View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #6
CountingDown
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

We attend a United Methodist Church (I grew up UCC and DH grew up Baptist). We LOVE our church family.

Why do we attend?

Faith is meant to be lived out in community. While I certainly am able to be a Christian without attending church, being part of a church family is important. We do truly love each other and surround each other with prayers and support.

We have a wonderful church family. Each and every one of us has our issues. Not one of us is perfect. I struggle with folk that say they don't attend because they don't like how Christians behave. Being a Christian doesn't make us magically perfect. We still struggle with temptations and behave in ways that are not always Christ-like. We are all GROWING in our faith, and it is a journey - much like our weight loss journey is.

Our congregation is a very AWESOME group of folk. We have so many members that have come to us after trying out other churches. They felt like outsiders because they were "different" than the majority of the members.

We have people from all walks of life, all age groups, all income levels, etc. We are a diverse group, but together, we can do so much more than we can separately!

Like being at 3FC is a blessing because traveling this weight loss journey alone would be much more difficult, being a part of my church family gives me support and love and an opportunity to grow and share with others.

Our church vison statement pretty much sums it up, "Growing In God’s Grace, Sharing Christ’s Love - Together."

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God, and that you are not your own? ICor 6:19
My Pictorial Journey " " My Goal Story

Last edited by CountingDown; 07-11-2009 at 05:47 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote