South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-01-2009, 09:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'5

Default Day One on Plan

Hello all,
This is my first time really following the program. I have followed it a little before and like how I felt while doing it. I'm gonna really follow it to a "T" and am hoping to lose 15 lbs! =) Anyways, here's my first day of food. Any comments will be appreciated if I am not OP. Thanks!!
Oriana

b-hard boiled egg, 1 wedge light laughing cow cheese, coffee w/creamer
lunch- 5 wings from Zaxby's and 2 small containers cole slaw (was travelling today)
snack- 2% cottage cheese, cherry tomatoes, sliced chicken breast, 16 oz starbucks soy latte, 1 piece sugar free chocolate
dinner- lettuce, f/f refried beans, chicken and salsa
dessert- sugar free chocolate jello pudding

Hopefully this was all ok!
ovwgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:15 PM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

ovwgirl, chicken should be the breast part without skin as it's lean and prepared wings usually have sauce on them that may contain non-Beachy ingredients. Don't know what Zaxby's is though. What kind of creamer are you using in your coffee? Many contain bad fats and are not allowed on SB. Prepared cole slaw may have sweeteners or too much mayo in it. You're limited to 2 Tbs. fat per day. Better to pack your own lunch so you don't mess up. The chocolate is an occasional treat in Phase II. Need more veggies with supper. Need 2 cups with lunch and supper each. The soy milk should be unsweetened and less than 4 Gms fat per 8 oz. I don't know what Starbucks uses. Have you read the book or visited the FAQ's here?
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #3  

Thanks for the comments. Have read the book and the FAQ's, thanks! Just wasn't sure about the chicken or jello, but I'll stay away from those for the rest of phase one. Appreciate the comments.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 239/239/180

Height: 5'4"

say no to the wings, they're evil things! Also try 1% cottage cheese, and try to eat 1/2 cup of veggies with breakfast and 2 cups with lunch and dinner. I am on phase one right now too, have lost 9 pounds so far, I have all my menus in the phase 1 chicks thread, on the last pages, check them out for menu suggestions.

Best of luck

Last edited by LINZLUV; 07-01-2009 at 11:07 PM.
LINZLUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:36 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Oriana

Welcome to the beach! I'm a newcomer to this forum, so I tend to leave the menu critiques to some of our seasoned beach gals.

I have been following SBD faithfully for 8 weeks now and have lost 15 pounds. I thought I'd just take a minute and share some of my thoughts.

What I am really like about SB is that the emphasis is on changing to a way of eating which is healthy and sustainable long term. I have done WW, calorie counting, Nutrisystem, etc. I always came away losing weight but still always hungry and craving. I still struggled and eventually went back to my old habits. I believe P1 is about getting rid of the cravings through detoxing from sugar and white flour. I can tell you it really worked for me. There were times during P1 that I really had strong cravings. I hung out at 3FC and posted alot and got through it.

I had a sf/ff pudding every night on P1. It satisfied that need for something sweet. I also kept a big container of sliced veggies as my "salad starter". Zucchini, cucumber,green onions, cauliflower,broccoli, radishes,celery,green pepper, purple cabbage...the list is endless. When I needed to munch I just pulled out a handful. I added mixed greens for my dinner salads. I still do it and it helps me alot.

Today, my cravings are pretty minimal, and I am focusing on educating myself and learning to cook and like new things. When travelling, I pack my own food. We had a picnic yesterday and I made a sweet potato salad that seemed to satisfy my family as well. I am learning how and WHY SB folks are reading labels and choosing less processed foods. I love the freedom I have because by making SB choices I don't have to weigh and count every grain of food that goes into my mouth.

I am making healthier choices and learning patience. I had my picture taken yesterday and cringed when I saw it, but reality kicked in and I was able to give myself credit and recognize that I am on the right track....it just takes time. I didn't get here overnight, and the changes will come slowly and surely.

One thing I wouldn't trade for anything, is how good I feel. I am so energized and the energy I have by eating healthy will carry me through until I am able to take a picture I will FEEL like posting.

I am very grateful for the support I have found here. I would suggest posting daily on the P1 thread. It's a great way to touch base with others who are on similar paths.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #6  

Welcome to the Beach! Pudding has starches in it that aren't allowed in phase 1. You can have sugarfree Jello gelatin but the pudding should wait until phase 2. The key to South Beach is lots of veggies.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:14 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Check out the other info in the FAQ Section plus lots of other info and note that dairy must be included. Please join us on the Phase I July thread.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #8  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINZLUV View Post
Also try 1% cottage cheese, and try to eat 1/2 cup of veggies with breakfast and 2 cups with lunch and dinner.
just thought i'd mention i always eat 2% daisy brand cause the additives in lower fat are so bad compared to that brand.

daisy brand
16oz Low Fat Cottage Cheese

Ingredients
Cultured Skim Milk, Cream, Salt, Vitamin A Palmitate

in the same kind of others you get

Ingredients:

Cultured Pasteurized Grade A Skim Milk, Milk and Cream, Whey, Contains Less than 2% of Modified Food Starch, Salt, Calcium Phosphate, Guar Gum, Natural Flavor, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3, Enzymes.

and the lower the fat content the worse it gets
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:29 PM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
I'm a newcomer to this forum, so I tend to leave the menu critiques to some of our seasoned beach gals.
Oops! Sorry, I just re-read P1 allowed foods. SB is a learning experience for me, too. Funny, now on P2 I never have the pudding. I just haven't included it in my food plan lately.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #10  

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the helpful hints and tips! I am so excited to make this a new way of life!