Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 10:54 AM   #1  

Default Give me a reason...

Let's pump eachother up!! Give a reason or two to why we should lose weight.

Just imagine...meeting up with a few girlfriends this Saturday for a light lunch and then some heavy shopping. Lunch lasted longer than expected, you all had alot to catch up on. After sipping on 2 Pina Colidas, flirting with the waiter, and laughing non-stop..you all feel so good. You force yourselves away from the table and pay the bill. Now..you find yourself discussing which stores you want to hit first. You're NOT thinking about which stores sell clothes that will fit you. You're NOT thinking of how you could save yourself the humiliation of telling you're girlfriends that you will meet up with them because you don't want to have to explain that you can't shop where they shop. You're NOT wishing you could hide.

You're holding you're head up high. You're taking each step with a smile. You feel good. And you look good. You walk into the closest clothing store and say hello to the size o Salesladys and smile. You didn't feel like crawling under he racks. You pick this and that from all over the store and head for the dressing room. Yes, a few things are too small or too big and you have to adjust, but they have you're size.

No one tells you that they don't carry "plus sizes". You compare you're findings with you're friends and discuss when you'll be swapping. Because you can swap. You don't wear 7 sizes bigger then them. You reach the counter, pay for you're treasures and head for the next store. No sweat. No anxiety. No anger.

Just a couple of girls enjoying a Saturday afternoon, shopping.

Not me sitting in a dressing room, fighting the tears swearing the jeans must be mislabeled.

That's what I want...

That's one my reasons..

Old 10-31-2002, 05:18 PM   #2  
missaprylj

That was beautiful. Peace. -Apryl

Old 10-31-2002, 07:03 PM   #3  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

My #1 reason:

When people meet me for the first time and they are trying to talk to someone else about me but can't remember my name, and they say, "Oh you know, the heavy set girl."

Instead, I want them to pick one of my 4 billion other traits, my gigantic eyes (my gigantic rack), my big nose, my loud mouth. ANYTHING.

I don't want someone to catagorize me with my size. I want someone to say, "You know, the girl who wouldn't stop talking all night and had the great Levi's on."
Old 10-31-2002, 07:23 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

going to Paris to buy the perfect dress. and then saving up more pennies and going to Milan to buy another one!!!

and a sports car. fitting into it. with room to spare.

having sweet young 20-something boys flirting with you and telling you how beautiful you are [hey, i'm OLD, not DEAD!!!]

having waiters fuss at you because you didn't finish your meal and they think that you didn't like it, but you loved it and couldn't finish it, especially if you wanted a bite or two of dessert
Old 10-31-2002, 07:53 PM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

1. having my daughter tell me Im not pudgy anymore
2. being proud of what Ive accomplished and knowing the fight I had to put up to get to where Im going.
3. seeing the ex's face come christmas......after 13 yrs of his sabotage, I broke free!
Old 10-31-2002, 09:18 PM   #6  

Well, the obvious is the beautiful baby. . .

But here's another - Right now I am embarrassed when I see people for the first time in a while. I avoid it if I can. They don't even recognize me. I can feel their shock - I look REALLY different with these 80 or so pounds on me.

I want to be able to go somewhere and see someone from way back when and have them say, "You look GREAT!" They haven't said that in a really long time and I feel it.

Angi
Old 10-31-2002, 09:49 PM   #7  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

How about not being afraid of mirrors? I have a full-length mirror on my shower door and I NEVER, EVER, EVER look at ANYTHING but my face in it! (I am a pretty girl...big brown eyes and a beautiful smile...but only from the neck up.)
Old 11-01-2002, 08:38 AM   #8  

My reason is to feel more fit ... to be in a physical condition to be able to train to run a marathon, or hike the entire Appalachian Trail, or cycle around the Irish countryside. To not have to worry about injuries caused because of my excess weight. To have energy to play with my children. To be able to see my muscles flex under my skin.

And I like the first image of being able to shop in the normal clothes stores!

Pen
265/218.5/150ish
Old 11-01-2002, 10:02 AM   #9  

Jennifer, I loved that! Definitely something I want as well. I want to soooo badly not to HAVE to shop at Layne Bryant, or wander around the department store looking for the Plus Size while passing by all these unbelieveably cute miss size clothes.

I also want to get to my goal weight so, if I so desired, I could go for a day long hike or bike ride. I love to be outdoors, but always feel like there's not much I can do because of all the extra weight.
Old 11-01-2002, 11:48 AM   #10  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Jennifer - Love this thread!!

The clothes thing is sooo true! Most mornings I fantisize about what I would have wore instead had I been thin. Today it would have been a cute taupe quilted sweatshirt, black jeans and black boots.

I want to have a lap for Jacob to sit in. Right now if I sit Indian style on the floor and he sits in my lap, he sits mostly on my calves, I want him on my thighs!!!
Old 11-03-2002, 06:32 PM   #11  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

Well this is an AWESOME post! I love what everyone wrote.
Here's some off the top of my head:

To see everyone's jaws drop when they see me (especially the men who know me but haven't seen me for a long time!)

To feel light as air and bouncy on my feet (not weighted down like lead!)

To discover how my personality will change when I've lost weight

To give away my fat clothes and buy me a fabulous new, trendy wardrobe! (a little at a time, though! )

To care about my health for once, and to show myself that I can love myself despite all the meanness I've suffered!

Love, irishwings (Holly)
Old 11-03-2002, 07:06 PM   #12  
Catwoman

I just want to feel normal, to know when ppl look at me they arent thinking how fat I am. To be able to go out in pulic and know I look hot and feel proud to show off my curves and not have to try to hide my bulges.
Most of all to feel comfortable in my skin. Its the only one Im ever going to have I may as well like it.
Its all worth working for so much more worth it then a meal or two.
Old 11-04-2002, 02:38 PM   #13  

To not dig and pull at my bra's constantly!

Old 11-04-2002, 03:24 PM   #14  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Or have wires spontaniously pop out of bra and gouge you right in the armpit... or spend $60 on a single bra because "it fits," or have only beige/white/onceinawhile black bras and no fun colors... OMIGOD we could have a whole thread on bras.
Old 11-04-2002, 05:29 PM   #15  
Old Cackler

oh YESSSSS!!!! the bra thing!!! i've been ogling them and hoping and waiting, and more hoping and coveting. and wondering if some of them are actually comfortable!!!!!!
Closed Thread