Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 10:06 AM   #1  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Christian Encouragers #157

Hello! If you want to be encouraged and supported during your weight loss journey then this is the place to be. We pray for each other during the hard times and praise for each other when the times are going well.

YOU are welcome to join us!
Old 10-31-2002, 10:14 AM   #2  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning Everyone!

I am finally coming down from the excitement of moving. I still have a schedule to keep here so that helps a lot. Things are slowly falling into place. I was really worried about finding a replacement for a job I do for the Christian School because it is quite specialized. But, there are already 2 possibilities for replacement. God is good!

I have been so busy that eating in between meals isn't a problem right now. Maybe some poundage will be gone through all this. DH starts his new job on Monday so I'll be cooking for 1 during the week. It'll be lonely but he'll come home on weekends so I can handle it.

Sue: I'm so sorry for the loss of your cousin. That is so tragic. I know of a couple of people who have died that way and it's such a shock. I'll be praying for you and the family.

Gutchie: Great to "see" you again and doing so well too. Keep up the good work. It's nice to hear that it's still Autumn in Ontario. Here in Manitoba it's winter. We have a bit of snow on the ground but the temp. has been consistantly at -10C at night. Hopefully that won't last too long or it'll be a long winter.

Hello to everyone else. Where are you?
Old 10-31-2002, 04:34 PM   #3  
Quit counting at 45!

Default New thread!!!

bringing to the top
Old 11-02-2002, 12:07 AM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry Saturday Night

HELLO UN-POSTERS!!!! Where are you? I am also to blame as I see it has been a week almost since I posted. Had a birthday for nephew, Halloween and church meetings for my excuses
Godschild-- I know things must still be rough for your family--a good marraige is hard to come by without all the "other stuff". Wilma-- how exciting with the new move and all-- you are certain to have the Lord's blessings in this-- how wonderfull to be near family. Joanne, congrats on the 3.2 loss!! Sue I am so sorry for your bil cousin-- how sad. I will pray for your comfort and the family. Sami-- and ZOE where are you two?
I made cheese enchiladas tonight so I am a hero to the nephew!!! He really loved them--me too-- however, my high chlosterol didn't--ouch.
Well, just wanted to say hi-- big day tomorrow with all the stuff going on--plus the DD is coming home from school tonight for a day--I sure miss her. I got the 21 yr son and 12 yr nephew to keep me company plus the step-D stops by from time to time and it seems like my son's friends are always here from college or on leave from the armed services--please pray for them as their time is coming soon I fear to fight for our country-- so young it truly is a sad time for America-- God Bless us All--Gary
Old 11-02-2002, 10:19 AM   #5  

Angry Newcomer

Hi All!

My name is Janie and I've not been here for quite sometime. I am friends with Joanne. I'd like to join you all, if you'll have a southern gal from Tennessee. No doubt that there is nothing that can get us thru this but God above!

I'm at the highest weight I've ever been! I'm doing Weight Watchers but haven't been really consistent with it though. I, like so many others am a stress eater!!! I've been under lots of job stress the last several months. Haven't lost an ounce of my 251 lbs even though i've been on WW for 12 weeks.

I would appreciate your prayers and support! We're coming up on the holidays! Talk about major stress! But I've got to deal with my job stuff first!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Hugs and blessings,
Janie
Old 11-03-2002, 07:46 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Hi Ladies

We are posting on 156 and 157-- make up my mind -Gary
Old 11-03-2002, 08:31 PM   #7  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

I guess no one knew this was here. For me, I only go by my email alerts. Maybe we need to post an ending post that says:

STOP!!! GO TO #157

Old 11-03-2002, 08:33 PM   #8  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Ok, so here is what I posted on #156

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoe
Good Sunday Morning ~ I'm home from church this morning, sick, sick, sick. I had gotten the flu last Jan or Feb, the first time I even had a sniffle in years and years. Well, I am wondering now if my body has lost some of it's fighting power because now, I have a cold and my head is splitting. I decided to sleep until I woke, rather than set the alarm. Well, I slept too late and I suppose that's probable best.

I had me weigh in yesterday and lost another 1.6 lbs for a grand total of 21.2 in the last 2 or so months. I am really feeling good.

I hope that everyone is doing well. Hello to all of you. I don't have the energy to address everyone personally but Sue, my prayers are with you for your cousin/friend. I will be back soon.

Love in Christ,
Zoe <><
Old 11-03-2002, 08:40 PM   #9  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Default Me again.....

Ok, so I'm back.....I just wanted to say hi now to y'all ~ now that we're all on the same thread.

Gary ~ Your enchiladas made me want some. I made these great quesadillas that were also (can you believe) healthy. Mix together black beans and a fire-roasted salsa. Spread some on a flour tortilla, add 1/4c light Mexican style cheese and top with another tortilla. Grill for a few minutes and turn over and grill the other side......yum!!

Janie ~ You've come the the right place for support and prayer. I have been doing WW for the last 8 weeks AGAIN. I've been off and on for years. Something 'clicked' this time and I've lost 21.2 lbs in almost 2 months. I finally asked God to help me with this part of my life. Just keep looking up.....He's there for you and so are we.

Hi to everyone else.....gotta run. This cold is awful.

In Christ,
Zoe <><
Old 11-03-2002, 09:23 PM   #10  

Default Hello Janie

Welcome back

Ok, now we're all back on 157 !

God Bless!

Weigh in is tomorrow, fingers crossed, Halloween candy has been too good

Sister Joanne
Old 11-03-2002, 10:30 PM   #11  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi! How's everyone doing tonight? DH left to drive down so he could start his new job tomorrow. It's going to be quiet around here for a while. DS is coming home next weekend with 3or 4 friends so I have something to look forward to..

I weighed in this morning and the scale showed a loss of 4 lbs. YAHHHH! I think it's all this stress of moving that's causing it. My stomach has been uptight and I feel nausious. Things have calmed down a bit and now are waiting to hear what kind of a house we can afford before we look. then the fun begins. I am so looking forward to buying a house.

Gutchie: Hope your weigh in goes well!

Zoe: I sure hope you're feeling better soon. Way to go on the loss again. You are my inspiration.

Janie: Welcome! We hope you find the support you need here. I know I do!

Gary: All those kids are keeping you out of trouble right? Or at least keeping you young How's the nephew doing these days. Haven't heard lately so he must be getting into less trouble.

Hope you all have a wonderful day! I have tomorrow off so I'm heading to town to have lunch with a friend. Looking forward to it.
Old 11-03-2002, 11:11 PM   #12  

I am back I am back!!!!!!!!!! our computer was hit with a virus and I have tried and tried to get back on line and it would not let me. I would email to get reset and it still wouldn't go through. It is late and I am dead tried so this will be quick. Wilma I am so happy for you I know God has something great in mind for you. And Ez thanks for missing me. I remember you Jamie61 and glad to see you back I am in the same boat so maybe together we will have something good to report. Zoe mexican is my all time favorite!!!!!!!!! Sue so sorry for you loss. I am keeping all of you in my prayers.
Sami
Old 11-04-2002, 10:21 AM   #13  
Quit counting at 45!

Sami: I missed you! It's so good to have you back.

I was thinking this morning about all the changes in my life right now. Experiencing empty nest and maybe having a full nest in spring when we move to the city. Moving to the city!!!! One thing that is constant in my life is my DH and my God. God knows what's best for us and is there each step of the way no matter what our circumstances in life. I am going to be leaving behind some very good friends and that saddens me even though I know I will see them again. Another constant is knowing that when I hook up this computer in my new home you will be there waiting for me. Thanks so much!!

Enough of the teary stuff. I am so emotional right now I seem to tear up at the drop of a hat. But my thoughts are sincere. I need each one of you and am glad you are here for me.

That's enough for now!!
Old 11-04-2002, 06:51 PM   #14  

Wilma we are here for you. I know what you mean about changes. Change is hard. But your right God is here and he is in control! It will be diffrent living in the city but you are so nice and I know you will make a lot of new friends and settle in. And just think your DH will be happier also with his job. Will your kids live with you when you move to the City? With 6 kids I can't even think that far ahead to the empty nest days! A BIG [[[[HUG]]]].

My Boss quit so my work load is heavy. So pray that my new boss is someone I like to work with. (a christian would be nice!)
Blessing to all I will post again soon!!!!!!
Sami
Old 11-04-2002, 08:32 PM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry Monday Night

HI LADIES- Looks like everyone is starting off the week posting-- keep it up!! Sounds like some of you need a little extra support this week--- NO PROBLEM
JANIE - Welcome, you were here before me so you don't know who I am-- you are the lucky one I am looking forward to getting to know you.
ZOE So sorry to hear you are sick-- it sure isn't a good feeling is it? the flu. I haven't been sick in a long time either--knock on wood. We also love quesadillas here-- cheese, chicken, beef-- any way is good. 21.2 pounds is awesome girl
JOANNE- Hey you - stay away from that candy it is good to hear from you .
WILMA- My nephew is doing pretty good- thanks for asking. The 4 pound loss is super I am dancing for you. The move you are going to make is going to be a good thing!! No more tears-- unless they are of joy--okie-dokie?
SAMI-- Yipee-Yipee you are back! A computer virus is much more better than a virus for you. If mine had one my wife would have to fix it-- me know nothing!! I will pray for a great boss for you!!
Well the wife is calling for supper-- eggplant parmesan-- pretty good.
Take care of yourselves!! He Loves us all-Gary
Closed Thread