Old 07-06-2009, 09:00 AM   #1  
Amy

Talking LAWL Friends and Losers Thread July 6th-12th

Morning guys!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:07 AM   #2  
Amy

This morning I am happy to be back on the wagon! THis weekend was pretty disasterous plan-wise!

I will be doing Cardioke today with my friend and walking a mile afterwards.

How was everyone's weekend?
Old 07-06-2009, 09:32 AM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning! We camped this weekend and had a great time. Yesterday morning I hiked into an old, sleeping volcano with my mom, sister, and kids. It was so hard on me, but I was pretty darn proud to get clear to the top. The caldera was really neat, and the view was amazing.

Have fun working out Amy!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #4  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

*Peeking in*

Hi everyone! Hope you all are doing great! I am starting over today, renewed my weight watchers sub. I have done well so far and am getting ready to go for a walk! I will try to check back in more often!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #5  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

I was terrible this weekend. I was at a family reunion! All I can say is I ate way too much. I feel like a blob today!!!
I have to get back on track today!! I brought a nice fruit salad for lunch. No more buns and meat and dessert.......agh!! I need to drink my water today too.
I just hate when I lose my control to food.......
It was lots of fun catching up with relatives but I am glad to be back at home. Have a great week everyone!
Nice to see you back "Bradleys Mom"!!!
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:28 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6

Morning all. I'm here plugging away...haven't stepped on a scale since last week....I'm sure there's damage to report. Slowly but surely getting back on track...and still smoke free!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good Monday morning to you all!!!

I too did not do well this weekend and the end of last week. I just can not seem to make good food choices. We have been busy and I just have not been planning well. But today I am back on track and doing take off tomorrow and Wednesday in hopes of a cleansing and recommittment to weight loss. I have not had a gain so that is enough to keep me motivated to continue. I as Joan described feel like a blob today and I can not help but keep thinking nothing taste as good as thin is going to feel!! So I am going to make sticky notes that say that and post them on my computer at work, in my car and on the Fridge at home.

Amy- you are doing great on the exercises..way to go!!!

KristinX- excellent job on not smoking!!!

KAtie- how exciting a volcano!! I bet it was beautiful..

Joan- way to recognize bad eating habits and way to recommitt !!

To everyone else have a Happy Monday!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #8  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all.

good to "see" you kimberly. stop in more often! how are you boys doing?

not much to report..TOM is here and this being my second one post baby and my tubal, it's brutal. i've never been in this much pain before, so it definitely sucks.

be back later. hope everyone has a good start to the week. and for those praying for me...thank you and keep 'em coming..i need it badly.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:41 PM   #9  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Just though I'd swing by and check in....Jillian! Congrats on the new baby! I'm praying for you.

Katie-Hey Lady, it's been a long time.

Everyone else...Hello!!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:09 PM   #10  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey Evette, good to see you!

Kimberly- Good luck with WW!

Kristin- Good job!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kristin, Good for you! It is crazy how expensive it is. I had no idea that it would be that much to be a smoker.

Hi Evette!

Jillian, Add my prayers and good wishes with the rest. It always uplifts me in times of trouble to count the blessings in my life. It is worth the trouble to focus on the positive side of things, negative thoughts can drown a whole world of happiness. We can't control what happens only how we react to it.

I got the results from my cholestrol test and they were a bit high. Between discovering I had gained 20 pounds since I last stepped on a scale and that my cholestrol was now borderline high, I am determined to take better care of myself than that.... 7 days a week too. We can do this, and we must do this to obtain optimum health.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:52 PM   #12  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi friends.....and Hi Evette It's been a while...

Katie......you are way braver than I. It sounds really fun though, and how lucky are you all that your mom is healthy enough now to hike Whoohooo to that!!!!

Speaking of healthy......I went to see my friend in the hospital today. She was diagnosed with stage IV melanoma to the lung, and she was beginning a series of high dose chemo inpatient treatments. She is one of my oldest, dearest friends, and I just can't believe she and her family have to go through this. I don't know if any of you remember last year or so, when I totally talked some smack about a friend and got busted by her.......and how bad she felt, and how awful I felt.......well, this is the girl. She is only 37 or 38 and has a 5 yo DS and a 3 year old DD. She seems to be the only thing I can think about lately.......and I just can't seem to stop crying about it. Anyway, if you all could send her some of whateve ryou send.....whether it be prayers, good vibes.........whatever it is you do..........I know she would appreciate it.

Jillian.....sorry about the killer TOM. That just sucks.

Hang in there, Amy6.......rough spots are hard to get over......but you can do it

Hi JerseyAmy.......WTG on your positive attitude.

Cheer up, Joan. I know how bad it sucks when food owns you.......but you are stronger.........and look at you........you still look fabulous.......so you aren't completely out of it.......you don't have mountains to climb......just some hills to battle.....and Katie hiked a volcano this weekend......so you can totally pull it off.

Hi Kimberly. I saw your website with the cloth diapers. That is so cool that you have found this hidden talent of yours. I used cloth diapers with my oldest DD cuz she was sooo sensitive. Very cool.

And Kristin, Kristin, Kristin........only 15 more days until being smoke free is a habit. I am sooo proud of you for sticking with it. Believe it or not, one day you will actually say, "I am so glad I don't smoke anymore." I just said it last night to DH

Ok, I should get my booty to bed.........I am driving Miss Maria half way to Wisconsin tomorrow. She is going to stay with my mom and her mom for a week while we go camping.......and good Lord, don't get me started about camping....and misquitos......and snakes.......
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/204/150

Height: 5' 10"

Morning ladies,

My weekend was not what I expected. I was hoping to have a nice weekend with DBF and instead we spent Saturday in separate rooms of the house and Sunday he decided that he was done. So I moved into the spare bedroom that afternoon and started packing yesterday afternoon when I got home from work. While I was moving into the spare bedroom, he came up to tell me that I didn't need to do that. Mixed messages anyone??

I'm thinking a sure fire weight loss plan will be moving back into my townhouse (thank goodness it didn't sell) and getting over and moving on from this relationship.

I'm going through a couple different emotions, anger, sadness and indifference.
I was angry Sunday but managed to keep it in check. I was angry yesterday when I got home and had to move things from the basement to the front room while he was out with a friend.
While I was at work yesterday I was sad and while I was packing I became indifferent. But I think that came from focusing on packing and not thinking about much else.

I'm angry because Scrappie (my dog/child) losses her yard and her doggie neighbor's. She's very confused and staying very close to me.

I'm working hard to focus on the things I need to get done to get out of that house as soon as I can. I think that now that the decision had been made to end our relationship (his decision, not mine) the sooner I can move out, the better it will be for both of us. I told him after the last time I came back home, the next time he wants me to leave, that's it. It's over. I won't continue to live in limbo while he decides if this can work.

He refuses to do what is necessary to make our relationship work, actions speak louder than words and I've done and said everything I can.

Sunday when he told me "I'm done", I just didn't have any more fight left in me, he's drained it all out of me.

Thanks for "listening", have a great OP day!
AngieH75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:22 AM   #14  
Amy

Morning guys!

Angie- I am so sorry your weekend ended up like that! Hang in there chickadee, it sounds like it's for the best. You're right about the limbo thing, it sounds like he's controlling hte relationship and everthing is on his time. FOrget that! This is your time now!

Kimberly- welcome back!! How's WW??

Nicole- you are a better woman than I... with the whole camping!! I could never do it! Bugs and dirt and who knows what else!

Kristin- good work on the cigarettes. Keep it up!!

Evette- Hello!

Barbara- sorry to hear about your cholesterol! But glad to hear about you getting healthy!

Amy6- Stick to your montra "one day at a time, one pound at a time." We all have setbacks,especially around holidays! You have come so far, just jump right back on the wagon!

Jillian- good morning! How are you today!

Well, my calves are KILLING me from yesterday. I did water aerobics, swam 8 laps, and did TBL's Boot Camp workout from On Demand. I was standing in the pool while talking to my friend doing knee lifts. I was trying to bring up my knees to the surface. Idid that for like 10 minutes and then was like I don't feel anything, so I'll stop.

I no sooner get out of the pool and start walking on solid groud that I felt it!!

We got rid of our Sprint cell service last night, they are Awful!!!!

Well, here's to an OP day!
Old 07-07-2009, 11:46 AM   #15  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Kristin- Way to go girl! You are a non-smoker now. Doesn't it feel wonderful!

Amy M- I see you are going to do a cleanse. I bought one at a womens show last month but I still haven't done it. I keep thinking I am going to be in the bathroom the whole time while I am at work. Have you done them before?

Jillian- I am thinking of you and hoping that things get better. Try and keep your chin up.

Barbara- My DH had high cholestrol and the doctor changed lots of his eating habits. Did your doctor tell you to cut out certain foods as well?

Nicole- You are too kind to me. Thank you for telling me I look fabulous. I don't always feel that way. I know I only have hills to climb but they are steep hills.....Last night since I was feeling like a blob, I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then I did weights for 10 minutes. I really needed that!

Angie- Relationships are so tough...I totally feel for you. I have been thru a tough break up with my husband. We are together now but we were separated for 10 months in the beginning of our relationship. Be true to yourself!!!

Oh yes and I am going to put a sticky on my desk today. I like Amy M idea. " Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" I love it!!!

Okay well gotta run.
Have a great day everyone.
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote