Old 07-08-2009, 09:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/205/140

Height: 5ft 7in

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Wednesday 07/08

Gooooooood Morning!!

Just a quick hello....I'll check back in later!!

Happy HUMP day!!
KimikoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:37 AM   #2  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default Good Morning!

Hi KimikoD!

Happy Hump Day indeed.

Last night DH and I had our date. I felt victorious over food and drink!! We went to a local place similar to Olive Garden. I had a pasta alfredo type dish with chicken and a glass of red wine. I ate half of my entree and didn't finish the wine. I drank two big glasses of water and only had a little of the bread.
I don't know about you - but leaving food on my plate is a huge victory for me!

I logged my food when I got home and was only 20ish calories over my goal! Did you know a 1/2c. of alfredo sauce has like 400 calories in it?! Woah!

Not much planned for today. Schooling with the kids, workout during nap time and a run to Wal-Mart this afternoon.

Lunch is grilled cheese sandwiches, dinner will be Beef and Bean Enchiladas.

Happy Wednesday!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:48 AM   #3  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

I lost the two pounds I gained yesterday

One more dinner out tonight and then I am FREE to go back to my lifestyle.

MIL apparently thinks I am starving her son to death (he wants to lose about 10 pounds and LOVES all the meals I plan and make for the two of us -- he says he's never felt better and is thrilled with the changes) so she went "shopping" for us while we were both at work. Now we have a pantry full of milano cookies, shortbread, cheese crackers, flavored pretzels, chips, dip, and cheese.

It is ALL getting brought into work and left in the office when she leaves. I was so pissed about it I practically strangled her. How dare she undermine what WE have chosen to do in OUR household.

Wow, after writing that I think I'm actually more angry that I thought. I'm glad I vented a little bit!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

It looks like my husband's job will be extended for another month. He will have to transfer and have a commute though. And we are going to have to figure how in the world to get my daughter to Kindergarten on time. I was kind of looking forward to him being a stay at home dad. I am a hs school teacher and so my work starts 45 minutes earlier than the elem. school and I didn't want my daughter to linger at school for that long in the morning. She is way tooooooo young for that. I am going to have to trust that this will work out. I think my husband is happy to stay on at work, but I am a little bummed.

I am excited that I have already run 11 miles this week. My goal is at least 12 so I am in good shape for the week and today I am planning on taking the kids to the track so my oldest can practice riding without training wheels and I can walk the dog and let my youngest run around without the worry of cars. We live where there is little traffic but with two kids and a dog just one car stresses me out.

I haven't planned any meals today and I am thinking the refried beans are looking good tonight. I haven't had a chance to go to the store, but maybe after our walk.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #5  

Hey everyone! I'm back. I stumbled a little and had a hard time getting back with things since vacation- I'm still a pound over my ticker but it'll come back down. Sigh. So easy to add it, so hard to subtract.

Rileyozzy- that's good news about your spouse's job but sucks about the commute/transfer. I'll hope something new comes up for him.

Mortonpixie- Shh! or all my people will want to come to your house for dinner where meals are actually prepared daily instead of every so often.

Rebound- are we married to brothers? I have a MIL who is awesome in every way but this. She shoves food at my spouse like his life depends on eating that highly processed, icky cookie. Whenever she comes she leaves a trail of cheap junk food. At a family party she tried to get us to take home the leftover cake. The conversation went like this:

MIL: "We've got too much cake, here's some for you to take home"
HUBS: " Thanks Mom but I'm trying to work on my weight as is my wife and daughter"
MIL: "And I'm SO glad about that! Here's your cake- take it!"

Seriously. She just doesn't get it. However, she's a bit OCD with hording so she can't stand for ANYTHING to be wasted. We usually take the stuff and throw it away but the kids know this and grab up whatever they can before I pitch it. Frustrating.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 167/167/141

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this site. I'm so encouraged by all of you, sounds like you deal with a lot of the same stuff I do.
Eliza807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:07 PM   #7  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default Welcome!

Eliza807 -

Rebound - grr...MIL... I am so proud of how you have handled things! Yep, those folks at work will sure appreciate the treats. You go on with your bad self and all that resolve!!

bindersbe - welcome back!

Last edited by mortonpixie; 07-08-2009 at 01:08 PM.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Bindersbee - welcome back from vacation!

Eliza807 -

Rebound - congrats on the 2lb weight loss! Cheers to your MIL (aka "monster-in-law") leaving soon! That's what I call mine!

Happy HUMP day to everyone! I'm so glad we're just THAT much closer to the weekend!! I'm friggin' tired!

I'm having one helluva day...I weighed myself this morning for the first time in a few weeks...and I'm at 215! I near about had a "heart attack!!!"

I knew I hadn't been eating that well at all over the past little while but HOLY CRAP!

No more coke zero...definitely not eating any sugary items, except for fruit of course and I'm watching my portions! I just had a healthy salad with a bit of tuna and an egg for lunch.

That just gave me the biggest rude awakening this morning!!!

Last edited by Wifey; 07-09-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:47 PM   #9  

Just popping in to say hi.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote