Old 07-13-2009, 11:37 AM   #1  
Walk By Faith †

S/C/G: 269.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy Discouraged....

Ok....so I am really feeling unmotivated and discouraged. I havent lost anything in a week!! I am staying OP. We even went to the Renissance Festival yesterday and resisted all the yummy temptations!!! Im trying to look at the big picture...but am having a hard time!! I have to WI tonight and I know I should be drinking my water...but I really wanna see a loss!!
Dedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 171/160.8/130

Height: 5'2

But you are doing so awesome!!
I feel that way sometimes and I am NO WHERE near what you have accomplished. I just wait til in the morning and after my morning walk I feel so much better and so much more empowered by what I am doing for myself.
You should drink your water cause if you dont your body will hold it anyways. Just drink all you can and stop an hour and a half before you weigh. You should have expelled the excess by then.
Keep going girl!
asherdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:58 AM   #3  
Walk By Faith †

Thanks. I just dont know why I am feeling like this today
Old 07-13-2009, 12:15 PM   #4  
Start 8/5/12

S/C/G: 205/138/130

Height: 5'4

Oh, hon! We all get like this sometimes. It's just a down day. Keep your head up! Look how much you've already lost! That's just amazing and it's inspiring for me to keep going. =)
CandieRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #5  

Just keep reminding yourself it will pass. Its just temporary. Think of how wonderful and confident you will feel when you reach your goal. Daydream of all the cute clothes you will be buying. If you havent done so already set some goals and rewards for yourself. It will give you something to look foward to and encouragement to keep going.
Mine are
160lbs: Cute Nike Sports Watch
150: New boots.
140: New sassy glasses. (I hardly ever wear my contacts.)
130: Hair cut/color and new clothes!

You will feel better soon.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:58 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

We all go through it- sometimes I go "I wish I could eat noral again" and realize what I did before was NOT normal...

I found taking a break from calorie counting or just take a day off from exercise and just relaxing really helped. Specially when I filled that time doing something I wanted to do- like playing with my pets and spending time with my hubby
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:04 PM   #7  
BeyondmyHSjeans

S/C/G: 320/320/235

Height: 5' 7"

This means that the big shed might be coming. As long as you are doing what u are supposed to do then you know you are in the green.
Beyondmyhsjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:36 PM   #8  
Walk By Faith †

I hope so....I just really wanna see the number on the scale go down. I dont know why I am so fixated on the numbers...after I WI today (in about 40 minutes..eek!!) I am going to stay loyal to drinking this water.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:41 PM   #9  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedge View Post

Ok....so I am really feeling unmotivated and discouraged. I havent lost anything in a week!! I am staying OP. We even went to the Renissance Festival yesterday and resisted all the yummy temptations!!! Im trying to look at the big picture...but am having a hard time!! I have to WI tonight and I know I should be drinking my water...but I really wanna see a loss!!
Keep up the good fight, you're going to see a loss soon.... promise. One thing I would do when this would happen was think of it like my body's way of saying "how badly do you want this? do you want it badly enough to wait it out?" and I would take it like a competition..... with myself.... like "heck yes, I want this!" and soon enough, there would be a loss. The other thing; where were you at the last time you weighed this weight? Could there be something holding you there? Go back to that time when you were at that weight.... what were you struggling with? Anything you need to "let go of?" Anything that may be a mental block? Write it out.... just sit down and write. See what comes out.
namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:24 PM   #10  
Walk By Faith †

I honestly dont know the last time I weighed this. I WI today...and still the same!!! I am so dissapointed....but at least it isnt a gain....better go fill up my cup of water....*sigh*
Old 07-13-2009, 07:59 PM   #11  

Height: 5'5

I'm sure its just a plateu and remember those are good things it means the fat cells are losing and resorting to holding onto water! Fight the good fight and you will WIN!!!
thelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Going through the same thing, just want to see a loss but the number changes when it is darn well ready and not one second before. I helped a friend move yesterday and we all went out to a pizza buffet afterwards. I just wanted to eat what everyone else was eating. I didn't want to fuss and ask for special requests because I was fat and dieting. Well, my kids were protesting. Mom, stay strong, eat at the salad bar. There were no protein options, so I thought there was my out. My friend took up the protest and asked them to make a special request of 4 oz of chicken breast. They had chicken they used on their pizza so they cooked a bunch of chopped up chicken for my salad! Without that help, I probably would have eaten whatever.
All I can say is what is echoing through my own head today. My current loss is great but it is only the beginning. I could give up now or I can continue. My choice. I want to get to my goal. I will battle this plataue and it is only temporary. Normal will still be there when we are at goal. And by then we just might know what normal eating is!
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:49 PM   #13  
Walk By Faith †

So true... )
Its just hard. But...I cant give up I am almost 1/2 way to goal...but... days like today really make me wanna go get some Dairy Queen! hehehehe
Old 07-13-2009, 08:57 PM   #14  

Aww you just had to say it. DQ!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:18 PM   #15  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

Hang in there you are doing great. You have lost soooooooooo much already. Just think how much better you already feel and how much better you can feel. Go do something nice for yourself. Pedicure, quiet walk, read a good book.

Started MRC 5/9/09
rip is offline   Reply With Quote