Old 07-06-2009, 02:47 AM   #1  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Default Accountability/Menu/Planning 6 - 12 July

Hi lovelies!

How are you all doing? Me, I'm OK. The weight still isn't moving, but I'm not going to stress about it. I'm doing everything right, so eventually it's all got to catch up with me.

Work is going well. We still haven't had our first winter storm yet so it's now overdue. Thats OK - we're ready for it when it does hit. Work position is great and we're going to cope well when it does break. I've got my annual appraisal on Thursday - I'm 99% sure what my rating will be, so I'm not expecting too many surprises. We're ranked on a scale of 1 - 5, with 1 being incompetant and 5 being too good for the job. I'm going to be a 4. It's not going to mean much of a pay rise since the company's lost so much money this year, but that's OK. I'd rather have a guaranteed job than a big pay rise and potentially not have a job in a few months time. And my company do look after the staff, so when everything's a bit better, we'll get some recognition.

The gym's been going well too. Yummy trainer worked me hard on Friday and then I did a spin class on Saturday morning. We had a different instructor and my goodness, she worked us hard! And gym and weights today as well.

We had our team dinner on Saturday night and it was a fantastic night. We had an awesome menu - starters were gyoza dumplings, dim sum and chicken nibbles; main was a ham, sides were scalloped potatoes, curried kumera, brussels sprouts, leeks and a greek salad and pudding was pavlova, chocolate cake and ice cream. It sounds a strange mix, but it was really yummy. And if you don't look at the puddings, quite healthy really!

Anyway, I've got a few things to get done tonight, so no time for personals. I'll catch up tomorrow.

Have fun!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:49 AM   #2  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! It was SO nice this morning to wake up and and realize that I still had one more day off! LOL!!! I am going to spend some time w/ my friend that is here from Georgia. We were gong to go to our outlet mall (and probably still will) but it's pretty rainy and it's an outside strip mall and many sections...not the greatest in the rain, but maybe it won't be really busy?! Plus, I want to look for some work pants for dh (they have a store where they are super cheap) AND Nine West is having a clearance sandal sale and well...........it NEVER hurts to look, right?!

nicolen--Sounds like things are going really well. I w/ you...I would much rather know I am going to still have a job, that much of a raise. A raise is nice, don't get me wrong, but well...you know what I mean!!!

I rested my knee yesterday and it feels better today. Back to the gym tomorrow! I know I will do lots of walking today....I need to remember to wear good shoes.

jab--did you find your work shoes?

Hope everyone is doing well!

Have a great OP day!!! I need coffee...........
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone!!! My first reaction was nooooooo it can't be Monday already. So reality is yes I have to go to work, I just wish I didn't dread it so much...lol. I'm fine most days once I get there because I am too busy, it's the beforehand thinking about it that does me in...lol.

Yes, I did find my shoes and boy was I happy. My tootsies will be much happier 4-hours into my shift today then they were all last week.

Nicolen~ I wish I had that kind of energy and inspiration to work out. Winter before last I joined a gym on a short package under pressure from my sister. I hated it, went 5 days a week because I paid for it but I hated it...lol. Didn't lose an ounce the whole time and I was workin it too.

mj5 ~ hope you have a good day shopping. Glad to hear the knee is some better. Do you wear a brace on it for support to help on days you know you will be "taxing" it ??

Food for yesterday was.....

Sun 7/5/09
1 scrambled egg w/ peppers and diced ham
1 rye toast w/butter (I gave the rest of the loaf away)
Water

Mixed fruit bowl
Water

Almonds
Water

Grilled salmon
shrimp
Quinoa salad
Lettuce salad w/ olive oil vinagrette
Water

Watermelon

Lf yogurt
Sprinkle muesli & craisins
water

Last edited by jab91864; 07-06-2009 at 07:08 AM.
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

good Monday morning ladies!! Yes, it's almost noon, but at least I can say I still got here in the AM.
We had a great 4th of July weekend, and I hope my American chick friends did as well. I did not do so badly food-wise, but I have been a little loose the last week and not counting calories, so back to it today. Looks like a couple of quiet weeks ahead so hopefully I can settle back into my routine and get my exercise on track.

Today:
B: scrambled eggs with salsa, turkey bacon
S: mozzarella cheese stick
L: grilled chicken breast over salad, tomato juice
S: coffee popsicle, ??
D: marinara sauce and meatballs over zucchini
S: SB peanut butter cup
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #5  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Good morning all!

Well, I made it through the visit at my parents. They both commented on my weight, but it wasn't so bad and I just changed the subject. I'm just to the point in my life when I don't want to discuss it with them at all - good or bad. My mom muttered, "You do look smaller" (no good job! or I'm happy for you!) and my dad said I was looking great (but also the one who told me on Christmas Eve that he'd never seen me so fat and what was I doing to myself). Ah parents.

It was a bit of a lonely weekend otherwise. I really do need to work on reconnecting with my friends. When I became a hermit, I don't know...

I need to go to the grocery store today and restock on veggies and such. Eating has been going fine (I was down 3.8 pounds this week) and I've been walking the dogs for exercise. Some more exercise wouldn't hurt me though.

Take care everyone, and I hope you have a good day!

Last edited by CLCSC145; 07-06-2009 at 01:36 PM.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:50 PM   #6  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone, just need to post quickly and go. Good weekend for me. I wasn't ready to go back to work, but that's the way it goes!

I'll come back tomorrow and try to be a little more articulate!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:34 AM   #7  
Nicole

Hi everyone!

My workout was a bit of a struggle today - it always seems to be a battle on a Tuesday, so I'm blaming the fact I do weights on a Monday. Maybe that takes a bit more out of me, I don't know.

Anyway, apart from that everything's going well. Work is still quiet and long may it continue. And I'm feeling good about most things at the moment, so yeah. Life is good!

MJ, ooh, shoe shopping. I love shoe shopping! Did you get anything nice?

Jab, yay for finding your shoes. And at least if you're busy at work, you're never bored!

Schmoodle, yay for quiet times!

CC, parents! They mean well, but sometimes they express themselves in such a way that you immediately become that rebellious 15 year old again. Well, that's what I do!

Diane, hi!

I'm going to try and get here tomorrow, but my parents are over, so I may not. I'm going to hopefully get them to take a photo of me so I can do some comparisons from where I was at - I don't have a camera, so haven't been able to do this. When I get the photos, I'll post them so hopefully there's a difference!

Take care all!
Old 07-07-2009, 07:16 AM   #8  

Two of my dogs got into a scuffle in the wee hours this morning and it woke me up and by the time I got everything settled down I was wide awake. So I imagine it will be a long day as I am yawning already...lol. Apparently they decided to debate who really owned the chew toy.... nobody hurt thankfully.

C C ~ try not to let the parents bug you too much. I know that is much easier said than done. Just remember this is for you not for them and in the end what they think doesn't matter. I agree one little comment can make you feel the rebellious teen all over again...lol.

Both my parents were at one time well over 300 lbs each. I can remember my father use to badger me about my weight, even offered to pay me once to lose weight. His rational was that while he was heavy then he had not been heavy as a child therefore I was in a worse boat then him. Looking back I think well maybe all of us (my siblings and parents) would have been at a better weight had they given more thought to eating healthier. Might also have helped had he not punished me any time I didn't "clean" my plate. I still have issues about not finishing food because of wastefulness.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday !!!!

Yesterday's food...
Mon 7/6/09

Grilled salmon
Quinoa salad
Water

Banana
water

Triscuits
Turkey ham
Water

Joseph’s flax, oat bran, w. wheat lavash bread
2 bocca chicken patties
2 ff cheese slices
Squirt ranch
Fruit bowl, melon, pineapple , blueberries, strawberries
Water

Almonds
Water

2 tblspn peanut butter
Old 07-07-2009, 09:13 AM   #9  
mj5

Good Morning! I'm having a hard time getting into work-mode, so I thought I would pop in here!
jab--Yea for finding your shoes!!! Well...I have a knee brace (several, actuall), BUT my knee is so swollen, the dr actually says not to wear it right now--it will actually make it hurt more. I make sure I wear good shoes, take ibuprofen ahead of time, and make sure I can ice it down afterwards even if it doesn't feel like it needs it. Luckily, those things did the trick yesterday! So glad no one was hurt! Hope today doesn't go too badly for you!!!!

Schmoodle--Yippee for getting back into a routine. I like my routine!

CC--Congrats on another loss!!!! Ah, parents...I know they mean well, but....yes! Reconnect w/ some friends. Great idea!

Diane--I know what you mean...I have had all these days off and I STILL am not ready to go back to work! LOL!

nicolen--Hope you had a nice visit with your parents! I didn't buy any shoes! I tried on some, but they were quite 'right' so I didn't get them.

Today I am going to the gym for weights (legs/back) and cardio (bike).

I am also going to check out the farmers market during my lunch break (I swear CC, sometimes we are on the same wavelenght...I see you are going shopping for veggies today too...)

Have a great OP day! I need to go fill up my water bottle...something I did not do well with over the weekend!!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #10  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Thank you all for the support about my parents. They really are good people, and I think it must be an impossible task to be a parent and not screw up your kids in some way. For me it was weight and all the negative messages about worthiness and weight. How fitting that today is a day of mental health for me, ugh. I'm seeing my psychiatrist who I love but don't see much because I'm not on the pills right now and we'll see what she thinks about me staying off them for now. I haven't been as sad so that's a good thing. Then I head to the therapist who I like as a person, but I really don't like poking around in the recesses of my mind at the sore spots. However not facing those sore spots has gotten me where I am today. So I persevere.

I did get my veggies, MJ, and had a few good meals so far! Last night I had chicken, squash, and green beans. I like the thin sliced chicken breasts and I cut them into strips and baked them. I bought some peanut satay sauce for dipping that was only 80 calories for 2 tablespoons. Yummy! The acorn squash I cut in half and roasted in the oven until it was soft and caramelly. That stuff is heaven to me and doesn't even need butter to taste decadent. This morning I made an egg white scramble with the egg whites that come in a carton (no sense separating eggs if you don't have to). I threw some asparagus, green onions and pre-sliced mushrooms in the pan along with two cut up turkey sausages, then added the egg whites and a tiny bit of mozzarella cheese at the end. Yummy and fast! It took just a hair over 5 minutes. Who says it takes too much time to eat well?

I hope you all have a marvelous Tuesday!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:59 AM   #11  
Nicole

Well, that was an interesting visit. I don't know what it is, but every now and then Mum and I really rub each other up the wrong way. She's doing Weight Watchers and of course is an instant expert in weight loss, but that was just the start.

We met at the shopping centre and I said that I needed to buy some shoes. She was annoyed because I could've done that before I met them. Not quite sure when since I had to meet them at 4:30 and I didn't leave work till after 4! Then she said she texted me - I showed her my phone which showed no texts received. She pulled out her phone and showed me she'd sent a text - to some random person.

So we went back to my sister's and organised dinner. They wanted pizza. I haven't had pizza since the start of the year and wasn't that keen. When it arrived, I didn't really enjoy it, which is probably a good thing. Pizza is - or was - a favourite food of mine, but not anymore.

Anyway, I'm going to try and post a couple of photos. The one of me in the blue top with my friend was taken about the end of last year, the one of me in my uniform was taken at work today. Neither are fantastic photos, but there is a difference. And I sitll can't believe I thought that blue top was flattering!

And mercifully the blue top photo didn't post. I'll have another go tomorrow.

Anyway, I'll have a proper catch up tomorrow. Have fun everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0026 (Large).jpg (24.0 KB, 12 views)
Old 07-08-2009, 05:48 AM   #12  
mj5

Good Morning! I had a great workout last night!

CC--I hope you have good day today! Mmm, your meals sound really good. I steamed some yellow beans (the dogs LOVED the leftovers of those....we mix some into their food to help fill them up...one of our dogs became VERY plump and that was the vet's suggestion). I also sliced some zucchini and yellow squash and sprayed a bit of olive oil spray in a non stick pan. I added some button mushrooms and a large can of diced tomatoes w/ garlic. YUM!!!! We are going to have the rest of that over whole wheat pasta tonight....I LOVE leftovers! Then I grilled some lean pork chops and called it dinner! I can't wait until the farmer's market gets more yummy veggies!

nicolen--yea, that happens to my mom and I from time to time too...oh well. Isn't it great how our tastes change! I know...I look at myself in pictures and can't believe I ever thought I looked good in certain things. How awesome that you can see a difference!!! It is SO nice to put a face w/ your name after all this time!!!! Nice to see you!!!!

Hi to everyone else to stops by!

Beverlyjoy--I hope your back is ok!

I have my healthy lunch packed. I have my gym clothes ready! Plan for today is arms/shoulders and cardio!

Have a great OP day!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:43 AM   #13  

nicolen~ nice to see you !!! Sorry to hear the visit with mom wasn't the best. Wow, pizza is my all time favorite and I don't know if I could be that strong... great job!!

I looked at some pics last night of me... typically I don't do many pics but prefer to be the person behind the camera..lol. The one thing that really screamed at me was how old I look. Less fat in the face to push out the evil wrinkles. That was a bummer...

mj5~ your veggies sound delish!! Our local farmers market is today but it will open and close while I am at work. I can't wait for my garden to start kicking out fresh tomatoes.

Yesterday's food

Tues. 7/7/09

Quinoa salad
Scrambled egg
Water

Sm mixed fruit bowl
water

Apple
Triscuits
Water

Grilled salmon
Watermelon
Cottage cheese
Water

Almonds
Water

Sf pudding

Have a great day !!!!!
Old 07-08-2009, 08:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Well chicks, the week is rolling along and I am getting things done and still on plan!
Here's today:
B: nonfat yogurt with blueberries and slivered almonds, coffee with lots of milk
S: black beans and salsa
L: leftover whole grain pilaf and veggies, roast beef lunch meat, coffee popsicle
S: skim latte, mozzarella cheese stick
D: VERY small portion of corned beef with LOTS of cabbage
S: NSA fudgesicle

Today I already dropped my kitty at the vet, took a walk, started a load of laundry, and got dinner in the crock pot. Now I'm procrastinating before starting work, but only until 9AM. I've got to spend my lunch at the DMV renewing my car regis, but that's my own fault, I could have done it online, but didn't get to it in time. Maybe we'll hit the pool this evening. Should be a good an busy day, and soon we will be on the downhill side of the week!

nicolen, it was good to see your face. You look great! And of course now I'm dying to see the blue shirt...
Hi mj, it's hard to get back to it after long weekends, isn't it? Your veggies sound delish - I didn't get to the farmer's market last weekend, so all I've had is a cauliflower, a cabbage, and the zukes that are coming from my garden (so yummy). A little light on the veg though. In the summer they are my secret weapon.
Hey Diane and CLCSC! I get that sinking back-to-work feeling in my stomach Sunday nights. I HATE Mondays.
jab, that's one of my weight-loss fears. I am so used to people telling me how young I look, but maybe it's just that all the wrinkles have been hiding under the fat! Oh well, I'll deal with it if that's what it takes.

Well, 3 minutes until work time, so have a great day all!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:31 AM   #15  
mj5

Good Morning everyone! It's a busy day here, but that's ok!

I have a healthy lunch packed. I plan to walk during my lunch break--no time for the gym after work today....

Have a great OP day everyone!