South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 06:19 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Finally Friday Chat

Good morning from very rainy Delta. The loons just flew over and I asked them where they had been as they seemed to be AWOL when Cottage was here. No answer was the loud reply!

Feels like Tuesday but it's not and I need to get the butt in gear. I managed to drop one of my pies for the Church supper on the way to the freezer so will be making more this morning. I got a reminder that I'd promised two pies to the Saturday chicken BBQ - I really remembered but hoped she'd forget. I guess I'll be doing another three pies today. You chickies must think all I do is bake pies and lately that's about right!

Aside from the food frenzy, there's nothing much happening around here. Donna comes to clean today and I need to go to the bank to get some cash for my contractor. Nothing will be started on my extra room addition until the building permit is approved and I'm hoping that happens in my lifetime. Maybe I should be making pies for the inspector!

Enjoy your Friday and Happy Fourth of July weekend, my American friends.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning dear Ruth and the rest of our Beachers,

Ruth, how dare those loons come now, after I'd been eagerly anticipating hearing them! That's a shame that you dropped one of the pies, but I hope it was one of the ones you made, not one of mine!

It's delightfully cool and breezy this morning, and I have all the windows open to air out the house. Jake just doesn't think of stuff like that, so the house has been closed upall week except for the bedroom windows. Men. But the house was tidy and the dishes were washed, so I'm not going to complain.

We're thinking of going up to The Green Dragon this morning to see what's available. Most of the family is scattered this holiday weekend, but Monica, Eric and the girls are coming over tomorrow and we're going to have a shrimp boil for our celebration and just laze around the pool. We'll probably just enjoy the fireworks display from our own backyard, as I hate to fight the traffic getting in and out of the park.

Enjoy your day, and I hope everyone has the day off!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 07-03-2009 at 07:19 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:21 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Cottage, did we give them the day off from posting? What ARE they doing! I have visions of white toast, real butter and jam!

Just took out the trash and the loons flew over AGAIN!
Old 07-03-2009, 07:22 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth. Guess everyone is sleeping in even more than me! Can I pour you another cup of coffee? This one is Black Bear Brew, fit for a morning thread

It does sound like you bake a lot of pies. I just don't know how you resist them. I'd be into that filling with a spoon way too often.

It's the start of a 4 day weekend for me. We did plan to do fireworks twice so DP could play with her new since last year camera, but the weather is going to limit that. Even if they have fireworks they won't do much with all the moisture and humidity. I'm working on my 3 day To Do list right now, trying to remember what's open when so it's realistic. Monday is our play day. We are off on a Birds & Whales boat trip, weather permitting.

Speaking of weather - how are those of you in the rain forest zone dealing with motivation? I'm having a hard time between the rain keeping me from walking & biking and the gray days making me want comfort food. It's been a very long stretch and I'm finding it really challenging.

In the US , how is your long weekend shaping up? I hope everyone else gets through the day and to the actual weekend!

Cottage - Good morning I knew that would happen There are loons in Vermont too and I know where. Nothing like camping next to a lake with a loon family on it.

Last edited by CyndiM; 07-03-2009 at 07:26 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:31 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Cyndi, I must admit I grabbed a fork when the coconut cream hit the floor. (It was in a plastic bag.) About 99.9% did go into the trash but the .01% was delicious.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:38 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hello, Ruth. I really wish I could make a good pie crust. Are any of your crusts WW? It seems one could make a SB friendly apple pie every once in a while. Ahh...the loons. When you mention them, I remember waking to their call in Alaska.

Cottage, welcome home. It was fun to hear about your time with Ruth, and I'm glad you had a safe return. Shrimp boil sounds wonderful! Healthy and my #1 favorite food.
Cyndi, enjoy your long weekend. I was going to ask about birding in your near future but you've already answered. Birds and whales. Perfect.. I used to keep track of all my sightings in Alaska and should start doing that here. DHs Sis runs a whale watching boat in Hawaii in the winter. Schmoodle, I want to say how deeply sorry I am to hear about your kitty. My thoughts are with you. I love my critters so much.
Barb, you should come visit some time. I live on the I-70 corridor.
Cat, did you make the stroganoff? If it was good, could you post it on the summer food thread?
Lisa, biology was not my thing, either. Still keeps me from going to vet tech school. I, too, am a Law & Order watcher. Yesterday I caught myself planning my afternoon around catching a rerun.
Kiko,nice to meet you.
Pearlrose, enjoy your long weekend.
Laurie, thanks for all the encouraging words. It really helps.

Me, thinking about how I'll spend my time on this rainy Friday. early, but biking is out. It has crossed my mind that a total veg afternoon would be wonderful. DH will be going to Alaska later this month. This quiet morning I spent some time pondering my month ahead. I laid off alcohol after a rough spot during his absence last year. I do feel in a much better personal space this year, but still have concerns. If any beach gals have any inspiration there, a PM would be welcome. ETA-I have established a direct correlation between alcohol use and my unhappiness with my weight.

It's getting light and the rain is subsiding. I may ride my bike after all!

Have a great day everyone! Thanks for all your support. It is a big difference in my life right now.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-03-2009 at 07:40 AM. Reason: ETA
Old 07-03-2009, 07:48 AM   #7  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all, i suspect its gonna be a busy day around here. we are heading out for the weekend as soon as the bf gets off work and in the meantime i have to make sure everyone packs, plus drop off the dog and the car for my sister to use. first things first though, i'm hitting the gym early
Old 07-03-2009, 07:52 AM   #8  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all! Ruth..sorry about that pie, ouch! My dogs would have been running to "help me clean it up"..
Cyndi, I think I'll join you with a second cup of coffee..mmmm!
Cottage, enjoy your shopping trip!
Lex, no I didnt' try the stroganoff yet. I was BAD instead. We went to the movies to see that Johnny Depp/Dillanger movie (it was VERY good) and about 1/2 way through that movie, for some reason I wanted steak. I very rarely want meat...but I HAD to have one, so after the movie, off we went..
I had a petite filet that was heavenly. Probably about the second steak I've had in two years. Ate a couple of bites of the potato and brought the rest home for my husband. He brought most of his potato and 1/2 of his big steak home, so I have lunch for him all ready now!
Nothing happening here, no plans for the day..I'll just let it unfold...

Morning Me4...we were posting at the same time..You have a great day!

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-03-2009 at 07:53 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:11 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cat Every once in awhile I have strange cravings. The other day it was calcium stuff - cottage cheese and laughing cow. I really think sometimes our bodies just let us know we need something. Of course not chocolate......

Debbie - I try to keep a life list but I'm not very good at it. I have lists all over my desk waiting to be entered into the data base DP made for me.

Me4life - Girl you are really rocking that exercise! Have a fun weekend.

Ruth - That's a pretty impressive percentage. Now I'm thinking about coconut milk ice cream - might have to make some. There's a lower fat coconut milk available in half gallons now and we just happen to have some of the unsweetened variety in our fridge and an ice cream maker.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:24 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Ruth - were the doggies close by to help you with the clean up. The only pies they like around here are apple.
Cottage - Glad your home safe and enjoy your shrimp.
Cyndi - your weekned sounds perfect. We get excited here if we see a cardinal, and lots of orioles this time of year.
Debbie - sounds like a making a plan while hubby is away is good. Didn't you say you do beadwork, perfect time for that.
me4life - you are so organized and going to the gym before going away. You are an inspiration.
Cat - enjoy your day as it unfolds.

me - I was going to go strawberry picking this morning but looks like the next few days will be sunny and at a nice temperature so I will wait for things to dry up. I just hope there are some strawberries left. So I watched DH eat two blueberry muffins that I baked yesterday, they looked so good. I lost a bit more than 1/2lbs this week.
take care
Sophie
Old 07-03-2009, 09:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, I woke up with a strange craving this morning - cinnamon omelet. Strange because I didn't even like it when I made it once before. Time to give it another try, I guess. It's so nice here today, breezy, cool, and sunny (sorry Cyndi). We'd planned to go to the pool, but I'm afraid it will be ice water since it's been so cool the last couple of nights. Maybe we'll go hike somewhere instead. I wanted to get some cleaning done first but so far that hasn't happened. I came to the computer to look up the omelet recipe and ended up downloading all my beach pix. How's that for ADD?
Hello to all, and enjoy your day!
Old 07-03-2009, 10:19 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

I have been up for 2 hours now but just getting on here. It is going to be a lovely day here- Sunny and no humidity- I am so loving life.

I had to stop myself from logging into work and seeing how they are doing this morning- but stop myself I did- I am not oncall yet hehe and don't want to get into that habit.

I hope everyone enjoys their long weekend. I think we are going to Six Flags to the Waterpark and may watch Fireworks there. Tomorrow we will go to St. Louis VP Fair to see the parade and some bands. I am also planning my DD2 6th birthday party which I decided to do at home with 8 little girls invited to a teaparty/makeover/nail party- thought it would be right up their alley. I snagged a girlfriend to assist me and DD1 and one of her friends. It is fun shopping for all stuff.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:38 AM   #13  

Morning beautiful women!!

Ruth Yum! I would have helped you clean up the pie too!

Cottage Glad to hear that you made it home safely. I am sure you will enjoy your family time tomorrow. Meg and I are headed to a friends for the day since my parents are out of town. DH has to work. Who the heck plans a huge hotel function on the 4th??

Cyndi Sounds like you have a good blend of work and play going on this weekend. I wish I could send you some of this sunshine!! It was rainy and gloomy here on Monday, and I actually enjoyed it!

Lexiss We are going for a veg day here. We are hitting the gym and then going swimming.

Me Way to prioritize and hit the gym.

Femme There are times when a good steak just tastes delish! Glad you enjoyed it.

Pearl I love to plan my daughter's birthday parties. SO fun!! We just had a huge princess party at our house on Sunday for my daughter's 4th. It was a chaotic blast!

Sophie Have a great day!

Schmoodle I have some of those ADD tendencies myself....

We are taking it easy today- heading to the gym for a good workout in a bit, then swimming. I feel like I have been really lazy this week, but then am trying to think of those weeks during the school year when I am so crazed I can barely breathe!

Have a fabulous day all!
Old 07-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Gooooood morning everyone! Not sure what we're going to do today. My guess is lie around, do some studying, and see if we can catch some good movies on demand. The "Taste of Springfield" is going on downtown but I don't feel like fighting the traffic, trying to find a place to park, etc. Usually they have good music at night but it's a madhouse.

Oh man, I just feel like snuggling up on the couch. Going to be low-key for me today, I think. Hope the rest of you have a fabulous and safe day!

Lisa
Old 07-03-2009, 03:43 PM   #15  

I've got the day off work for the holiday. I was going to take the old car in to see if the tire wear is under warranty but Don had already taken it to work somewhere. We got cut off on the phone and he hasn't called back. I'll have to wait until he gets that job done and see if the manager is still there at the tire place. Probably not.

Instead I went and donated blood. I've got lousy veins and this was the first time in the last 5 times that it actually worked. Now I'm not sure what I want to do with the rest of the day. It's too hot to even want to swim but I might go out in a bit anyway.
Closed Thread