Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-03-2009, 07:39 PM   #1  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

Question Does anyone else journal?

And I don't mean food journaling, either!

I've found that it's a great release at the end of the day for me to just straight out journal before I go to bed. I don't necesarilly do it every day, but I do write frequently. It's really nice for me to write about exactly what I'm feeling about my weight loss(or lack thereof), and what I want to accomplish.

I know we have access to blogs for this same reason more or less, but there's something nice about physically writing things down for me. Does anyone else find that this kind of thing helps them? Or am I just weird?
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:45 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

You're not weird. If it helps, it is a good thing. Myself, I don't physically write in a journal, I just do it online :|
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:20 PM   #3  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I have journaled off and on since I was a teenager. It has really helped me to gain insight into my feelings and thoughts processes over the years. I used to write in journal books, but have progressed to typing them in Word documents which I keep on a flash drive. I recently started a blog so that I can track my weight-loss journey. I'm hopeful for a happy ending.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #4  
Diana Kay

I definitely feel you on the hoping for a happy ending, Pita! I'm feeling pretty good about this right now. It's only been a few days in reality, but I really feel like I'm doing something differently this time. I hope I'm right!
Old 07-03-2009, 09:54 PM   #5  
300+ Chick

I keep one non food journal and some times I write daily or weekly. Its part of my project of the changes in my life...and future.
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:21 PM   #6  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I make journals and I'm awful at keeping one. I do some work in friends art journals that we swap, but not very good at keeping my own. Just the food journal.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:34 PM   #7  
Baby Stepping Along

I love the idea of journaling, I love and have a lovely collection of journals that are mostly blank and I always find it is helpful when I do journal but alas, I'm just terrible about actually doing it. I am sure I am dodging some important work I should be doing or something that I would benefit greatly from but I just don't get it done. I'm sure there is some of my perfectionism raising it's nasty little head in there.

I did some grief counseling earlier this year and she really wanted me to do some journaling. She told me that the actual physical act of writing has been shown to help in the processing of emotions. I thought that was really interesting. Not interesting enough to actually be compliant (poor grief counselor) but very intrigued none the less.

Peg
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Height: 5'6"

I don't on a regular basis, but I do sometimes. I won't after a regular day when nothing out of the ordinary happens, but when I have a really good day, a really bad day, or just a really weird day, I will journal. I also started to keep a dream journal a couple months ago. I had a really upsetting dream and I woke up in tears, so I decided to journal it to get me through the feelings it brought up in me. It spiraled me into doing it on days when my alarm does not wake me up. Dreams are just so interesting, and I am glad that I have started documenting them.

Last edited by utgirl09; 07-04-2009 at 12:01 AM.
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:19 AM   #9  
Diana Kay

Glad to see I have some fellow journalers, as well as some who wish they could. Truth be told I'm not always good at it either, but I'm really getting a lot out of it this time!