Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-04-2009, 04:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Default Just Stick To It! (*yeah, riiiight!)

Hey y'all--

Just wanted to give a shout-out to every 3fatchickie who's discouraged or frustrated or not motivated to keep going on losing some weight!

For instance, I've been a member of a gym only since Mid-March, and I'd been lifting weights several times a week since then trying to help myself burn some more fat and thinking "when the **** am I going to see/feel any muscle in my biceps?"

I finally started seeing some muscle definition all this past week! You have no idea how great it feels!

It's a doggone pain in the @SS to do this week after week and not feel like you're getting anything in return (on or off the scale, as it's been my experience for the last month or so!).

You feel dead tired getting on the Stair Master to sweat for an hour or discouraged while waiting around to use a weight resistance machine or pair of dumbbells that someone else is currently using or feel mopey standing in front of a full-length mirror in the gym's locker room, thinking why am I doing this??? when you see no change in the amount of flab on your belly or saddlebags.

It ... DOES ... PAYOFF!!!

You just got to STICK TO IT... your eating lifestyle & workout routine. You'll see results, maybe not the ones you expect but you'll see/feel/measure it!

If you don't, you won't see jack (any change) in your body. PERIOD.

Just.. KEEP... GOING!

Have a Great 4th of July weekend everybody!

~ tea

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 07-04-2009 at 04:42 AM.
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:09 AM   #2  
Kitten steps to fitness

S/C/G: 208.5/?/148

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks for that, Tea! I haven't been on 3fc for several days now, and I realized this morning that I've been really discouraged with my progress since my last weigh-in and that's why I've stayed away from here. I haven't gone totally off the wagon as far as eating, but I've slacked on my exercise. Well, this morning with cup of coffee in hand and kids still asleep upstairs, here I am. I forced myself to click on the 3fc bookmark and as soon as I did, my motivation came back. It's posts like yours that help me so much!

Good luck in your continuing journey!
Pas de Chaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #3  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

What a great post I was getting up this morning when DH rolled over, looked at me and said, "Wow - I can really see that you're losing weight!

Really makes those 6:00 am runs and that darned 30DS video worth it!
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:06 AM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

So encouraging! Thanks tea
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #5  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

wow, great post, you've done phenomenally!

and I know what you mean about waiting to use stuff and having to stand all mopey and see myself in those mirrors. I do like feeling those harder muscles, my shoulders look so much better.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote