Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-01-2009, 05:15 PM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default No more!

I have been on a two-day binge. It stops today. That's all. I just had to say it out loud.

Actually, no. I will confess what I ate after work last night:
McDonald's Oreo McFlurry
1/2 bag cheddar cheese cracker Combos
A whole plate of tortialla chips with cheese and salsa.

Today:
1 row of Oreo double-stuffs (Well, the insides only and 1/2 of 1/2 of the cookie part... I really only like the insides!) -- I threw out the rest of the package.
Condiments. Yes, I ate salsa mixed with lowfat cottage cheese as FOOD.

There. Done. That kind of eating ends today. I'm not even an emotional eater. I think I'm not eating enough during the day.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:27 PM   #2  
Baby Stepping Along

Good for you for posting and good for you for declaring it's done. Figure out a good plan for the next 2-3 days and move on! You're going to be just fine!

Peg
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #3  

At least you're putting a stop to it. Be proud of yourself for not going down that dark path to the road of no return. You quit before you got there. I had a binge attack myself. I even blogged about it at loveyourbodysize.com My poison -- pizza and chicken! I just couldn't resist. So after I ate ALL of it, I felt really guilty and gave the healthy eating thing another shot the next day. Oh well.
tbcurrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:32 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Acknowledgement leads to reality which leads to desire and motivation. I am proud of you and you can do this *HUGS*
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Good for you!! I think many of us have had times like that when we just ate outrageously! I think it's outstanding that you came here and made a declaration to stop!! Now update us, and let us know if you followed through! That will keep you even more accountable! Good job, chickie!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Good for you!! You are strong and you are worth it!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I just have to say how absolutely AWESOME you are! Because you were courageous enough to not only decide you were getting back into a good groove, you shared what you had in the bad groove! You can do it!!
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:47 PM   #8  
Busy Momma

S/C/G: 198/191/135

Height: 5' 9"

I agree good for you. It takes alot to write it down, but it makes it real. Start tomorrow fresh and don't look back. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
Shouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:52 AM   #9  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Well, salsa mixed with cottage cheese IS food. And not such a bad choice, actually. CC has lots of protein.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:00 AM   #10  

Height: 4'11"

Yes, I'm for the cottage cheese and salsa too Good for you for throwing our the rest of the oreos! How did yesterday go?

Last edited by thinpossible; 07-03-2009 at 09:00 AM.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:32 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

i agree Cottage cheese and salsa are good choices. I think the oreos were a cry for carbs. I think instead of cheese crackers, you should have had some of those whole grain corn tortillas with your your yummy mexican type fare.

I buy tostadas instead of tortilla chips because they are higher in fiber. They are also large, but you can break them up.

Really you are doing so well, and you stopped b4 it became a real problem. How many calories are you eating normally? If it's below 1200 you might really be trying to make up calories as you said you are not an emotional eater.

here's what I think happened. You had the mcFlurry? it was after work, were you stressed tired, or hungry? The McFlurry caused your insulin levels to go way up. I imagine you drove home getting even more hungrier. When you got home the previous spike in insulin prompted you to eat more food. And you naturally reached for carbs in response to the previous spike in insulin.

A way to curtail that, is to eat a protein source first. Whenever you feel the urge to eat. Then eat a good source of carbohydrate. The protein slows down the starch breakdown and causes it to be released gradually into your bloodstream instead of rapidly.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote