Old 07-01-2009, 01:38 PM   #1  
Almost there! 7lbs to go!

S/C/G: 165/137/130

Height: 5'8"

Default I have a couple ??'s...

Before I post, i'm not trying to offend or ask stupid ?'s, so please just ignore me if I do either... LOL!! Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

1. I started out at 165lbs, but have had 4 kids... (I'm 35) do you think I'll be able to get a completely flat stomach? (I know there are worse things in life, but this is just something I'm wondering about)

I gained 15-20lbs at most with my last 3 girls, so didn't get a big baby belly... Kwim? My stomach has gotten a great deal flatter since losing almost 20lbs, just wondering if I'll always be "round" there now...?

2. When you measure your waist, where exactly are we supposed to measure?

3. The other day dh brought home donuts, and I decided to have one since I hadn't had anything like that in 7 weeks. BAD idea... I felt *SO* sick, and had a couple of dizzy spells after my workout. Could this be from all the sugar/fat in the donut? I usually eat a "senisble" bfast before working out... so i'm *thinking* the donut could have did me in??

Thanks for reading..

Last edited by Moralia; 07-01-2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Typo & adding in more info. lol!
Moralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:41 PM   #2  
I wish!

S/C/G: 185/136/135

Height: 5'6''

OK...I can answer the waist question: measure around your body midway between your last rib and hip bone. Hope that helps!
StringBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I measure at the smallest part of my waist. On me, that's an easy point to see, where it indents. I also measure around my belly button to track progress with the belly.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

1. Every body is different I think. My stepmom has 2 kids and a washboard stomach. My mom has no biological kids and can't get rid of the slight pooch.

2. I also measure at my true waist, and again at my belly button.

3. I suppose it's possible that the sugar made you dizzy, but it would make more sense in my brain that you were dizzy from the lack of nutrition (protein, carbs) that your body is used to having before working out. Or maybe you got warmer than usual, or were more dehydrated. Hard to say.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:13 PM   #5  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Genetics plays a large part in the flat stomach issue. It is possible.

Yes, sugar can have that affect on me - sugar more than fat. Chock it up as a learning experience, and hopefully it will help you in the future
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote