Old 07-10-2009, 12:22 PM   #1  
Walk By Faith †

S/C/G: 269.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'7"

Question Increasing your water....

I am trying to drink AT LEAST 120 oz a day. I am finding it rather difficult. I have learned that drinking with a straw does help. But I wondered if anyone has any tips that has helped them increase their water intake.

Hope you have a great day!!
Dedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:24 PM   #2  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

I drink tea with lemon in it, tastes great and, as long as you don't add any milk or cream to it, it is good for you.

You could also try something like crystal light. Flavoured water is always much easier to drink.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:31 PM   #3  
Walk By Faith †

I can only have tea if its decaf
Old 07-10-2009, 12:36 PM   #4  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

at MRC it doesnt count as water if you add ANYTHING to it, including lemon wedge or crystal light...so, you can have your crystal light, but you STILL have to get in your 120 oz, or whatever amount they told you to drink.....
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5

At our MRC, they only "require" the 64 oz be plain water...so I think if you are having trouble getting fluids over and above that it would be fine to add some lemon or lime slices, berries are really good too. Other water add-ins I've seen cucumbers, ginger root...

My trick is that I have one of those 3 liter water bottles that I refill each night and leave in my fridge. Everytime I go fill up my glass I fill from that bottle. I don't have to constantly think of how much water I am drinking but I can visually keep track each time I fill up. When I am at school I have liter bottle that I do the same thing with. This is especially important to me because I only like ice cold water

Your doing awesome dredge so just keep up the good work!!!
thelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/178/130

Height: 5'3"

Lish- That is a great idea! Where did you find a 3 liter bottle???
lookingforaloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:49 PM   #7  
Walk By Faith †

I have a 32 oz cup that I use, i know i need to drink 4 of them. But the bottle thing is a great idea. I thought the 64 was straight water..and you can have crystal light or what not above that...but i just feel almost full of water. Hmmm. Great ideas guys! I try to drink 64 in the morning and 64 in the afternoon. Any other tips or ideas i would be glad to hear them
Old 07-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 171/160.8/130

Height: 5'2

I know this is kinda weird but...
I have a Camelbak water bottle that is Hot Pink (see through) that holds about 30oz. It has the flip up straw type thingy that you bite down on a bit and suck for the water to come out. Its like drinking trough a straw but much prettier. Makes me feel like I am stylishly drinking my water. lol.
And it has a little hook thing that I can crick my finger into and carry it around... I think its a caribeaner(sp) hook?
Heck Ill just post a pic!
Four of my fav things: My water bottle(its actually a much brighter/deeper pink than whats in the pic), My HNS, My MRC Notebook/Journal, and my basset puppy Roscoe Brown (under the table).

Last edited by asherdwn; 07-10-2009 at 02:45 PM.
asherdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:35 PM   #9  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

I fill up 8 17OZ (actually 16.0 oz. bottles of water each night and put them in my fridge. I take 5 to work to drink throughout the day and have the remaining ones in the evening. As I am done with each bottle I just throw it in my bag that I carry then refill each night. If I notice that I am slacking on the water I just guzzle one done. Some days I am actually filling up onee that I already emptied. What I hate the most is waking up the middle of the night having to pee so bad I could scream and not being able to do the treadmill for more than 30 minutes at a time because I have to go to the bathroom. Also at night after my middle of the night restroom break I drink an 8oz glass of water and go back to bed. One thing for sure, when the alarm goes off in the morning I am right out of bed...can't wait to get to the restroom.

Started MRC 5/9/09
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:40 PM   #10  

Height: 5'5

the 3 liter bottle is actually one I found at walmart in the bottle water area. Once I used the water I just kept filling it up.
thelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 176.5/170.5/155

Height: 5'4

The best thing that I have found is Sonic ice. I love their ice. I'll get a large cup in the morning (32oz) then one in the evening. that's not even counting the water I put in it occasionally, especially while I'm at the gym. I used to think 64 oz was a lot, and 120 was crazy. But now, it's really not a problem.
ladee2no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Hello Everyone...I have missed you....I got so busy with work and all, that I just didn't have time to post..I have so much to catch up on.

There are days I can drink water with no problems, but lately, I just have a hard time getting all of the water in one day. I like to put a lemon slice in it...I do fix a 32 oz. jug of water with ice and drink it on the way to work, and refill it when I get to work, but there is still ice in the jug, so I'm not sure how much I really drink because of the ice. Maybe I should stop with the ice and just put my jug in the refrigerator at night and not worry about the ice. I do know it is hard to drink very cold water very fast, so maybe I need to give the other a try. I do use a straw, because I think I drink it faster that way....not sure if it's all in my head or it's an actual fact.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:22 AM   #13  
Walk By Faith †

I dont think the straw thing is in your head, because I am the same way. I drink way more if I have a straw. I have noticed that on days I have to WI I dont drink as much, I need to forget about that and drink drink drink!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:16 PM   #14  

Buy a great waterbottle, make it an investment (then you will use it). I add cucumber slices and lemon to my water. I was told by a nutritionist that this will clean you from the inside out. It makes the water more refreshing and doesn't add calories. I also always use a straw and ice! I was told by this same nutritionist to drink half of your weight (in ounces).... so if you weigh 180 pounds, you would need to drink 90 ounces of water. Works for me!

Highest weight 209#
Today's weight 142#
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:21 PM   #15  
Walk By Faith †

I'll have to look around for a nice, cute waterbottle. Makes sense to invest in something!! Especially if its cute and I can show it off!