where I start to slip and gain it back. Any advice on how to stay focused? I always just gradually start eating bad foods again and stop working out.
abetterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/198/145

Height: 5"1

hi kelsey
just like you, i have lost about 9lbs since i started my diet. to keep me motivated, i have started writing all my weights down on a chart on stuck it to my wardrobe near my mirror !!!!
i started by writing my starting weight and i have a picture of me in my dream outfit stuck near my weight charts.....which you can do as well if you try the website: myvirtualmodel.com.
everytime i want to eat rubbish, i just go and look at the picture and my cravings just go away....its helped me stay motivated for the past 3 weeks and i know it will continue till i reach my goal.....because this time i dont want to let myself down. i want to prove to myself that i can do it.
so can you, just keep believing in yourself and put up a picture of yourself in your dream outfit and stick a chart of your weight loss next to it and you will definitely feel motivated.
hope it helps....
want2bslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:46 PM   #3  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

Congratulations on the weight loss so far! Now go check out the "Chicks up for a Challenge" thread, there are monthly exercise challenges and weight loss challenges. Set goals for the month and stick with it. This will help give you some accountability.

If your feeling unmotivated, go check out the goals reached or the photo album threads. I have a couple of specific people who I've bookmarked as being especially inspirational to me if I'm having a "why bother" spell.

I guess I have a very "now or never" mentality right now. I'm over 40 now. It's gotten a lot harder to lose weight than it was 10 years ago. And immeasurably harder than it was 20 years ago. So I have to take it off and KEEP it off this time!
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Congratulations!! I've read here that 10 pounds is a size, so maybe you could motivate toward one more pound, and a little treat in a new size!
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:57 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Well for one coming here is the best- I have lost and gained so many times and 3FC is the only thing that doesn't make me give up! Well besides my own determination but before I would have been upset with the slow loss and gone off track and gained more weight.

Try changing up your foods so you get a good variety and I guess keep telling yourself you can do it! It's a lifestyle change- not a temporary diet. That's not to say you'll never enjoy a cheeseburger or ice cream ever again- but that it's more of a treat and not an everyday food.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW193/See Ticker/128

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations!!!

The only advice I have is to keep doing what you are doing. Motivation, I think, is always a very personal thing so you may need to revisit your goals and why you started this in the first place. For me, visiting this site gives me countless ways to stay motivated. The trials and tribulations, the success stories, the fact that I am not alone. It is just a great place for encouragement.

You can do it!!
Niecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

keep yourself motivated by telling yourself you are going to push past that point. I am experiencing the SAME THING. And the idea that I am an explorer trying to gain territory keeps me motivated. You are challenging yourself to go beyond where you went before.

keep doing the same thing. You most likely are not eating maintenance so you will continue to lose...hang in there. You can do it!

also, I don't like the term "bad food" There's healthy food choices and not so healthy. But if you want a cookie, I would learn how to incorporate it into your diet now so you don't decide to drop your "healthy lifestyle" because you feel it and cookies or treats don't mix.

I am a HUGE advocate of having a little of something you normally binge on so you won't obsess over it.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:21 PM   #8  

Everyones posts here have been really encouraging. They are all great ideas and I think I will totally do that dream outfit thing. And it is a lifestyle change so I shouldn't really call ig "bad" food, I don't really deprive myself either of the sweets I just have been fitting them within my calories for the day. It's hush in the past I would have that why bother attitude and slip. But with all this great advice I think I could push further to my goals. Thanks everyone!
Old 07-13-2009, 05:31 PM   #9  

Oh yeah I didn't mean to say it's "hush" in the past I meant to say "just" in the past. I was typing on my phone it's challenging to do sometimes. sorry!