South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 11:13 AM   #1  

Default Starting Again Friends In Need

Well here I am again, I am bigger than I have ever been. I have been off my plan for quite a while, I tried to start my plan again in Jan, and it just didn't take off.
I have prepared myself to start SB again. It is such a normal way of eating, it is just so hard to get thru the first 2 weeks. I am going to write everyday and hope I can meet alot of friends here to chat to and become friends with.
I am such a sugar junky, I already have a huge headache. Please help me stay on track and get thru the first 2 weeks.
Friends to all,
Beth
Old 07-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Beth, welcome back. You can do this! Two weeks is not so long, after all, and think of how great you are going to feel in a couple of days.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Hey Girl!!!!
You can do it...you can, you can, you can. Just imagine yourself as you know you can be and the two weeks will fly by. Try out some new recipes you didn't try the first time. And you know the flu won't last long at all and you'll be back on track and feeling great!
Old 07-06-2009, 04:45 PM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Beth

Nice to meet you! I noticed by your avatar that you have been posting for quite awhile. I take it that you are familiar with the SB lifestyle.

I lost most of my weight on my own, over a unbelievably long period of time (45 pounds over 6 years). The only good thing is that I was going in the right direction. We are similiar in weight. I was 230-35 on May 5 when I started here.

Now that I am OP, the key for me is vigilance and patience. I am vigilant about NOT putting the wrong things in my mouth when I am impatient with my progress. After 2 months, I feel incredible!!!......but am only beginning to see results in the mirror.

Posting daily has helped me alot. It also helps me learn from others' successes. There are always birthdays and holidays that are hard. I made it through this weekend because right now I cannot afford to stray. What I learned about success here today, is in reading others posts. Many took a little "break" for the weekend but they jump right back on and continue OP. I see that is much easier than the big backslide. I still have 3# to go before I am back to my LW of 1 year ago.

Best wishes to you on P1. It is hard when eating has been out of control, but the longer you stay OP the less cravings you will have. That is the beauty of SB!! Plan ahead, take snacks to events, have a really clean 2 weeks and keep in touch. Have a backup plan in place for that moment when you know you are going to cave. You can do it !!!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 04:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Started again recently too. I'll be here with ya!! Beans and dairy help with hunger and headaches!! I get migraines everyday when I'm eating wheat, and gluten, etc.....so this is necessary! Good luck and check in often.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #6  
KittyKatLady

S/C/G: 160/159/120

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back! I find the forum incredibly helpful and motivating! I'm new to SBD and still trying to learn from my downfalls and mistakes....but we can do it!
Old 07-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome back, Beth! I remember you from before.

You can do this. Just take it one day at a time, or even one meal at a time. Don't look at it long-term in the beginning. Just getting through each day is a huge achievement, and as you successfully complete each clean day, you'll realize it's not so hard, after all. Coming in here and posting often really helps to keep you motivated, too. We keep a current Phase 1 thread going for the newbies and re-starts, where you can read and share everyone's trials and tribulations. Good luck!
Old 07-06-2009, 11:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back, i'm starting over again.. right there with you
Old 07-06-2009, 11:21 PM   #9  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome back to the beach, Beth. Hope to see you here often. Best wishes for a successful Phase I!
Old 07-07-2009, 06:36 AM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back Beth. I also was away for 5 months. My whole family is enjoying the beach with me this time. It is lovely to have no food junk calling to me as we cleaned out the cupboards prior to starting. I also find that being here is a real inspiration to staying OP. We just finished week 3 of P1 and are going forward. Good luck, you can do this. Linda
Old 07-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #11  

Thanks so much girls, for the encouragement. I made it thru day 1, with the SB flu. Today is a little better, but still feel like _____! Thanks for being such great friends.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I've been good without the symptoms. I had 1/2 c beans to every meal. It really is helping.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:10 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Beth.. I'm restarting too.. I'm trying to get on here daily too... these gals are super supportive!!

Tina
Old 07-07-2009, 04:53 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/133/115

Height: 5'0"

WELCOME WELCOME!!! You can do it.. only 14 days... only 14... This place is awesome. You will have that weight off in no time! good luck!
Old 07-12-2009, 09:31 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 152/120/120

Height: 5 foot 3 inch

Hi! I have been there and SB saved my life. You can do this! Keep a calendar and put a star or some mark next to each day of Phase 1 that you complete. 2 weeks can seem like an eternity when you have unhealthy eating habits but the results will be worth it. iYou will have your cravings under control and you will slowly get to your goal. Don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today! Keep us posted.
Closed Thread