Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-05-2009, 07:09 PM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Unhappy Gallbladder attack or Indigestion?

Alright, I'm going to come clean with you guys, I was a pretty bad girl this weekend! I went away, up north, and ate out (fast food) a couple times I don't eat greasy food often. On my way home today, I started feeling really.... "weird". I can't explain the feeling, I really can't. Kind of feels like a cat scratching at my insides, with earth worms crawling around inside of me (Ewwww....I know!) So my friend said I was probably hungry, so we stopped at Wendy's and I got some food. Well about 20 minutes later I started gagging and made her pull over in the middle of a crowded highway in Toronto and started puking my guts up! (Yeah, one of my finer moments) So the rest of the way home I felt HORRIBLE. I was in tears, I was in pain, and I just wanted to get the heck home. It even hurt my stomach to breathe. My back felt funny. As soon as I got home, I ran to the bathroom, feeling horrible, stuck a toothbrush down my throat, and forced myself to vomit the rest up. I took some pepto after that, and went to bed. I feel better now, but now I'm wondering what's wrong with me. It's happened to me before when I ate too much greasy food after I stopped eating that crap for almost 6 months, and it just started this year, and normally it only happens to me if I eat that crap late at night, but this was BY FAR the worse it has EVER been. I literally wanted to curl up in a ball and die. I have learned my lesson, and I will NEVER touch greasy fast food again. I promise! but what's happening to me

Last edited by luvja; 07-05-2009 at 07:14 PM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/160

Height: 5'8

it could be sometimes people have different symptoms. I had my gallbladder out last spring. For years I suffered with attacks after eating greasy food. I would get pain in my right side right under my breast and in the exact same place on my back. They can be very painful attacks. Then I started getting a new horrible pain along with the old pains, right at the bottom tip of my sternum, which the dr said was not a classic symptom of gall bladder. But it all went away after my gallbladder was gone.
If you really want to know go to the dr. they can do an ultrasound. They did an ultrasound for me and said my gallbladder was FULL of stones. Goodluck Kel

Last edited by babyfattimes3; 07-05-2009 at 07:41 PM.
babyfattimes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:50 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Your symptoms sound a lot like my mom's. It even hurt her to breath as well. She ended up doing the emergency thing and after an ultrasound found she has a rather large stone blocking the duct. Anyway she goes in on Tuesday to have her gallbladder removed.
Good luck and take care,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:54 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

It does sound like it could be a gallbladder attack. You might want to make an appointment with the doctor, get an ultrasound, etc.

And please, don't stick toothbrushes down your throat! That is not a good thing to do whether it's gallbladder or not! Go to an emergency room instead if you are in terrible discomfort.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:56 PM   #5  
~jus' being me~

Please get thee to a doctor!

Gallbladder . . . ugh . . . worst pain EVER Worst time in my life.

Let us know how you get on.
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:03 PM   #6  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Sounds like a gallbladder attack to me too...Especially since you mention the pain in the back. That's one of the added symptoms of an attack along with pain on the right shoulder blade (I wouldn't notice that until after the main pain was gone and I noticed I was all sore there as well).
Like others said, you should get an ultrasound to get the diagnosis confirmed.
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:14 PM   #7  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Just a note, even if you have a bad gallbladder, an ultrasound may be negative. I know lots of people who have not been diagnosed until they have a HIDA scan (hepatobiliary iminodiacetic acid scan). Something to think about if you think you suffer from GB problems and are having trouble getting a diagnosis.

Last edited by murphmitch; 07-05-2009 at 10:34 PM.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:16 PM   #8  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 195/See ticker/125

I had my gallbladder removed this year as well... best to have it checked out quickly as in the end, *any* kind of food could trigger an attack and the pain would last for 10+ hours. Once I drank orange juice + ate fruits for breakfast and I ended up in the hospital so its nothing to mess around with.

The pain was mostly felt between my breasts and bellybutton... some minor pain in the back. It was only when the doctor pressed hard on my right side that I realized the pain was coming from there and irradiating to the center. Hot baths were helping a lot to ease the pain as I couldn't sit or stand still for long.

I started by having crisis here and there but in the last months, I eventually almost stopped eating since I would get sick all the time. Even on very healthy food. I just vomited twice though in all those months.

Ask for an ultrasound if you keep having those reactions after eating... really its better to be safe then sorry. I had to wait 2 months in between my diagnostic and my surgery... It went fine, I recovered quickly and I'm not scared to eat anymore.
Sunnya is offline   Reply With Quote