Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 11:58 AM   #1  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default Yeah, I know you're doing it for yourself but...

Ok, I know we're all losing weight for ourselves. I mean it's the standard line. But c'mon, there's always a couple of other reasons you're doing it. Yes, they're not the ones that last but sometimes, they are the ones that get me to aerobics class or reviberate in my head when I really want 12 oreos.

Mine are:

-I'm an avid social dancer (ballroom, contra, a little swing) and whenever I get to an new dance, NO ONE wants to dance with me. I'm the fat girl, I wouldn't be able to keep up, I probably get breathless when I dance. Who wants to dance with someone who no fun to dance with (nevermind I'm a great dancer and I have more stamina than you can shake a stick at). So, I'd like to go to a dance and have my pick of the men. And say no to all those men who didn't pick me when I was fat. HA!

-My boyfriend's ex-girlfriend. We see her a couple times a year. She's a tiny little thing (and a great dancer). She's cordial enough but gets jealous whenever people pay attention to me instead of her. I'd like to encourage that jealousy (I know! Who knew I was so petty!!).

So there are MY evil plans, what about yours?
Old 11-04-2002, 02:32 PM   #2  

Hee-Hee...I love evil plans!

Okay...here's a few of my evil thoughts:

Most of my evil thoughts and plans have ppl in them..ppl that I must see..ppl that I will go out of my way to see...to show em.

1. Ex husband
2.Ex husband family
3. Ex husbands ex girlfriend who used to annoy the **** out of me when we were together
4. Ex husbands current girlfriend, the one I introduced her to him a long time ago!
5. My skinny petite cousin who has always just been so darn cute
6. My ex boyfriend from high school who told me my thighs were too big when I broke up with him.
7. A few stuck girls from high school.

Ah...the list goes on.

Old 11-04-2002, 05:35 PM   #3  
hot mom wanna be!

Default Oooh I love this!

OK- the list:

1. Hate getting on the scale at the doctors office and see their shock/pity at my weight.
2. Sick of not being able to shop at most of the stores in the mall.
3. Used to hate seeing myself in pictures. It's getting better the smaller I get.
4. Want to be able to date and have my choice of guys not worrying if anyone would want to go out with me.
5. To make my soon to be exhusband jealous as ****.
6. And to make his girlfriend jealous too! She is heavy but just a little smaller than me. (Not for long!)
7. Not having to worry about booths, small chairs, movie theater seats, rides at amusement parks.
8. last but not least....to live longer and see my son grow up and have his own family, etc...

I can go on forever!
laura
Old 11-04-2002, 10:41 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hmmmm...evil.

I would love to see a certain ex-boyfriend and have him falling all over himself as I walk away with my husband

I would also like to WOW my husband's softball team!
Old 11-05-2002, 04:22 PM   #5  

I want see me in the pics...NOT my double chin.

I want to float in my male friends coats..when they give them to me to wear cause am cold.

I want to wear a mans pair of boxers and feel sexy.

Ahhhhh...love these threads.

Old 11-05-2002, 05:55 PM   #6  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

hmmm...lately, these types of threads have been doing nothing but depressing me. I think it's because I've been feeling like I can't do this, that I'll never be thin, that I'll never have the body I want.

I just want to go into a store and buy whatever I want without regard to "does it make my *** look big?" or "does my stomach stick out too much?" or "can you see my tremendous saddlebags?"
Old 11-05-2002, 08:04 PM   #7  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

ditto Jennelle - DITTO!

I was doing so well - and I know what I'm doing now is stupid.. so why? I wouldn't speed in front of a cop, I wouldn't stick my hand in a open flame, I wouldn't let my 2 year play in the street - so what do I put chocolate in my mouth when I know it will not help me reach my goal? I know it will not make my healthy! and I know it will not make me happy 5 minutes later - why do I do this?

Dana
Old 11-06-2002, 07:55 AM   #8  

Wow, Dana, for some reason you really struck a note with me. I guess we stick that chocolate in our mouths because of habit, or stress, or boredom ... I find it often has to do with just having that taste in my mouth. If that's the case, then just one tiny bite should do (we've been through this before -- see the thread on spitting it out!).

Okay, back to the subject. I used to have fantasies much like the ones mentioned -- running into old friends. I don't seem to have those much anymore. I guess there's no one I care about impressing all that much! BUT ... We're getting ready to have three different guests in the next two months - tomorrow, my daughter's godfather is coming to visit ... he lives in the Northeast and we haven't seen him for almost 6 years. I take some satisfaction in knowing that I'm 50+ pounds lighter than then, but still, I'm uncomfortable with the thought that I'm still quite fat. And the same goes for the other two guests: an old friend of mine I haven't seen for 7 or 8 years, and my husband's old friend we haven't seen for 6 or 7 years. I'm probably 20 pounds or so heavier than then, but still ... It makes me embarrassed.

So, ultimately, I'd like not to have to think about these things!

Pen
265/218.5/150ish
Old 11-06-2002, 11:35 AM   #9  

I too, love these threads!

1. I want to be able to go to my 10 year high school reunion and be the same size as I was back then. My favorite movie, Gross Pointe Blank, Joan Cusack says something like, everyone from high school is exactly the same, they just swelled. I want to be the one who didn't swell.
2. I don't want to be the token fat chick in my best friends wedding later this month. (I don't think I will anymore, I think that I am looking pretty darned good)
3. I want my husbands friends to describe me the way they do some of the other wifes without using the phrase, she'd be cute if she lost a few pounds.
4. I want to shop where ever I want
Old 11-06-2002, 11:53 AM   #10  

I want to *jump* out of the car...not struggle.

Old 11-06-2002, 02:37 PM   #11  

Denise!! ME TOO! I have a 10 year in 2004 and I really really want to be the one that didn't swell. I was chunky in high school but still thin by my current weight. I e-mailed a high school friend a picture and she said, "Wow, you've changed a lot. If you wanted down the street I wouldn't recognize you." I translated it to, "Wow, you got fat."
I want to wear a great retro rockabilly dress to the reunion and people have to ask who I am. hee hee!
Old 11-07-2002, 04:36 PM   #12  
Long Time Member

Jennelle and Dana - I feel your pain. I'm in a slump too. I hate this. But I keep trying...well...I keep acting like I'm trying...I keep thinking that I am am going to start trying...and then I just eat some more.

Somebody stop me!! Do people still get their mouths wired shut?
Old 11-07-2002, 06:44 PM   #13  

When I was a teenager, I worked for a dentist as their babysitter. He wired his wife's mouth shut so she would lose weight. It was incredibly creepy. She had to keep a pair of wire cutters in her pocket because so many people die of vomit asphyxiation with a wired mouth. Eeek!

However, have you tried prescription drug Meridia (http://www.4meridia.com/)? I was on it for about three months (and took off 40 pounds, and only regain only 7 over the past two years off it). The great thing about it was it works my sending your brain signals that you're full way earlier than normal. It gave me a super sense of being satiated. That's a feeling I wasn't familiar with before and it totally helped me regain control. It's not like other drugs where it pumps you up with stimulants or tries to speed up your metabolism. I really liked it. It's very expensive though. (when I took it, it was $98 for a month's supply).
Old 11-08-2002, 11:58 AM   #14  
Long Time Member

Well I did try it, right after I had Jacob, and you are right, it took away all my cravings, it was awesome. But I didn't stay on it very long because around 5:00 every night, my mood would suddenly cahnge and I would become a royal b***h. Didn't like that at all.

I have thought about trying it again, but I think they took it off the market.

I am doing ok today. I know I need to just get off my butt and do this thing. period.
Old 11-08-2002, 02:13 PM   #15  

It is definately NOT off the market.

But that is a totally bizarre (and not to mention, unpleasant) side effect. I'm sorry babe.
Closed Thread