Old 06-26-2009, 07:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default Maybe I should be called skinnywallet

instead of little edie.

Hello all,

Congrats to everyone who stayed on program this week and had some scale as well as NSV.

I've been so busy working I haven't had time to visit here as much as I like.

Anyway, I just blew an astounding $500 at MRC in supplements today. I had a big paycheck and wanted to make sure I had enough of everything for a while since I won't be picking up any extra hours in the next few weeks.

I added guggul, Total Woman, and ADWL to my other drugs. I also bought HNS to last me for 8 weeks and some cream of tomato to cook with as well as more vanilla pudding with which to make smoothies. I had a little sticker shock when I paid the bill, but trust me, I have no desire to cheat after dumping this much money in the program, lol.

The other three ladies I know who have done this program successfully have spent at least $2500. One spent $3100. Of course all had at least sixty pounds to lose.

So here I am...with a very skinny wallet, a freezer full of chicken, refrigerator full of produce, and a duffel bag full of supplements. I don't even need to leave my house for two months, lol.

Still cringing a little,

little edie bouvier
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 239/239/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Holy HNS, Batman!

This program is expensive, but your figures of $2500 and $3100 stunned me! I had planned to keep all my receipts so I would know how much my program cost me per pound. I planned to use that info to help motivate me from ever gaining the weight back, and to continue to make the effort thru stabilization and maintainence. I have 90 pounds to lose, so that is probably an extra $1000.00 for me. I don't even want to calculate it...but it is somewhere in the neighborhood of $40.00 per pound! I am shedding TRUFFLES or CAVIAR here! I think I can use this to motivate me to stay on plan. Any weight I gain will only be hurting my already skinny wallet to the tune of $40.00 per pound!

I'm keeping primary ownership of my moniker/pen-name, thanks, but I think you were very smart to buy ahead. Inflation isn't just at the end of the year. Prices go up all the time and you stocked up at June prices. Good planning ahead! Just think, next big paycheck can buy you new clothes because you had all your supplies and stayed on program for the next 8 weeks!

Plus they discontinue stuff. I liked the UC-II (collagen), but they no longer stock it. I found out where to get it online, but....still, if you like something, best to buy ahead if you can.
SkinnyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

It was quite a dose of reality to spend that much, but I feel better knowing I have these things and by the time I run out I should be close to goal (fingers crossed).

All these extras, as put so eloquently in another thread title, keep me motivated to stay on program. I feel very healthy and prepared.

I'm going to try some different cookbook items next week. I'm okay with chicken everyday but need to plan for the day my tastebuds rebel.

And you're right, skinnywallet. As much as I feel an affinity for your moniker, I think I'll wait until I can change my name to Skinny Edie Bouvier.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #4  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Height: 5'6"

I had it figured up at one point. I've lost *by their scales* 49 lbs and had I paid for stab/maint I would have spent over $800. I bought NOTHING other than the supplements there. I got my flax and multi elsewhere and did not take ANY of the other stuff. I signed up dec 31st and my program time ran out the 19th. I think I got out cheap but I don't feel like, in the end, that I got my money's worth. Not with some of the issues I've had with my center. I always bought the 10 for $90 and each box over the 10 you get for the same discounted price.

Good luck y'all!
ford4life69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/152

Height: 6'0"

Since we are talking about how much we've spent, I thought I'd share what I've spent on this. I think sharing info like this is very helpful to those who are looking in to the program. I kept all my receipts and I'm track my spending closely anyway so this is 100% accurate.

COSTS From April 2, 2009-June 25,2009:
  • Spent a total of $1,464.56 on the program
  • Total cost includes all supplements/vitamins - I took EVERYTHING they recommended I take.
  • Total cost includes 3-4 HNS a day for 2 of those months and 1-2 HNS a day for the remaining time.
  • Total cost includes enrollment (special price) which included my maintainence fee (free really).

RESULTS From April 2, 2009-June 25,2009:
  • Pounds Lost = 20-23 lbs (depending on the day). I could have lost another 5-7 more but at the end and during stabilization I've had a lot of very off plan weekends due to special events. That's my fault. Not the program's fault.
  • Inches Lost = 26.5 inches with most in my core area (stomach, hips)
  • Fat Percentage Lost: Went from 34% fat to 18.8-20.8% fat (depending on the day). That's 14-15% fat loss.
  • Fat Pounds Lost = I can't remember my exact last Tanita reading but I believe it was around 19 lbs of the 20 I've lost were fat pounds.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
  • They told me the program would cost me $900 to lose 25 lbs. They obviously don't do math well.
  • Supplements/Vitamins I was on during the whole program: Metabolic Enhancer, MRC6, Flax Caps, Enteric Coated EFA (fish-oil), MRC Total Woman Multi-Vitamin, Corti-Trim, Chromium Picolinate, B-6, Internal Cleanser, Guggul, MSM
  • I used Fat & Carb blocker on the days I ate off plan. I still have almost a full bottle left of that.
  • I used Liquid Minerals for a month and a half because they said it would help with cramping since I work out so much. When I didn't take it, I didn't notice any cramping so I stopped taking it. At $18 a bottle, I figured it wasn't worth it.

Last edited by lcmaly; 06-30-2009 at 12:23 PM.
lcmaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcmaly View Post
Since we are talking about how much we've spent, I thought I'd share what I've spent on this. I think sharing info like this is very helpful to those who are looking in to the program. I kept all my receipts and I'm track my spending closely anyway so this is 100% accurate.

COSTS From April 2, 2009-June 25,2009:
  • Spent a total of $1,464.56 on the program
  • Total cost includes all supplements/vitamins - I took EVERYTHING they recommended I take.
  • Total cost includes 3-4 HNS a day for 2 of those months and 1-2 HNS a day for the remaining time.
  • Total cost includes enrollment (special price) which included my maintainence fee (free really).

RESULTS From April 2, 2009-June 25,2009:
  • Pounds Lost = 20-23 lbs (depending on the day). I could have lost another 5-7 more but at the end and during stabilization I've had a lot of very off plan weekends due to special events. That's my fault. Not the program's fault.
  • Inches Lost = 26.5 inches with most in my core area (stomach, hips)
  • Fat Percentage Lost: Went from 34% fat to 18.8-20.8% fat (depending on the day). That's 14-15% fat loss.
  • Fat Pounds Lost = I can't remember my exact last Tanita reading but I believe it was around 19 lbs of the 20 I've lost were fat pounds.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
  • They told me the program would cost me $900 to lose 25 lbs. They obviously don't do math well.
  • Supplements/Vitamins I was on during the whole program: Metabolic Enhancer, MRC6, Flax Caps, Enteric Coated EFA (fish-oil), MRC Total Woman Multi-Vitamin, Corti-Trim, Chromium Picolinate, B-6, Internal Cleanser, Guggul, MSM
  • I used Fat & Carb blocker on the days I ate off plan. I still have almost a full bottle left of that.
  • I used Liquid Minerals for a month and a half because they said it would help with cramping since I work out so much. When I didn't take it, I didn't notice any cramping so I stopped taking it. At $18 a bottle, I figured it wasn't worth it.
This was such an eye opener....but that is with taking all the pills they offer there at MRC....I was told I could buy everything much cheaper, so I think only the HNS's is what will add to the cost. The $900 to lose 25 pounds, was that including taking all the pills? If not, that can really be quite expensive if you have lot's to lose.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #7  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

OK, so each pound cost you approximately $64!!! YIKES...I have 40 lbs to go, for a total of 110 lbs, so this program would cost me....$7040!!!

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramira View Post
OK, so each pound cost you approximately $64!!! YIKES...I have 40 lbs to go, for a total of 110 lbs, so this program would cost me....$7040!!!

Kira

OUCH!!! I'm in the same boat....that's a whole lot of money!!!! Where are these specials I'm hearing about???
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:17 PM   #9  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I honestly don't know what I've spent so far in to the program. It's probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,600 and I still have 4 months of program to go. But $399 of that was for 24 weeks of program, stab. and maint. So, we'll see. The only specials I know of at my center are the 10 boxes of HNS's for $90 or 5/$55.
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

This was pretty intriguing so I had to do some calculations of my own.

I paid $563.00 for 24 weeks and I got the ADWL, Total Woman, MRC 6. I got the $99.00 special at my food class to get the cookbook, Liquid Minerals, Multi Vitamin, and Internal Cleanser. I only purchase the HNS at my center and I purchase 5 for $50 each week. I have received 2 $25.00 certificates.

I take a multivitamin, actual flax oil, coq10, B complex, health food store equivalent of MRC6, calcium supplement, evening primrose oil, chromium, and iron which has cost about $140.

So my grand total is $1513.50.

The only money I think I wasted was doing the $99.00 special. The Liquid Minerals were kind of fun because I put them in a shot glass and pretended it was alcohol, but then they developed a weird taste so I dumped it. Never could figure out the purpose of the Internal Cleanser--one counselor would say it would help with constipation, another would say it was for detox...and the third would say it was for both! It gave me horrible kidney pain and I refused to take it. The multivitamin I purchased elsewhere at a much cheaper price. Cookbook is OK, but the recipe thread here has many of the recipes.

I calculate that one pound costs $26.10 and I am half way to my goal.

When I started I couldn't work at my 'fun' job for a shift without hurting all day Sunday, and I had such foot pain I couldn't even walk 6 blocks without severe pain. Some days I had such indigestion I was taking antacids 3 times a day. All this is gone.

For me it has been and will be worth every dollar.
msim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:59 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/152

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
This was such an eye opener....but that is with taking all the pills they offer there at MRC....I was told I could buy everything much cheaper, so I think only the HNS's is what will add to the cost. The $900 to lose 25 pounds, was that including taking all the pills? If not, that can really be quite expensive if you have lot's to lose.
Yes, the $900 they quoted me during my consult was based on taking all the recommended pills and 3 HNS a day (so I did bump up to 4 a day for a while because I was losing lean muscle mass).
lcmaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:42 PM   #12  

Default Supplements

I am interested in what you used for the MRC6 that you got at the health food store...can you please fill me in?
Gsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #13  

I am thinking about trying this again on my own. I was on the mail order program anyway, because the closest one to me is about 300+ miles away.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsmom View Post
I am interested in what you used for the MRC6 that you got at the health food store...can you please fill me in?
Hey Gsmom;
I don't have my bottle with me, but I went to the health food store and asked for a product with apple cider vinegar, kelp, lethican and she directed me to 'The Grapefruit Formula'. It

Dig around on an old thread, something about MRC products elsewhere and I know there are some products available on the internet.
msim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:07 PM   #15  

Default Thanks!

I appreciate your quick reply...