Height: 5'5

Default July Video Game Challenge

Continued from here!!!

How's the gaming going everyone??
vertigoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

I haven't worked out in a week. I am disappointed in myself. The Wii is going to yell at me! =P It's been kind of a vacation week for me, since I don't actually get a real vacation. Back to kicking butt and taking names! I think I'm going to work up a sweat with Cardio Boxing tonight!
Old 07-03-2009, 04:07 PM   #3  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

doing well. Been taking it a bit easy this week on the exercise as my back has been acting up again, but keeping my diet on track, and the weight's coming off
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:58 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Yay! I had been taking the week off from exercise but I think I may start back up tomorrow . I love my Wii Fit!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #5  
Resident Pixie

Okay so today I broke my week of no exercise after just 3 days of it. So far, I have done 30 minutes of Advanced Step on the Wii Fit. Has anyone else noticed that the length is actually 4 minutes and not 5? I am just curious why it credits 5 minutes. Anyone?
Old 07-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #6  
video game junkie

I haven't quite figured that out yet myself, maybe it has something to do with the intensity?

I did 10 minutes of free step yesterday and it registered as 10 minutes, but then I did 10 minutes of free run, and got credited with 20. *shrug*
Old 07-04-2009, 05:33 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

30 minutes of expert rhythm boxing done with for today
Old 07-05-2009, 09:50 PM   #8  
apb
I'm trying.

S/C/G: 293/250/168

Height: 5' 9''

Has anyone else found themselves using the Wii Fit as nothing more than a gloried scale? I started doing about 15 minutes a day but now I use it once a week to track my progress (which is awesome) but nothing else
apb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:12 PM   #9  

Hi all! I joined a while back but have really slacked off until lately. I realized that when July 1st hit, that over half of the year was gone and I was still in the same sad shape I was in when this year started. Not only that, but all of those New Year's resolutions hadn't been kept either, so I purchased the EA Sports Active game for the Wii and have started doing the 30 day challenge. I am currently on day 5 and using the ''easy'' setting since I am very out of shape. I've also been trying to use the wii fit and I love Leslie Sansone's walk away the pounds DVDs.

Surely I can get through a 30 day time frame. I usually give up after a few weeks, but I am motivated to try this, as I can already tell a small (ok, very small) difference in my arms.

I wish they would combine some features from the Wii fit and EA Active Sports. I wish the EA Active would incorporate some step routine that wasnt so cartoony as the Wii fit. Maybe it does eventually, but so far it hasnt. I also wish the dance sections on the EA Active would actually be DANCE sessions and not just standing there moving your arms to the arrows pointed on the screen. That isnt dancing in my opinion, but I still like it. I also wish the EA Active let you put in a password to keep your profile secret in case others (or my husband) couldnt click on my profile and see how much I weigh. I keep taking the CD out and hiding it from him so he can't find out.

The wii fit is great cause it lets you weigh yourself, has the password feature, and the step routines. But I think it is too cartoon like. It would be better if it had trainers like EA Active does. It also needs some more choices.

I purchased the Gold's Gym, but I do not like it. Does anyone know of any other workout games for Wii that offer more step aerobics or other cardio choices?
fourangelsmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:46 PM   #10  
video game junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by apb View Post
Has anyone else found themselves using the Wii Fit as nothing more than a gloried scale? I started doing about 15 minutes a day but now I use it once a week to track my progress (which is awesome) but nothing else
I've been focusing more on the EA Active workout, but I always hop on the WiiFit to keep track of my progress. I do use the free run and free step, but as far as the exercises, I've been using it less and less and choosing more challenging exercises
Old 07-06-2009, 09:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 208.6/185/160

Height: 5'7"

I am still here plugging away. I failed my first 30 day challenge on the EASA miserably so I might start antoehr one. It's been so busy getting the school year wrapped for the kids. I know, excuses, excuses lol. but here I am back and more motivated than ever.
Hlthgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:57 AM   #12  
video game junkie

Hlthgrl.... I failed my first 30 day too. I only had two workouts left and ended up with stomach issues again the last couple days and haven't finished.

Anyone else end up with stomach problems since changing to healthier eating and exercise? Mines been acting up quite often the last two months, and I'm trying to figure out if there's a pattern.

I dont have health insurance right now, so cant go talk to the doc about it, but when I got a full physical before I got laid off they said they think I might be becoming lactose intolerant (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ), this time I know it's not milk that set it off, but perhaps it could have been the pork chop I had on the 4th. I didn't overeat, and had lots of veggies, the only thing out of the norm was pasta salad, and I went easy on the mayo, but I suppose even that little bit could have contributed.

I've got to try and figure this out, because dealing with two days of "stomach distress" for just one meal just isn't gonna fly.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:08 PM   #13  
video game junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourangelsmommie View Post
I wish they would combine some features from the Wii fit and EA Active Sports. I wish the EA Active would incorporate some step routine that wasnt so cartoony as the Wii fit. Maybe it does eventually, but so far it hasnt. I also wish the dance sections on the EA Active would actually be DANCE sessions and not just standing there moving your arms to the arrows pointed on the screen. That isnt dancing in my opinion, but I still like it. I also wish the EA Active let you put in a password to keep your profile secret in case others (or my husband) couldnt click on my profile and see how much I weigh. I keep taking the CD out and hiding it from him so he can't find out.

The wii fit is great cause it lets you weigh yourself, has the password feature, and the step routines. But I think it is too cartoon like. It would be better if it had trainers like EA Active does. It also needs some more choices.

I purchased the Gold's Gym, but I do not like it. Does anyone know of any other workout games for Wii that offer more step aerobics or other cardio choices?
fourangelsmommy... I set up a custom workout on the EA with ALL the dance exercises. It really doesn't teach you to dance, or really feel much like dance at all.. UNLESS.. you mute the TV and put on music and just sort of dance and try to keep in rhythm with the steps.
I've completly stopped listening to the Wii and EA when I work out now,(after a while you KNOW what they're gonna say anyways), and I do my workouts to some motivational music and just mute the tv. I find I get a much much better workout that way. I put more "ooomph" into the movements, and end up "dancing" (or as reasonable facsimilie to dance as this rhythmless headbanger gurl can muster. LOL) in between the different exercises. Plus it makes it go by faster and it's WAY more fun.

I haven't tried Gold's Gym, but a lot of people in the older video game challenge threads have really given good reviews to My Fitness Coach, and I may go rent it just to check it out. Might be worth a shot for you too.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:56 PM   #14  

chunkychic - I never noticed that it records 5 minutes instead of 4. Is the workout 4 minutes & some odd seconds? Maybe it rounds up?

fourangelsmommie - Why don't you like Gold's Gym?

I wish they would come up with a little program to link all of these games together, on a bigger calender or something. Wii Fit, EA Active, & Gold's all have their own individual calenders, but I wish there was a community one so I could see what all I did on each day & such, without going to each individual game.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #15  

Interesting, if anyone was wondering.

I found the EA Sports Active Forum. People on there were discussing the length of laps for the track. They figured it out to be about 16 laps on the track makes a mile. Approximately, of course, since you're running in place it's a bit different. But that gives you an estimate.